Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Rise Against - Wolves (June 9th, 2017) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SmithBerryCrunch, Apr 18, 2017.

1. tomtom94 Jun 8, 2017
    (Last edited: Jun 8, 2017)
    tomtom94

Trusted

Does it maintain the arena-rock influences of Black Market (e.g. the backing vox on T+T and A Beautiful Indifference)?

EDIT: For anyone who hasn't pre-ordered yet - someone helpfully uploaded the studio audio of Wolves to Youtube.

2. Cmoney86

Trusted

anyone from chicago planning on going to reckless records to buy the album in an hour and a half to meet the band tonight there? cuz they are doing a signing tonight from 6-8 to anyone that goes and buys the album today as a preoder. the only way you are allowed access to meet the band is to "preorder the record but i think they are actually selling it today. and its while supplies last

3. JM95

Trusted

Have to echo the thoughts of them sounding more inspired on this record. I'm not really a Rise Against fan but this is an accomplished album.

Title track is a big favourite straight away.

4. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Surprised this hasn't leaked yet. Will be available tonight at 11 anyhow.

5. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

It has.

I'm listening.

It's great.

6. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

It has. People ripped their Best Buy pre-order that came early

7. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

It is way better than I thought it was going to be.

8. airik625

I guess that happened this morning then? Because I looked everywhere last night and couldn't find anything. Good to know though.

9. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I got mine last night around 7:30pm PST. Was totally surprised haha.

10. Cmoney86

Trusted

It leaked last night at 910 central time on kingdom leaks. I remember cuz I was at work when it got posted. But I have the physical regular copy. They are doing a signing in Chicago tonight and the only way to get access was to go buy the album at the record store they are doing the signing at

11. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I legit love the nu-metal riff that they choose to end this album with.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  12. Cmoney86

Trusted

The Best Buy bonus tracks should have been on the actual album they are so good

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  13. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

very very good album

14. atlas

Trusted

yeah this is def their best/most energetic album since SATW

15. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

I'm glad to see everyone's pretty positive on this so far. Excited to check it out in the morning.

16. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

The Violence is probably my least favorite on this record lol.

Petit nain des Îles and JM95 like this.
  17. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Wow, pleasantly surprised to see this kind of reception.

You guys are making me NEED those bonus tracks

18. nexuslab5

It's pretty awesome. The guys have actually started to experiment a bit with guitar tones and chords and the like (they started this a little in TBM, but they seem to have really expanded it here). Instrumentally, this album is awesome. It's like a good mix of new and old RA -- it has that poppy, melodic tone, but then all of a sudden Tim will scream and the song will shift into a Ska-influenced rhythm or a Nu-metal breakdown (as someone else already mentioned). Most of the songs still follow that typical RA song structure, though.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  19. airik625

Finally able to listen. I'm about halfway through and haven't come across a track I haven't liked yet. Solid so far.

truelovewaits and beachdude42 like this.
  20. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Yeah I'm also about halfway through and am liking all of it. Might end up their strongest album since Sufferer for me.

21. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

I adore Appeal to Reason so I'm glad to hear they've touched back on some of the pop sensibilities they showed on that record

22. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

There are only a couple tracks on this new album that remind me of the Appeal To Reason era. I would say the poppy moments are more compatible to Paper Wings, Tragedy + Time, and Dirt Whispered.

Overall I'd say this album has the experimentation of Black Market and the energy/urgency of Sufferer and the Witness.

23. Parts Per Million sounds straight out of TS&W, with rawer production. This one's going to be an early favorite for sure

24. Broadcast[Signal]Frequency rips so hard, like daaaaaamn, it is so Revolutions Per Minute

25. dotKev

@dotkevin

After just listening to Welcome to the Breakdown for the first time, I am extremely excited for tomorrow's release.