Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Rise Against Band • Page 18

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Jul 16, 2016.

1. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

No Siren Song songs is kinda BS. Too many new songs. Could do without Wait For Me, Violence, Savior, and prob HOF.

This is volume one right?

2. Cmoney86

Trusted

yes volume one so my guess is they plan on releasing more later this year or sometime next year or at somepoint

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  3. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

So we all agree Siren Song is their best album, and one of the best albums of the century?

4. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

No

5. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Voices off camera is one of my favourite RA songs! Stoked.

6. tomtom94

Trusted

I could do without Wait For Me but honestly that's a really good tracklist and leaves a lot of potential for a volume 2 to boot.

7. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

it could be The Violence nine times and Voices off Camera being track ten would make this worth it. when i said i wanted that one, i never expected it in a million years, but honestly almost got chills seeing it listed. one of the first songs i ever discovered/fell in love with on my own. rip the days of stitching an album together on Limewire.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  8. Cmoney86

Trusted

The Best Buy only tracks from wolves will be out on all digital media Friday June 29th

9. JamesMichael

Finally! Love both of those tracks.

10. tomtom94

Trusted

They're also being released on a rather gorgeous-looking vinyl. Possibly why Megaphone got played at a few shows recently..!

11. Davjs

Trusted

They have a minute long preview of the music video for Megaphone on their Facebook. Looks pretty cool. Glad to see a Bside from Wolves getting this much attention since both are two of the best on the album.

12. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, those two bonus songs should have been on the album. They would've given it more diversity, which it lacks in my opinion. Still a decent album though.

JamesMichael likes this.
  13. tomtom94

Trusted

According to Tim the only reason they're not on the album is he didn't finish the lyrics in time.

JamesMichael likes this.
  14. JamesMichael

Both are fast aggressive punk rock which I love! If they did an album like those two songs I’d be on board.

Davjs likes this.
  15. Davjs

Trusted

I didn't get it then and I still don't get it lol

16. tomtom94

Trusted

I think it is more a marketing thing than a practical one. I would have thought you have to lock in the album tracklist at a certain point before release so that the label and marketing team can write the booklets, lyric sheets, back cover etc. and send out press releases. So the band say "we definitely have these X songs in the can, and we might have these extra songs for bonus material or B-sides or a deluxe edition or whatever", and the label go "great, can we have lyric sheets please". If the lyrics aren't finished, then you can't really guarantee a tired Tim will finish them in time, I guess.

Tim decided, or got told, after that point to finish writing the lyrics to and recording Broadcast and Megaphone. Fall Out Boy decided that they'd delay their album so they could put some new songs on the album, Rise didn't. Maybe they don't have the clout with their label, maybe they just preferred the album as is. (I personally think Wolves works really well as is)

And, of course, it might be a white lie and the real reason will be forever unknown.

Not entirely related, but I remember distinctly that Black Market was initially advertised with a clip from Escape Artists, the bonus track.

Steeeve Perry likes this.
  17. AlwaysEvolving21 Jul 26, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 26, 2018)
    AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Underwhelmed with the Ghost Symphonies album after first listen.

Negatives:

-Was really wanting to hear actual acoustic versions of Faint Resemblance and Voices Off Camera instead of piano and ukulele versions. I wanna hear fat chunky acoustic chords on those songs! Like This!:

-Tim's voice is so different now and it saddens me. He just sounds worn out.

-Hardcore lack of vocal harmonies in many parts of these songs.

-I still don't care for The Violence haha. I still think it's the worst song on the new album

-Not thrilled about the track listing. Hopefully theres a volume 2 with other/older songs like Paper Wings, Anywhere But Here, Good Left Undone, Six Ways Til Sunday, Black Masks & Gasoline, or Heaven Knows.

-The guitar is literally out of tune in Audience of One lol. Thought something sounded off. Still a cool version though.

Positives:

-Cool to finally have more "acoustic" versions of Rise Against.

-Miracle, Far From Perfect, Like The Angel, and Audience Of One are what I absolutely love about acoustic Rise Against music. These songs turned out great (Except the out of tune guitar in AOO).

-I dig the violin in some songs.

JBoch likes this.
  18. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Compared to what Face to Face released, I definitely agree with ^ — especially on the lack of vocal harmonies! If you’re already in the studio, may as well record some!

And yeah, Tim sounds banged up, and why no Siren Song tracks???

19. pbueddi

Trusted

what did you think of savior? as one of my favorite rise against songs, i was happy to see it included.

20. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I’ve never really been a big fan of the song myself, but the acoustic version is nice. I think you’ll really like it if you like the actual version.

21. danielm123

Trusted

Really enjoying this so far. My only complaint is that, as has already been said, some more vocal harmonies would have been nice.

22. Davjs

Trusted

Haven't listened yet and will do so for sure, but I agree that the track listening didn't get me as excited as it should have. Those songs you listed would have been awesome!

23. JamesMichael

I completely agree on the Voices Off Camera comment not being full acoustic. I do admire they have tried something different on almost all of the songs.

24. Davjs

Trusted

Listened and it's better than I expected. I was never a fan really of House on Fire, but the bridge on this version is pretty great. Miracle and Savior are stand outs on here for sure.

25. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

There were a lot of songs Tim McIlrath has played live over the years so I made a little album from them. All live stuff, but some were professionally recorded. It has a few covers, a few songs that never made it on a Rise Against album, a couple live acoustic versions of acoustic RA songs I really liked. Some songs were quiet so I edited the sound level some and it helped
    Enjoy!

Tracklist:
    1. I Don't Want To Be Here Anymore
    2. Kiss The Bottle
    3. Civil War
    4. Hero Of War
    5.Its Late
    6. Tennis Court
    7. People Live Here
    8. Restless World
    9. Anywhere But Here
    10. What Are We Gonna Do?

Dropbox - Tim McIlrath - Acoustic - Simplify your life

Petit nain des Îles and Davjs like this.