Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riverdale (CW) TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by joe727, Aug 29, 2016.

1. mad

I was right. Prestigious

The obvious choices right now are Cheryl and Betty's mom, but I'm guessing it'll be someone less obvious

2. Colby Searcy Feb 3, 2017
    (Last edited: Feb 3, 2017)
    Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I'm thinking Reggie because he went on that gay rant and I feel like maybe he's closeted or something?

My wife thought maybe a botched suicide pact or something, but that may not be with the final reveal...

3. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

My gut says Jughead since he's the only one I think has enough intelligence.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  4. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Jughead would be pretty cool since he's also the narrator

5. Colby Searcy

I could see that but that would make me sad

6. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

I'd only be sad if he gets prison time/killed because of it. Hopefully Cole Sprouse doesn't have other projects that make him leave the show early.

7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Still going with Cheryl because she was in love with him, or maybe someone we haven't even met

8. Dodge725

Trusted

This show is good, but the Archie/teacher plot brings it down so much. It makes my skin crawl given he's at most 16, and why disrupt one of the most famous love triangles by adding a really creepy, let alone illegal, 3 relationship? The actual Archie elements are great (Betty/Veronica, Jughead, Josie & the Pussycats), but the more Twin Peaks-like ones aren't as strong.

mad likes this.
  9. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I wish a little more was done to make Riverdale feel like it's own unique town. Even with stuff like Pop's, it doesn't feel very different from the gloss of a lot of other similar shows. Running with the Twin Peaks comparison, think of that diner, or Leo's unfinished house, or the sheriff's station. It didn't feel like those sets could exist anywhere else, and I wish I knew what could be done to Archie's house and the high school to make it feel more like the pleasant Americana of the comics. That, contrasted with the tone of the show, would be so unsettling

Kingjohn_654 and Colby Searcy like this.
  10. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Any ideas on who killed that Blossom boy?

My guess is Grundy.

11. Colby Searcy

12. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

I guess I just dislike Grundy so much that I assume it's her.

I think Cheryl is too obviously villain-like to be the killer.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  13. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

i'm guessing it's betty's mom

14. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Grundy will be the red herring, the real cougar will be Betty's mom.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  15. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

I assumed they were seniors and Archie was 18. Doesn't make that storyline much better but I figured that was the angle to explain it away.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  16. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Mostly thankful to this show and all CW shows for the music. The scene of Archie and Veronica in the closet and a small piece of this song is played. I'm now obsessed with it

stayillogical likes this.
  17. Colby Searcy

I don't think they've explicitly said an age. Not that I caught at least, cuz this was my thoughts as well

18. mad

I was right. Prestigious

In a conversation with her mom it was said that Betty is a sophomore so I assume Archie is in the same grade. Which makes him 15/16.

19. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

CW's a guilty pleasure of mine, I dig Flash, Arrow, and dug VD for a long time. I'll check this out

20. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Truth. I've discovered so much music thanks to the CW.

21. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Such a great episode, Betty shows her imperfections, new villain gets introduced, and a killer ending.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  22. Colby Searcy

This episode reminded me alot of the Veronica Mars arc about the campus/fraternity rapes in season 2/3.

Really loving this show!

mad likes this.
  23. mad

I was right. Prestigious

BARB

24. Colby Searcy

I thought that's who that was when I first saw it but wasn't sure.

So awesome!

25. mad

I was right. Prestigious

At first I thought it was another actress and they were making her look like Barb on purpose lol

TheWater(s) and Colby Searcy like this.