Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Rise Against Band • Page 20

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Davjs

Trusted

I'd say that probably is a top 3 for me....along with Thrice: Artist-Vheissu-Alchemy Index and Story of the Year: Wake of Determination-Black Swan-Constant.

Steeeve Perry and beachdude like this.
  2. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

Love Story of the Year but The Constant isn't on the same level as the previous two for mine. Black Swan is their masterpiece in my eyes.
    For Rise Against I'd still have Siren Song at the top.

Davjs likes this.
  3. Davjs

Trusted

I can't argue that!

4. DesolateEarth

Birb

Incubus' Make Yourself - Morning View- A Crow Left Of The Murder though.

And Third Eye Blind's Self-Titled - Blue - Out Of The Vein though.

Davjs and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  5. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

As i have blue on right now

DesolateEarth likes this.
  6. Davjs

Trusted

I'm with you on Incubus if you move in SCIENCE instead of Crow. Every Incubus session I do has to include Redefine, New Skin, Certain Shad of Green and Favorite Things!

7. Davjs

Trusted

Oh, and it goes without saying but Metallica.

Kill em' All - Ride the Lightning - Master of Puppets.

8. Found this on their subreddit which is rather interesting

[​IMG]

Siren Song this low surprised me!

9. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Wow I can’t believe Tim ranks Siren Song so low as well. It’s definitely my favourite from them with Sufferer close behind.

DesolateEarth likes this.
  10. Crisp X Sep 3, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 3, 2019)
    Samesies. I always appreciated how dirty the guitars sound on that one. Production wise it stands out among the other records.

Unrelated, but once in a while, I look up the setlist for the Appeal To Reason era show I could've gone to but missed... and I weep

Drones
    Give It All
    State of the Union
    Ready to Fall
    Injection
    Re-Education (Through Labor)
    Chamber the Cartridge
    Stained Glass and Marble
    Behind Closed Doors
    Life Less Frightening
    Like the Angel
    Collapse (Post-Amerika)
    Heaven Knows
    Long Forgotten Sons
    The Good Left Undone

Encore 1:
    Hero of War
    Swing Life Away

Encore 2:
    Survive
    Audience of One
    Prayer of the Refugee

Orla and DesolateEarth like this.
  11. DesolateEarth

Birb

Amazing setlist.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  12. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Siren Song being at the bottom of his list does a lot to explain why so much of their music after that album decined in quality

Steeeve Perry likes this.
  13. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

This was pretty much the setlist when I saw them during the Appeal to Reason era. Definitely one of the best gigs I've been to! It sucks Tim sounds so flat these days live as I'd love to see them again with them still being one of my favourite bands.

Okay I'll do it:

Siren Song of the Counter Culture
    The Sufferer & the Witness
    Revolutions per Minute

Appeal to Reason
    The Black Market
    Wolves (The production kills it for me on this album for some reason?)
    Endgame

The Unraveling

I still think Revolutions - Sufferer is one of the strongest runs of solid albums to come out of this scene.

14. I'm nearing the end of another discography run and I think I finally like Endgame after trashing it for so long. On the other hand, I used to defend The Black Market a lot but the attempts at branching out aside, it's just a dull and very "been there done that" record with only a few great songs. I'm nervous for Wolves as I loved it right away but haven't really revisited it since it came out. Completely forgot about the acoustic album so it'll be like a completely new album to me!

15. tomtom94

Trusted

I would definitely swap Wolves and Black Market. I'm surprised Wolves is so low but honestly with a band this consistently good there's always going to be one that sticks out. I can totally sympathise with his feeling about Siren Song even if the end result is probably better than Unraveling.

For whatever else you can say about Endgame it's definitely the album where they wielded their platform the best.

16. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Welllll Tim ranking their best album as their worst kinda explains why they haven’t done anything really great in a while.

17. danielm123

Trusted

I don't love Siren Song as much as many people seem to, but that is certainly a strange ranking. I would argue the Endgame is their most bland album (still enjoy it though) and would've thought that Wolves would be higher as well.

18. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

I'm surprised to see RPM so high on his list while Siren Song and The Unraveling are at the bottom.

Rise Against is an odd band for me in that I can't really listen to them anymore, even the first couple of albums. It's sort of like I outgrew their sound, but I also still can listen to lots of other stuff from that same era.

19. Siren Song and Sufferer are good. Not into anything else.

20. irthesteve

OK I'll do it

Siren
    Sufferer
    RPM

Appeal
    Wolves
    Endgame
    Black Market
    Unraveling

21. danielm123

Trusted

Just off the top of my head:

Sufferer
    Wolves
    Appeal
    Black Market
    RPM
    Siren
    Endgame
    Unraveling

22. pbueddi

Trusted

First got into them when I saw the video for "The Good Left Undone" on some music channel. So I really only followed them from Sufferer and beyond. Appeal To Reason was the first album of theirs that I got to experience as a "new" album, so I have a soft spot for it.

23. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

100%

irthesteve likes this.
  24. irthesteve

25. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

Siren Song
    Sufferer
    RPM
    --