Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

River Oaks / JT Woodruff / Heavy Things Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Feb 28, 2017.

1. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

10 in Anaheim

GEM37 likes this.
  2. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Was at the show in L.A. tonight. Gentrified as fuck neighborhood, but I have to admit it was an nice bar!

Fun set, did covers of "Linoleum" and "Helena", overall a good time...

...except for the five drunk dudes who kept screaming at Shane in between every song. Kept screaming and buying beers despite being repeatedly told by patrons to 'shut the fuck up.' I left about four songs before the end, when they started complaining that 'these posers are getting triggered!'

Shane did fuck all to address it. Disappointed.

3. johnnyferris

Forgot he tacked on the chorus of Helena to the end of one his songs. Do you remember which one it was? @GEM37

There was three really drunk dudes at the Anaheim show. One guy kept yelling phrases that always ended in bro. Like "saved my life bro" and "call it karma bro." I think two of them were kicked out for trying to get backstage during Shane's set lol

4. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

"But they're my synners brah"!

5. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Lol, I'll be honest I kinda spaced out at that part! I know the song followed "Sleep Around," so based on previous Setlist info my guess is either "Eighteen" or "Words Apart."

Guess I shouldn't be too surprised at drunk bros in the audience given the demographics, but it's still disappointing to see at an acoustic show (on a Monday, no less.) I'm all for a good time but in my experience getting that drunk at a show never leads to anything good. Sorta surprised a fight didn't break out, I think I've seen at least one drunk fight break out every time I've been to the Observatory.

One dude in the group kept screaming for "Bodies and Words."

6. johnnyferris

I think Worlds Apart was the one now that you mention it. There's quite a handful of Silverstein songs recorded acoustically, but what do you think the chances of Shane recording more solo in the future?

There's always people doing stupid shit at the Observatory. I went to a TSSF there a few years back and by the middle of the set security had given up and a trash can was thrown from the bar into the pit lol

7. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Lol, I think that just comes with TSSF territory!

But I have no doubt that there'll be more River Oaks in the future. He said as much at the show last night, and I don't think there's any reason to doubt him. One thing you can't fault the guy on is his work ethic.

Actually, now that I remember it, he said that the new Silverstein record is officially done and they'll be making an announcement this Thursday.

8. johnnyferris

That's great news. I saw the guys all teasing that one photo for Thursday. I figured it would just be a single for Warped Tour, but I will gladly welcome another Silverstein album into my life