Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riverdale (CW) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by joe727, Aug 29, 2016.

1. joe727 Aug 29, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 9, 2016)
    joe727

A DILAPIDATED BOAT! Prestigious

Upcoming teen drama/mystery series based on the characters from Archie Comics premiering on CW sometime in early 2017.

It is written by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, who wrote for Glee, Supergirl, and Big Love, was one of the screenwriters of the 2013 Carrie remake, and is currently the Chief Creative Officer of Archie Comics.
    Executive produced by Greg Berlanti who is behind Dawson's Creek, Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, and Legends of Tomorrow.

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Huge pass on this one for me.

3. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Twin Peaks + Archie please

4. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

What the fuck? I remember this being announced and thinking the tone of Archie Comics could make a fun partner to Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. When I started the trailer I thought I had the wrong link, have I not read any actual Archie comics or was that radically different?

Henry likes this.
  5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Archie has been super weird for the last ten years or so. The OG series is the same, but they've done zombies, Predator, murder plots. All kinds of crazy stuff.

6. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I'm incredibly intrigued by the premise of this, can't wait for an official trailer and whatnot to be released

7. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

So is this not going to be close to Mark Waid's new version of Archie? Cuz that book is great

Colby Searcy likes this.
  8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

definitely looks like a CW show

9. Colby Searcy

In my opinion CW shows have been damn good so I assume you me it's gonna be great?

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

hopefully, Crazy-Ex Girlfriend and IZombie are the only ones I watch now but they're both great

11. Colby Searcy

Not into any DC shows? I don't watch any regularly but I e recently caught up on all the DC shows and own iZombie S1 just haven't watched yet.

I wasn't so sure about Crazy Ex, what makes it so great?

12. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

If Berlanti is involved then I hope it turns out like Everwood. That show was amazing.

13. jjnunn118

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is one of the funniest shows currently on Television. Even if you don't like musicals I'd still give it a shot!

14. Colby Searcy

Didn't realize it was a musical! Now I'm intrigued. May start it after I finish Arrow S4 tomorrow

15. jjnunn118

Yeah every episode has 2-3 musical numbers, funniest shit!

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Colby Searcy likes this.
  17. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Anyone have any dream casts for the Archie universe? I'm thinking a young John Cusack as Jughead would be rad

mad likes this.
  18. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I love pretty much every show on the CW but Supernatural, so I have plenty of faith I'm going to love this no matter how unfaithful an adaption it is.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Colby Searcy likes this.
  20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

21. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Awesome ^

22. Colby Searcy

[​IMG]

23. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Reviews are coming in and are overwhelmingly positive. Might have to give it a shot, afterall!

25. Colby Searcy

Super glad to hear. I was worried though I was gonna watch regardless