Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Roadies (Showtime) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by irthesteve, Jun 9, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

New TV series from Cameron Crowe, premieres June 26, 2016 on Showtime.
    Starring Luke Wilson, Carla Gugino, Imogen Poots and more

[​IMG]

2. irthesteve

I know Crowe gets a lot of slack, but I'm excited for this. I love his brand of stuff, and he premise seems fun. We'll seeeeee

3. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Seems like this is right in Crowe's wheelhouse. If it's even remotely like Almost Famous, it'll be great.

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

5. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Anyone watch it yet?

6. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Probably will never watch this, if not just because MGK is in it and he's awful.

7. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Had no idea MGK was in this. Hahaha.

edit: Guess I just didn't know what he looks like. He's one of the leads?

8. irthesteve

what's an MGK?

9. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

10. irthesteve

haha, oh him. I don't mind him as a rapper I suppose, I never purposefully listen to him, but I see no reason not to give him a chance acting-wise

11. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, I don't have any issues with him one way or another, really. I'm definitely gonna give the pilot a shot later. We'll see...

12. This was a mess.

heymynameisjoe likes this.
  13. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I watched the first 20 minutes and I don't know if I'm gonna watch the rest.

14. irthesteve

It was definitely a rough start. A bit overly cheesy, often... but by the end it became a bit more charming and I cared about the characters a little more. I'll give it a few more episodes at least

15. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Watched the first 2 and it's decent but it feels like something is missing.

heymynameisjoe likes this.
  16. CstSnow

Regular Supporter

It's interesting that this was supposed to be a half hour show and was expanded to a full hour because Showtime needed to fill a time slot, you can see the filler for sure. But the premise is solid, the characters seem like they could develop nicely, and I'm a sucker for Crowe so I will definitely keep watching. It doesn't hurt that most critics have said that it really finds its footing episode 3 and beyond.

17. heymynameisjoe

when the days have no numbers Prestigious

you have to at least get to the song of the day part with frightened rabbit.

overall, im going to give this show at least a few more episodes. i love the subject matter and crowe has proven he can be a great storyteller, but it really needs to stop feeling like he's attempting to relive his 'almost famous' days.

18. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I was really, really looking forward to watching this show then I saw it got panned by...pretty much everyone - critics and fan - so it's really disappointing. Still DVRing all of them so maybe one day I'll sit down and give it a chance.

19. Stever155

Definitely something is missing. I want to get into this series but it doesn't have any teeth. So far it's boring and Luke
    Wilson is lousy as Bill. I was actually hoping he had a heart attack tonight. They have to pick things up or I'm done.

20. CstSnow

Regular Supporter

What's missing is its a half hour show that they had to stretch an hour time slot.

21. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Is anyone else watching this? I'm almost caught up, binged a bunch of episodes this weekend on Hulu. Last episode I watched had Halsey in it. It has its struggling moments but overall it's been a good watch.

22. SoundwaveUproar

Regular Prestigious

Honestly hoped more people got into it. I love the show. It's really encapsulates everything that makes me feel good when I just get lost in a song on the radio or at a concert. Nd I love the history they're brining in between The Who incident and this episode based on Skynyrd.

23. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Last one I watched was the stuck on the bus episode and I quit after that.

24. irthesteve

finally got around to episode 2, just gonna quit this one sadly

25. manoverboard365

Trusted

This ended up being one of my favorite new shows. Took a while for it to pick up though.