Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riverdale (CW) TV Show • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by joe727, Aug 29, 2016.

1. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

The new episode was great. Veronica and Betty are definitely my favorite characters thus far (my avatar might deceive u but Archie is just a beautiful man)

2. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Currently a few minutes into the first episode. Kevin was like, "Archie got hot".

I'm like nice, nice.

3. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

this episode was so lit

TheWater(s) and Mrplum5089 like this.
  4. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I enjoyed catching up on this but good lord would it kill them to let some colors pop every now and then? Even colorful scenes are shot so drearily.

Betty and Veronica are so well cast. Always fun to watch. Cole Sprouse is solid. The dude who plays Archie is a suitable Ben McKenzie/Chad Michael Murray broody eye candy teen lead/not all that interesting dude.

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  5. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Yeah I can't tell if it's the way he's written or the guy who plays him but Archie is easily the worst

6. Nathan

It's the writing. The dude seems more than capable but he's just being asked to brood and look through windows at girls. He still sells Archie's earnestness though.

7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Archie's dad >>>>>>
    Cher had good taste

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  8. Nathan

The Pussycats are great too though it'll be hard for me to separate from my endless adoration of the 2001 masterpiece version of them.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  9. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

I wish Josie wasn't so mean. But I feel like she's the type of person who is your friend for life once you win them over.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  10. TedSchmosby

Trusted

There was a Riverdale review in my university newspaper, and the girl writing it opened up by saying how big of a fan she was of Archie growing up and I was like "Damn, maybe I should look this girl up on the Facebook." Then in the second paragraph she called Pop's the "Chocolate Shop" and I dipped the fuck out

zigbigwig and Colby Searcy like this.
  11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

poor Jughead
    all I could think of was Jean Ralphio saying technically I'm homeless

mad and Mrplum5089 like this.
  12. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Man I love this show.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  13. Nathan

I want to like this show more than I currently do. Outside of Archie/Betty/Veronica the characterization isn't all that strong, it hasn't really let any plot lines gather narrative momentum, and hiding so much character information in vague background (Polly, Jughead, the Lodges) is lazy. I believe in the show. I like the cast and concept and it's had its moments. Hopefully the Archie/Grundy stuff is mostly over so it can finally focus on some meatier/more intriguing storylines.

Colby Searcy and Whalejaw like this.
  14. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I love Kevin's relationship with his dad. Have we ever seen a parent so supportive of their gay child right off the bat?

Colby Searcy, Mrplum5089 and Whalejaw like this.
  15. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Cole Sprouse has been surprisingly effective as Jughead, even if he is a little overly-broody.

16. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Absolutely my favourite episode so far. There was something that got me in every scene. At this point, I have no problem seeing these people as the characters from the comics. Betty threatening to turn herself in, for example, says so much about both her and her mom. And I love that they used the classic "we need to save X from being torn down". This show has me you guys. I fucking love Archie

17. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Especially considering his dad is a public servant, really cool to see!

18. Colby Searcy

Love the nod to Betty being tomboyish because it the current comics run she very much is and I wondered if they were gonna touch on it

19. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Yes, that's another thing I loved. Betty the master car mechanic!

Colby Searcy likes this.
  20. Colby Searcy

Still not sure how tomboyish she's gonna end up being though, because she's definitely way more feminine in the show than she's perceived in the comics.

Not a bad thing just an observation

21. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I'm hoping Jughead starts working and living in the back room at Pop's and they build up that relationship

Colby Searcy likes this.
  22. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

I wasn't sure I'd like it but ep 3/4 won me over. Lots of fun.

I second that comic recommendation. New Archie is really really good. Volumes 1 and 2 are already out.

23. zigbigwig

I also loved the reference with the real Miss Grundy looking exactly like the one in the comics.

24. TedSchmosby

Trusted

And I love that that reveal happened 15 minutes into the episode and wasn't a cliffhanger, given what it turned out to be. That was bold

25. zigbigwig

Haha yeah, everything just went by so quickly.