Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Robert Delong

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Madmod, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Madmod

Lurking

About to announce a new album to my understanding.

2. Madmod

Lurking

ROBERT DELONG RELEASES NEW SINGLE “REVOLUTIONARY” WATCH THE VISUAL HERE

SEE YOU IN THE FUTURE EP TO BE RELEASED 10/19

ANNOUNCES HEADLINE DATES + TOURING WITH AJR THIS FALL

[​IMG]

24 August 2018 (Toronto, ON) - Robert DeLong releases new single “Revolutionary” produced by Tim Pagnotta (Walk the Moon, Neon Trees, Saint Motel) out today via Glassnote Records/Universal Music Canada, the country’s leading music company. For “Revolutionary”, DeLong’s voice slips into an anthemic refrain punctuated by howling synths and a falsetto swagger. Robert will release his See You In The Future EP October 19th.

Robert DeLong said, “Revolutionary was a song I wrote at a time when I was considering the pervasiveness of technology in our daily personal, social, and political lives. I explore the fear many of us have experienced as a reaction to the counterfeit online lives we have created, or the proliferation of false information via the internet. Yet, as an advocate for technology, I wanted to point to a future where we can take advantage of the vast technological resources humanity has created for the betterment of individuals and society. I truly believe there is a positive way forward, but it will require a revolutionary stance on the part of humanity at large. Because of this, I like to call this song my transhumanist anthem, in hopes that we can utilize the tools that are already integral to our daily experiences as the engines that will drive humanity toward a more ideal future.”

Delongt’s recent collaboration with K.Flay “Favorite Color is Blue” went Top 12 at Alternative radio and has been streamed over 5 million times worldwide. He will hit the road this fall with AJR as well playing headline dates in many cities. Full list of dates below.

His 2015 sophomore album, In The Cards, yielded a string of fan favorite singles such as “Don’t Wait Up” and the smash “Long Way Down”—which peaked at #3 on the Alternative Chart, clocked over 30 million Spotify streams in addition to 3 million YouTube/VEVO views and counting. The record garnered acclaim from Billboard, Baeble Music, iHeart.com, and more.

Praise of Robert’s Collab with K.Flay “Favorite Color Is Blue”

"The one man pop machine known as Robert Delong is here to provide you with the head-bopping goodness you need to through the rest of the week." - Nylon

“This is instantly a Baeble favorite…” - Baeble

ROBERT DELONG RELEASES NEW SINGLE “REVOLUTIONARY” WATCH THE VISUAL HERE | Umusic

3. Madmod

Lurking

I am really surprised I am the only one talking about this guy on Chorus. He is so talented. New album is out and it is a delight.

4. Vs.

Regular

Robert Delong is great, I just haven't taken the time to really look him up. I've added songs here or there ever since Global Concepts/Long Way Down came out. This Life just popped up on my curated playlist and it's really good. I'll have to check the new album out.

5. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

I really enjoyed him like 9 years ago. Haven't paid attention in the last 6 or so.

6. Madmod

Lurking

The new album really seems to be themed around the average struggling and confused millennial.