Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

River Oaks / JT Woodruff / Heavy Things Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Feb 28, 2017.

1. kidinthebushes

Trusted

[​IMG]

5/10 - Chicago, IL @ Beat Kitchen
    5/12 - Las Vegas, NV @ Beauty Bar
    5/13 - Anaheim, CA @ House of Blues (Parish Room)
    5/14 - San Diego, CA @ House of Blues (Voodoo Room)
    5/15 - Los Angeles, CA @ Resident

2. kidinthebushes Feb 28, 2017
    (Last edited: Feb 28, 2017)
    kidinthebushes

Trusted

GOLD VIP
    $42.00
    *NO SERVICE FEES!!!!*
    GOLD VIP includes:
    - 1 General Admission ticket
    - Meet and Greet with Shane including signing and photo opportunity before the show
    - Q+A session with Shane
    - VIP laminate and lanyard
    - Limited edition silkscreened tour poster
    - River Oaks beverage Koozie
    - River Oaks Stickers
    - River Oaks Sunglasses

DIAMOND VIP

$125.00
    *NO SERVICE FEES!!!!*
    LIMITED TO ONLY 2 PER SHOW
    DIAMOND VIP includes:
    - 1 General Admission ticket
    - Meet and Greet with Shane including signing and photo opportunity before the show
    - Q+A session with Shane
    - Private hangout with Shane, where he will take you out for a drink or coffee or a bite to eat before the show. At least 30 minutes.
    - VIP viewing area for River Oaks set
    - Beverage during the set
    - VIP laminate and lanyard
    - Limited edition silkscreened tour poster
    - River Oaks beverage Koozie
    - River Oaks Stickers
    - River Oaks Sunglasses
    - Signed limited edition River Oaks 7"
    - River Oaks Beanie

3. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Got my ticket for the Chicago show! I'll have to check out Shane and J.T.'s solo stuff.

4. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

It's a shane this is so far away from me. I'd live to be told some great silverstein stories.

kidinthebushes likes this.
  5. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Diamond VIP package for $125...wow.

suicidesaints likes this.
  6. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Yes! Will definitely be at the Anaheim show. New small room at the new HOB.

7. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

It's a little steep but a meal and convo with Shane does sound pretty cool on top of everything else you get. I'd take it a step further and get him on my podcast and find out once and for all how much we've influenced LSS haha

suicidesaints likes this.
  8. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

$125 isn't that bad considering the time you get with him. The Gold VIP package is pretty legit for the price too.

9. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

I dunno, seems steep considering this is a DIY acoustic tour for a project with like 5 songs. Almost seems like the project is just an avenue to facilitate meet and greets. I've met him a few times and he's a good guy, just rubs me the wrong way for whatever reason.

10. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

It's not really a DIY tour when he's flying out west for most of the dates. Also I'm assuming he will play plenty of Silverstein material and some covers. I'd say it's a fair price considering everything you get. You're basically paying 100 bucks to do a meet and greet, q & a, 30 minute private hangout session and a bunch of goodies. The hangout session is almost worth that price alone for any longtime Silverstein fan.

11. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

That's kind of my point. It's for Silverstein fans and really has very little to do with his new music. As far as I know his band never did this so it just seems off to me that he's using his new side project with next to no material to facilitate a solo tour where he can charge $125 to meet up with Silverstein fans. There's no right answer here, it's an opinion.

12. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

He isn't charging $125 for fans to meet up with him. I'd say the value of the ticket/goodies is about $65-75 so fans are actually only paying $50-$60 to spend a half hour with him, attend a Q & A and get pictures with Shane. That isn't a bad deal at all and a lot artists charge far more for VIP packages that provide far less to their fans. I doubt this tour will sell well so it's a clever way for him to cover costs and provide a great experience to fans. We will have to agree to disagree haha

13. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I dunno... I can see it both ways. Just seems like you're getting enough stuff to justify the price, plus he's only offering 2 of those packages per show, so it's not like he's just trying to milk a ton of money from everyone and not provide a worthwhile experience.

Seems like a pretty cool thing for a die hard fan. But at the same time, I can agree that it's less about this new project and more about a glorified m&g

14. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Anyone else going to any of these shows? I'm going tonight. Shane said he will be taking requests.

15. johnnyferris

I should be going Saturday in Anaheim

16. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

Really excited to see a setlist for this.

17. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Wish this came to the east side. Oh well. HH and Silverstein are two of my must-sees on warped this year.

18. Good Mourning

Went to this last night. Beat Kitchen is tiny and was only about half full but it was still a pretty great show. Going off the top of my head, here's what Shane played. Not in order.

Massachusetts
    Toronto
    Eighteen
    California
    I Let You Down
    Roman Candles
    Mistakes
    Giving Up
    Red Light Pledge
    My Heroine
    Call It Karma
    Replace You
    Three Miles Down (Saves The Day Cover)
    Sleep Around
    Can't Help falling In Love WIth You (Elvis Cover)

Probably missing 2-3 more.

19. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

Really good to see Eighteen in there.

20. GEM37

She haunts the roads

21. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I really wanted to go to that River Oaks show in Pontiac, but a show the day after Christmas sounded like the worst thing ever.

22. johnnyferris

Going tonight

23. johnnyferris

Shane was pretty incredible tonight. He really owned it up there and I hope solo shows will be a more common thing for him in the future

He swapped 18 for Linoleum tonight and also played Last Days of Summer off request.

24. fairlyuncool

I ended up going to the Anaheim show last night so I have an extra ticket for San Diego for tonight. These shows are really great, so if anyone wants it, PM me and I'll ticketmaster transfer it to you.

25. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Hey, to y'all who've been to the previous shows, do you know roughly what time Shane has taken the stage?