Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Rise Against - Wolves (June 9th, 2017) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SmithBerryCrunch, Apr 18, 2017.

1. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

They put on a great show last night in Brooklyn. They played Wolves and it was better than The Violence imo. The crowd was amped which was fun.

EDIT: Forgot about Welcome to the Breakdown, it's good too.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  2. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I mostly excited to hear Welcome to the Breakdown. Hope we get that song next. The chorus reminds me of Black Flag.

3. K0ta

Me too!! Have you preordered anything? Do you know if you get more than The Violence if you do?

4. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

If you pre-order from their website, you get The Violence and Wolves. Hopefully they keep releasing other new songs for those who pre-ordered the album.

K0ta likes this.
  5. K0ta

6. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Professionally filmed video of another new song "Welcome to the Breakdown"

EDIT: "The Violence" is also in this video.

7. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

"House On Fire" is out there....

.....and I am not digging it. 'Wolves' and 'Violence' are much better.

8. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Got tickets for a show this fall.
    Even if I don't like the new stuff, they put on one of the best shows I've ever seen...granted that was back around the release of Sufferer.

9. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

Official stream of House on Fire: Skatepunkers: Rise Against stream new song "House On Fire"

Nothing special to raise or lower my expectations for this album. Still looking forward to hearing the full thing but nothing I've heard so far leads me to believe it'll be anything other than run of the mill RA.

10. Cmoney86

Trusted

The Best Buy release of wolves is getting 2 bonus tracks

11. tomtom94

Trusted

I really like House on Fire, but then I've never had a problem with their poppy songs.

12. SteveLikesMusic

I love House On Fire! Really reminds me of the poppier stuff on Revolutions Per Minute.

13. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

I like House on Fire more than probably any song off of the last two records. It's nothing groundbreaking but it is may more in the direction of the catchiness that they had lost for me.

14. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

15. Cmoney86

Trusted

Welcome to the breakdown was officially released it's up on iTunes and Apple Music

16. House On Fire reminds me of The Gaslight Anthem, which is not a bad thing but it still lacks something. What drags it is the chorus because Tim's vocals don't elevate it, it'd be better if he was singing in his high register like in the early days eh

17. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

18. I was scrolling quickly and thought this said Rage Against... and got way excited.

19. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Welcome to breakdown is more like it.

20. SteveLikesMusic

Yessss, Breakdown is (fire emoji)

21. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Forgot this is next week! So excited. I think this'll be their comeback record.

22. They seem way more inspired creatively. I feel like this record is going back to the Revolutions Per MInute / Siren Song eras a little bit soundwise while keeping their more alt rock influences of the later part of their career.

23. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Yes, it seems more inspired than their last 2 maybe 3 records from what I've heard so far

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  24. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

First listen of the new album was way more entertaining than I thought it would be. They went more poppy with this release. So, if you like poppy RA songs like Dirt Whispered and Tragedy...You'll like this album.

The two bonus songs are straight up Unraveling and RPM Rise Against. They still have it in them.

kyle and KidLightning like this.
  25. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

"Megaphone" should have been the opening track for the album....not a bonus song.

KidLightning likes this.