Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

RoboCop Returns (Neill Blomkamp, 20??) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by jkauf, Jul 11, 2018.

1. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Original writers Ed Neumeier and Michael Miner are producing and exec producing, respectively. Justin Rhodes, who co-wrote the Terminator film that Tim Miller is shooting, will rewrite the script that Neumeier and Miner wrote years ago as a planned sequel to Verhoeven’s hit, an installment that never happened.

Neill Blomkamp To Direct New ‘RoboCop’ For MGM; Justin Rhodes Rewriting Sequel Script By Creators Ed Neumeier & Michael Miner

New 'RoboCop' Movie Coming from 'District 9' and 'Chappie' Director Neill Blomkamp

2. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Neill Blomkamp to Chappie up a new Robocop movie

3. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Can't wait for Robocop to team up with some shitty rappers

4. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

Would much rather District 10

5. shea

RIP Supporter

Cool.

I saw some article a few months ago with Neumeier talking about making a new one that was a direct sequel to the original but never saw anything more about it until now. Pretty excited for Blomkamp, too...I loved D9 but never saw Chappie.

Since it's a followup to the original, hopefully he doesn't look like gunmetal/black Ironman this time..

6. shea

RIP Supporter

Dammit.

7. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I genuinely don't know if this dude has had the shittiest luck with studio movies, or he's actually a pretty mediocre writer/director who got lucky with District 9

Chappie makes me assume it's the latter.

8. Morrissey

Trusted

Thank God we dodged that bullet.

9. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I thought this was well on its way...kinda thought something would drop at Comic Con. Guess we have a long way to go :/