Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Rise Against Band • Page 22

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Jul 16, 2016.

1. BlackwingE

Trusted

I agree on both. Appeal to Reason has always been my favorite album of theirs.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  2. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

IMO Appeal to Reason also has their best b-sides. I added em into the track listing to make it a double LP, and it’s quickly marching up my rankings. SSotCC is still top dog for me, though.

3. Appeal To Reason has so many bsides it's almost like listening to another album, one that is in their top tier.

4. pbueddi

Trusted

Appeal to Reason will always be special to me because it was the first new album from the band after I discovered them (I had seen the music video for The Good Left Undone on TV and was instantly hooked).

5. tomtom94

Trusted

My big issue with Appeal is the flow is a bit messed up but there's no denying a lot of my favourites are on there. And they put out some of their best work as B-sides to the extent I would genuinely cite those sessions as a purple patch for the band.

Still hoping to see Collapse and Entertainment live one day.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  6. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

I feel like Appeal to Reason was their last album where they really went for it. Sometimes it worked (Savior is their best song), sometimes not so much. I still prefer the three albums that preceded it, but I appreciate ATR for what it is. Every album they have released since has felt safe and formulaic in comparison.

Shrek and Petit nain des Îles like this.
  7. tomtom94

Trusted

8. Cmoney86

Trusted

Would love a 15 year tour with a full album play!!!!

9. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

I was so heavily into Rise Against until after Appeal to Reason. Every album after that sounded like a safer watered-down version of what I found so compelling in Sufferer and Siren. Even Appeal has lots of variety in the songs. Wish I could love a new Rise Against album as much as I did Sufferer.

10. Cmoney86

Trusted

It’s about time we hear something new from them after listening to anti flags new album I need new ra ASAP

beachdude likes this.
  11. tomtom94

Trusted

They've got no dates listed on their website until June so I'm guessing probably will be a new album in the summer (a couple of months to have a break followed by a couple of months to write and record)

JamesMichael likes this.
  12. Cmoney86

Trusted

Lol they should be in the studio now they’ve been off from touring for months they could have even been in the studio late last year. I know they are recording in the blasting room in Colorado with bill Stevenson it’s just a matter of when and when their schedules line up. And their 2 dates are fest dates so I’m sure music will be out before those dates

JamesMichael likes this.
  13. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Hopeful for an album like Wolves with better production and mixing. Both really killed it for me last cycle.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  14. Noradrenaline

Regular

Any idea as to what the ”6.18” posts (and a few ”2.18”) on their instagram are refering to? They’ve been posting them for months now.

15. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Definitely in need of a new Rise Against album or new song.

I hope they're trying to be cryptic in those ".18" posts. This band probably has a lot to say since Wolves.

16. Cmoney86

Trusted

Those numbers where dates of shows nothing more nothing less

17. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

boo

18. Cmoney86

Trusted

They should have a new album out this year unless their plans changed. I talked to zack last year and that’s what he said. Tim said in an interview at riot fest that when they did go into the studio to record the new record it would be done in Colorado in the blasting room with bill Stevenson

19. JamesMichael

I’m ready. Hopefully a return to form. Wolves could have been so much better if the production was different.

20. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Took a deep dive into their discography over the weekend. Tim is still such an amazing lyricist.

I also decided to pick my favorite most underrated songs from each album. They have SO many good songs that they have A LOT that go underappreciated.

Unraveling - Six Ways Till Sunday

Revolutions Per Minute - Broken English

Siren Song of the Counter Culture -To Them These Strings Belong (So happy I got to see this live in 2004!)

The Sufferer and The Witness - Worth Dying For

Appeal To Reason - Kotov Syndrome

Endgame - Disparity By Design (This is their best try at writing a Bad Religion song and I just love it)

Black Market - Awake Too Long

Wolves - Miracle

21. Crisp X Mar 24, 2020
    (Last edited: Mar 24, 2020)
    You listed some of my favorite Rise Against songs (Kotov Syndrome, Miracle, To Them These Streets Belong)!

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  22. JamesMichael

To Them These Streets Belong is classic RA

23. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

It truly is. I wish they’d play it live again. It’s a super hard song to sing though and not a lot of people know it these days. They opened their show with it when I saw them years ago. Anywhere But Here is my favorite off Siren Song, but To Them These Streets Belong was always my second. I think Rumors is another underappreciated song form the album.

24. JamesMichael

I wish they would as well. And other classics off that record. I remember them playing Streets when I saw them well over a decade ago and the crowd went wild.

Love Rumours!

When I diiiiiie, will they remember not
    What I diiiiiid, but what I haven't done?
    It's not the ennnnnnd that I fear with each breath
    It's life that scares me to death ♫

Heck I love the whole album haha. Will always be one of my favourite records and hold a special place with me.

25. Cmoney86

Trusted

Sirens is some of their best shit. The record as a whole is severely underrated