Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riverdale (CW) TV Show • Page 25

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by joe727, Aug 29, 2016.

1. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

incredible

2. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

FINALLY caught up on this show, I'm so excited for season three. Hoping the creepy cult aspect leads to a Sabrina crossover. I also love the cast- it's rare that I'll follow "celebs" on social media, but they're all so fun and seem so nice, I love seeing their Insta stories.

I love that this show is awful and amazing, to the point where pretty much anyone can get hooked on it. My boyfriend went from teasing me when I had it on to begging to watch more.

3. Psychslikeyou

To be honest, I feel like the show is going downhill to appease the general (young teenage girl) audience, who are the ones to tweet, etc about stuff (mainstream if you will/selling out) :/ I'm sure none of you will probably agree with me, but season one was fantastic with the murder mystery vibe/twists and turns. I had a feeling it was going to end the way it did with the killer being the father, but the whole plot reveal behind how/why with the whole syrup/drugs thing was absolutely INSANE. Season 2 was decent, but the Hal reveal was too obvious towards the end (as if they didn't know what to do with the end, so they just threw it together). And I think that I read that season 3 won't have any new killer whatsoever, so the whole foundation the show was built on, is going away. It seems like it will basically just be a teenage drama show now about relationships/high school, which seems very catering to young girls and too boring for me (adult male). The only way for them to improve in my eyes (with no added new killer) is to reveal something along the lines of Hal was hired by someone to do what he did, etc. Expand upon the second season with a crazy twist and turn.

4. personalmaps

didn't you just complain about the show being for teenage girls like 2 posts ago

5. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

The only thing I really remember from the musical episode is Archie's "It's so hard being tough" line and how I died a little inside

6. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

best part of the second season was when new hot Reggie said some shit in his Brooklyn(???) accent like

"Bulldogs eat serpents for lunch"

lmao

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  7. BackyardHero11

Trusted

I thoroughly enjoyed the musical episode, but maybe I'm in the minority? haha. sure it's ridiculous but I love when this show gets genre weird. I thought season 2 was great, but I think it struggled a bit in the middle and maybe would have been better off staying at limited episodes like the 1st season. pumped for season 3 though

Kingjohn_654 and Psychslikeyou like this.
  8. Jake W

It depends on if you like musical episodes or not. Thought it could get worse than that Flash one, but then this one happened...

9. BackyardHero11

Trusted

that's fair, I don't mind them, they are what they are. I personally thought this one was better crafted and flowed smoother than The Flash's musical episode. though that may be in part to the songs already existing for a real musical that they were putting on in the school.

no musical episode has ever been better than Scrubs' in my opinion though. that was hilarious, fun, good songs, and a clever reason as to why everyone was singing.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  10. personalmaps

my only complaint with s2 is that Chic is the worst and we could have had more Choni screentime instead of that.

11. primavera

chic maybe all time worst actor

Kingjohn_654, Aregala and Jake W like this.
  12. BackyardHero11

Trusted

yeah his storyline could've been entirely cut out honestly. and betty's inclusion in his storyline was so eye rolling.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  13. BackyardHero11

Trusted

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  14. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Archie comics turn 50

In the 90s, Archie's readership was 60 percent female. "Selling out" would be changing their direction to suit you.

15. Kingjohn_654

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

How about a Josie And The Pussycats movie where an evil record company courts them

17. Jake W

superhero Cheryl spin off plz

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

She could be Poison Ivy

Jake W and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  19. primavera

cheryl merges with the arrowverse

20. Kingjohn_654

I'd be fine with her replacing Ollie.

BackyardHero11 and primavera like this.
  21. Jake W

I'd be fine with her replacing any of them. Haven't watched the last two seasons...

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I feel like having Anthony Michael Hall and Molly Ringwald on the show but not having them interact is peak Riverdale

23. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

After the character AMH played in season 3 of Awkward I'm undoubtedly here for this

24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

this is such a niche intersection of my interests

25. primavera

wow