Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riverdale (CW) TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by joe727, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Kingjohn_654 Jan 20, 2017
    (Last edited: Jan 20, 2017)
    Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Does this mean Mr Lodge won't be in this? His dynamic with Archie was always a favorite.

Edit: I hadn't watched your link, I thought this was to the promo about Veronica on the FB page.

2. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Excited for the premiere this week.

3. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I loved this!

Best show The CW has aired since Veronica Mars(at least based on the Pilot)

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

5. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I fell asleep. Will try again tonight lol.

Whalejaw likes this.
  6. mad

I was right. Prestigious

uuugghhhhhh I'm so tired of the teacher sleeping with a student storyline in teen shows!!!

7. mad

I was right. Prestigious

The pilot was alright, but I don't think I can watch anymore due to the yuckiness of the Archie/Ms Grundy storyline.

8. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I dug this.

9. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I feel like it's kind of unfair/unwise to frame anything in a tv show as one thing until you've seen where they intend to go with it.

Schooner, Whalejaw and Mrplum5089 like this.
  10. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Yeah that's the main reason I'm sticking with it. These plots could play off in a very satisfying way. It could also end in a dumpster fire. I got The Flash at least for my CW fill if this tanks.

11. Kingjohn_654

Right?! Like, yes, it's very very gross. Then on top of that, it's so cliché and overdone. It's boring.

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I really like the vibe of this,the Archie/Grundy plot didn't feel as weird to me as the heavily implied twincest but I agree that it's problematic

Colby Searcy likes this.
  13. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Really like almost all of the casting. I don't know how much of my enjoyment is coming from knowing these are Archie characters and places and how much is coming from the actual quality of the show, but I'm interested to see where it goes

14. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

I made my roommate and a couple other friends watch it to see if it was just my personal feelings or if it was actually a good show. All 3 enjoyed it (to varying degrees). Now I got a group to watch with next week!

TedSchmosby and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  15. jorbjorb

7 rings

I'm hooked after watching the premier.. I've never even read the comic books before.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  16. Colby Searcy

If you're interested, check out the reboot that started in 2015. Absolutely fantastic! I knew nothing about anything Archie related but that book hooked me!

jorbjorb likes this.
  17. jorbjorb

7 rings

I will do that. Thanks for the recommendation!

18. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Decided to check this out. It's got all the melodramatic "hot adults playing teens" nonsense that I expected but was still pretty entertaining.

Screw that whole Archie and teacher scenario, though, dang. I really don't want to have to sit through hours of television about a romanticized forbidden love between student and teacher. Since I have time lately, I'll give it a couple more episodes, but that's gonna wear on me real fast.

Also, not enough Jughead. He and Veronica were the best.

19. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I was sold after the season 5 Betty Draper line.

Garrett L. likes this.
  20. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I enjoyed this episode more than the pilot.

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I'm glad we got more Jughead , emo looking burger eating Jughead, died when Reggie called him Suicide Squad and Donnie Darko

22. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

" it's called necrophilia can you spell it?" DEAD

23. Kingjohn_654

I still wish this was a live action Archie's Weird Mysteries.

TedSchmosby likes this.
  24. Colby Searcy

Yeah I'm fully on board with this show, absolutely love it!

Anybody have any theories on who killed Jason?

25. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I would like this show a lot more if it wasn't full of all the tropes of ~sexy teen shows~ but it's the CW so what can you expect
    Things I like so far: Betty and Veronica's relationship, Jughead, side characters like Moose and Reggie (hoping to see Midge soon), and the mystery seems like it'll be good too
    I almost gagged at the "it's real" talk between Archie and Grundy. Hoping that storyline doesn't last toooooo long.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.