Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Rock Against Trump

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ForestOfAllusion, May 4, 2016.

1. ForestOfAllusion May 4, 2016
    (Last edited: May 4, 2016)
    ForestOfAllusion

Old Aesthetic Prestigious

Remember back in 2004, Fat Mike of NoFx created the Rock Against Bush compilations? Obviously, Bush got a second term so it was unsuccessful; but I feel Trump's brand of racist demagoguery, sexist remarks, and overall corporate greed is exactly the kind of movement people should be "rocking against." I think the people on Chorus.fm have open minds and have great political discourse in the Politics forum, and I know there is a sentiment of fear against a potentially dangerous election. (Sidenote: and for fans or supporters of Trump on here, please don't spam my inbox with hate, we all have our right to opinions)

Just curious if maybe musicians of Chorus or friends of musicians would maybe want to do a free download compilation of a Rock Against Trump (or a title that Fat Wreck Chords would be alright with) with the political sphere in mind. On AP, there was a constant string of comps released whether tributes or original music, I think this kind of thing would be fun and a good way of spreading some clarity in a tumultuous political landscape. Let me know in here if this interests you, I would love to get something together. I don't really make any music myself but I could gather the tracks and do some album artwork for it, as well as host the download.

*Edit 1: Do an original or cover song that is politically charged against the Donald. Say tentatively June 15. If you want to submit a track, hit my inbox with a copy of the track. I will start compiling as soon as I get them.

Make sure you submit the track with the name of the song, the name of the artist, and the names of the people who helped make the song so I can give credit all around. Thanks!

Turkeylegz likes this.
  2. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

Yes, I would like to contribute my cover of Bad Religion's "We're Only Gonna Die From Our Own Arrogance"

ForestOfAllusion likes this.
  3. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Nice idea. I wouldn't have anything to contribute either, but totally behind doing it.

ForestOfAllusion likes this.
  4. ForestOfAllusion

Just in the planning phase but not only is that a kick ass song, love BR, it would fit so well, interested to hear your cover.

If we can get at least 10, but I would like 20-25 musicians to lock they would do an original or cover song that is politically charged against the Donald, I will come up with a date to have them into me by. Say tentatively June 15. If you want to submit a track, hit my inbox with a copy of the track. I will start compiling as soon as I get them.

Make sure you submit the track with the name of the song, the name of the artist, and the names of the people who helped make the song so I can give credit all around. Thanks!

bradsonemanband likes this.
  5. I'm definitely up for being on something like this! I'll sub to this thread so I can keep up with the progress of it.

And for those who might be interested, the compilations we did over at AP.net are still going on here in full force. Here's our thread, if anyone is interested in participating in future ones.

6. ForestOfAllusion

Ah very nice, do you mind if I promote this in that thread?

7. ForestOfAllusion

8. This sounds cool! If I have the time, I'll be happy to put something together.

9. ForestOfAllusion

nice nice, I want to try to keep this alive, so feel free to share this with anyone... working with a local band from Philly to try to get one of their tracks on this

10. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

I'll see what I can conjure up! I mean, I'm an Australian, but I still want to be a part of this.