Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Robyn Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Mar 10, 2016.

1. anyway...

her self titled album and body talk were SO good! loved those records. i can't believe it's been 7 years now since body talk came out.

2. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

not the point

3. i get it. an artist should be able to move at their own pace and do what they want. obviously. i'm not actually demanding a new Robyn album be released, or any band/artist that i love, for that matter. i really don't actually care.

sorry if you actually think i'm the kind of person that would seriously ask an artist to do what i say because i feel like i deserve something. that's not me.

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

This Mr. Tophat EP is pretty interesting, a bit too meandering and repetitive for my taste, but it's nice to hear Robyn as the sparse vocals every so often

5. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, it's not amazing but it's a cool listen.

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

holy shit

7. irthesteve

Something related to Girls happening with Robyn tomorrow, really hoping for a new song!

8. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I often think about her remix live show last summer and how crushingly disappointing it was.

9. irthesteve

Ommmmgggggggggg new song in Girls tonight and it was fuckin GOOD. Shazam couldn't get it, and it wasn't listed in credits, so I don't yet know the name

10. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Awesome, hopefully it shows up online sometime today. Was it like her recent dance EPs or was it more like the big pop jams we all want?

11. irthesteve

big ol pop jam, it was about a minute and a half of the song and it was a banger

12. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Excellent, I can't wait to hear the full song.

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

just a rip so far with Adam Driver and Lena Dunham talking over it

ryan.conde and ugman_2000 like this.
  14. irthesteve

It's actually a fake Lena, but whatever!!!@!@#!@#

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I don't know if that's better or worse haha

irthesteve likes this.
  16. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

That sounds great (apart from the talking obvs).

17. irthesteve

Ahhhh it's gonna be a while til we get the full song it seems :/

"After Lena used Dancing On My Own in the first season of Girls, in the most amazing way, i was so happy she asked me if she could put another of my songs in the series. I sent her some music im working on and she picked Honey. It wasnt ready to be relesed, but i finished this version for her and Girls [​IMG]❤. Thank you Lena Dunham for making this tv-show that flips my brain like a burger like 15 times every episode, i love that feeling! And for bringing up all these emotionally complex situations in such a brilliant way, without making excuses. And thank you for asking me to make music for your work. I wouldnt want to miss out on making music for Adams movie for anything. "

18. irthesteve

on Lena's Instagram, she calls this track "a version of a song off her upcoming album"

19. irthesteve

20. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

you should have

bradsonemanband and irthesteve like this.
  21. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

22. irthesteve

I was just listening to that! I love Vanessa Carlton, and of course this song, but not sure it suits her all that well

cwhit likes this.
  23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Robyn Discusses New Album, Songs With Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis At RBMF

24. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

hope theres at least one royksopp track