Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Rise Against Band • Page 29

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Jul 16, 2016.

1. tomtom94

Trusted

Nowhere Generation reminds me a lot of Tragedy + Time, which IMO is a great song. I wish T+T had done the "radio hit" numbers they wanted because it was a great track.

Definitely something different in a good way. Don't think the lyrics are Tim's best but the chorus is super catchy, I think this will do well.

2. pbueddi

Trusted

I liked it. Eager to hear some more songs, but this one works for me.

beachdude and JamesMichael like this.
  3. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Yeah I really dig it. Tim sounds good but I can’t help but notice the little effects on his voice at times throughout the song. The sound as a whole is a huge contrast from Wolves. It actually took my off guard a bit as I just listened to it recently.

Album cover is a bit generic. I don’t hate it though.

Bring on more songs!

JBoch and beachdude like this.
  4. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Yeah, definitely different from the last album, I’m into it!

5. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  6. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Speaking of lyrics. I Listened to Endgame again yesterday and it hit me pretty hard. I’m liking it more and more over the years. It’s probably their best aging album.

Disparity By Design is one of my favorite RA songs. The lyrics are fucking great.

Survivor Guilt still hits hard too.

sonder and danielm123 like this.
  7. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

Endgame and Appeal to Reason got hate when they were released because they were "too mainstream" but those criticisms seem silly in hindsight. They're both excellent.

pbueddi likes this.
  8. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

T+T was the first song that I thought of too. They do their poppier sound so well... Paper Wings, The Dirt Whispered, This Is Letting Go, T+T, and Mourning in America all come to mind.

tomtom94 likes this.
  9. Cmoney86

Trusted

This is letting go is so good! Wish it was a single or that they would play it live at some point

JamesMichael and JBoch like this.
  10. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

They've never played it live according to Setlist.fm

11. Cmoney86

Trusted

Yeah I know and it’s sucks. Some of their most underrated songs never get played live! Only way I think it ever gets played live is on a ghost notes 2 tour and is a song on the album

12. tomtom94

Trusted

As a fan of poppy Rise Against I agree, This Is Letting Go was excellent. IIRC they referred to it as "Pop BS 2" in production though so the band may not agree lol

JBoch likes this.
  13. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Eh on the single.

14. Cmoney86

Trusted

I posted this in the album thread but will posit it here as well for the people who want to know and don’t check out the album thread

They are planning a tour and planning local things in Chicago but don’t know when any of it will be announced. Tho they did have their first positive conversation with their booking agent in months. Tim did say when the lights go back on they will be back on stage for the fans ASAP.

sonder likes this.
  15. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

It’s gotta be a tough decision for bands to release album with no tour option but it’s appreciated.

16. SeeTheLights May 5, 2021
    (Last edited: May 6, 2021)
    SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

Haven’t listened to much newer RA but I listen to Faction Punk Sirius XM station in the car and heard Tragedy + Time for the first time. That intro is a rip off of Against Me! I was a teenage anarchist right? Haha

17. Cmoney86

Trusted

Suffer and the witness turns 15 today

18. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

That’s crazy

JamesMichael likes this.
  19. JamesMichael

I still remember getting that album and being blown away.

I think we can all agree that Drones is a top tier RA song?

danielm123 likes this.
  20. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

How has Joe never had a signature bass released? Shit…Pete Wentz, Matt Freeman, and Chris Aiken have had signature squiers, but not Joe?

21. JamesMichael

Joe is such an underrated bass player in the scene.

Crisp X likes this.
  22. AlwaysEvolving21 Aug 5, 2021
    (Last edited: Aug 5, 2021)
    AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Incredibly underrated. It’s pretty mind blowing considering how popular RA is. He wasn’t even featured in the band’s Rig Rundown episode.

23. JamesMichael

So wild! Honestly this might sound cliché but I remember hearing Joes intro baseline on Like The Angel in school 15 years ago and being blown away haha.

Crisp X likes this.
  24. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

band sounded so tight last night.

25. Cmoney86

Trusted

891537B4-AF79-40FD-AB90-581233457341.png

beachdude and pbueddi like this.