Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riverdale (CW) TV Show • Page 24

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by joe727, Aug 29, 2016.

1. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

This was wild haha I almost got tricked into thinking there was going to be a happy ending this season, but idk how I didn't know better. Polly's farm friend is definitely very suspicious, I mean the whole farm thing is very suspicious and screams cult, so who knows what she is really up to. I wonder how long the Archie being arrested plot is going to go on? They can't really keep Archie locked up that long right?

Overall I thought the last couple episodes have been ridiculous, but fun. The riot was so over the top but I loved it

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  2. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

What's wrong with teen girls?

3. Kingjohn_654

Archie ended S1 being really awesome too.

It's like every season hes gonna be a dope the whole time until the very end.

4. Kingjohn_654

Hopefully the "great detective" Betty Cooper can clear his name!

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  5. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Idk she couldn't even see what was right under her nose really the BH is all her fault

Max_123 and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I ship Toni and Cheryl and I'm technically an adult man, teenage girls are cool not in a weird way

7. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Toni and Cheryl are the coolest characters without a doubt

8. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

This is very confusing to me because Season 1 was almost all about the teen relationships until the end. Season 2 largely ditched that for a much darker, murder driven show, so I don't see where they changed anything about the show to cater to teen girls who, if we're being honest, was a large part of the target demographic to begin with. Also there's really no signs they plan to let up on the darker elements of the show considering it ended with the leading character getting arrested for being framed for a murder that was actually carried out under the orders of his girlfriend's mobster father. I don't get where you're coming from at all.

Kingjohn_654, Whalejaw and nomemorial like this.
  9. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I smiled so much when Toni was like "well let's make it official then". And Cheryl in the red serpent jacket. Gotta love it, how could you not?

10. Psychslikeyou

I feel like season 1 was more about the mystery of finding out who the killer was. This season had more characters and thus, more relationship information/plot along those lines. The whole black hood storyline was present about half of the episodes. The other half of the show this season was about tony and Cheryl, jughead and the serpents, roni and her family, etc. There was a lot more going on this season than just focusing on a murder mystery.

11. Psychslikeyou

and... the finale was much better season one. NO ONE could have guessed how it ended other than maybe guessing the suspect, but not the reason why. This season it was kinda obvious who it was

12. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

But a lot of what you listed is not teen relationship drama haha Toni and Cheryl really wasn't a huge part of the season I didn't feel like. Like all their scenes were pretty brief except for breaking Cheryl out of the crazy nun lady place. And yea jughead and the serpents, roni and her family, that was all pretty relevant to the overall plot this season of Hiram Lodge trying to take over. It's not like it was just needless family drama like "oh Roni doesn't get along with her parents". I mean to each your own, I'm not saying you had to enjoy this season, I'm just confused where you're coming from. To me it would be exhausting if all the show was about was figuring out who the black hood was.

Kingjohn_654 and nomemorial like this.
  13. Jake W

Season 1 was defintely more relationship focused lol

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  14. Psychslikeyou

I guess it's just my preference. I like murder mystery type things and that's what I thought this show was going to be all about. But there's so much other stuff going on that clouds it. I guess I would've rather had a shortened season and it all be about the black hood, and not have as much screentime about all of the dramatic teen stuff with Cheryl and the nuns, all of the serpent drama, archie and roni's family. It makes sense why they put all that in there, I just wanted a murder mystery show without so much teenage love and drama in it.

15. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I mean it's a CW show it's gonna have a lot of relationship stuff no matter what

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I care more about the relationships, I feel the black hood stuff felt so unrealistic that it felt out of place

17. Jake W

At least it's not Arrow post-season 2

18. Psychslikeyou

Yeah. Once I start a show, I continue watching until they stop making it no matter how stupid it gets. Arrow is my prime example. Anything past season 2 is just too much, but I'm still watching. Other than that last episode of season 5 was decent with the whole blowing up the island/Preometheus battle. It provided a great ending, so I was ready to see the beginning of this season and figure out who died on the island. Damien Dhark was the worst part of the show by far. Then after that, I'd say this season is probably second worst.

19. Psychslikeyou

I also watch the Flash and it is definitely very cheesy, even more so than Arrow sometimes. Season one was okay... but since then it has gotten worse like Arrow has. I believe the CW is going to be in real trouble after this next year unless they come up with new good shows unlike Life Sentence which was cancelled after one season... because it will most likely be the last seasons for both Izombie and Arrow. Probably not The Flash but they would probably only get another year or two out of it since it started after Arrow. Riverdale might make it to 4 or more seasons, not sure as a guess on that show. But as far as the superhero shows and izombie, I can only see them all lasting 1-2 more seasons. But yeah I feel like the CW will literally have to cut like half of their shows after the next seasons come out.

20. Jake W

Riverdale, Crazy Ex, iZombie, Jane the Virgin have been some of my favourite shows the past few years. Yeah the DC shows have gone down in quality(apart from Black Lightning), but the CW will do fine.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  21. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Cheryl definitely is the best female character now, she's really turned a corner. I hated her early on lol

Kingjohn_654, morgantayler and Jake W like this.
  22. Jake W

I hated her at first too lol

23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

What's cool about Cheryl is they really softened her when she came out, and I like to think it's supposed to be because embracing herself for who she was took a lot of the hate and anger she had to the other students out of her. Obviously not the case for her mom, but like who could blame her for that

24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

what

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  25. TedSchmosby

Trusted

As much as I didn’t like the musical episodes, I’ll love if the show just keeps doing weird, novel episodes

Kingjohn_654 and Mrplum5089 like this.