Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Rise Against - Wolves (June 9th, 2017) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SmithBerryCrunch, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

It is their best lead single since Ready to Fall, but that's not saying much. This is about as generic of a Rise Against song as a person could ask for. Tim's voice on the chorus really shines, but the verses are super weak, and Zach's guitar is as recycled as ever.

My main issue with the last decade or so of Rise Against, is that it lacks any specificity. The message is still there, but it has become so vague, so much less pointed. It's a shame. I understand they have a massive fan base to appeal to, and that being overly specific would not lend itself to creating timeless tunes, but look at Siren Song: a pitch perfect record to me. A punk record that broke into the mainstream and still packed a punch. It's possible to have both. If a Trump administration can't get one more burst of that out of them, then I have no reason to believe anything will.

2. Shrek

I should add that I'm going to give this record a chance, as I will for anything they ever put out there.

3. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Just another boring single. Really sad. I need to revisit some past records.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  4. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Aside from their turn to a more alternative sound...I really wish they incorporated more transitions like they had in Sufferer songs like in The Approaching Curve, Good Left Undone, and Prayer. I remember them saying they were really influenced by Rush during that era.

5. atlas

Trusted

I think I've had about the best week a fan of this band could possibly have. Met Tim via complete chance encounter a few days ago. Then got tix for their free show and managed to sneak into the front row. It was legendary.

They played 2 other new songs, both were pretty standard double-time fast paced big anthemic chorus RA songs

6. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Pretty by-the-numbers single. Can't imagine they really strained themselves musically to write this. I still hope the full album with have some great stuff on it but I also feel like it could be 9 other tracks that sound like this and then one slower acoustic one.

7. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Awesome art. I'm sure this will have a few great songs, though The Black Market was meh

DesolateEarth likes this.
  8. DesolateEarth

Birb

I'm a fan of the artwork too, so I really want to like this one, but Appeal To Reason was the last album I can say I was really into by these guys. New single is pretty decent though I think.

9. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I gotta listen, didn't realize they'd released one when I commented

10. Cmoney86

Trusted

not my video but its the title track called wolves

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  11. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

The title track seems like a much better song then The Violence. Has a prettty standard RA bridge that drags the song on, but I like that the song is fast and that he screams at the end.

Nice find!

12. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Lead single is a snooze.

kyle likes this.
  13. "Mom I want to be in Rise Against when I grow up!!"

"Okay son we better start dressing you in all black head-to-toe then, you don't stand a chance otherwise"

14. tomtom94

Trusted

They played Welcome to the Breakdown as well according to setlist.fm so video of that may surface soon.

15. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I wanted to like that song more than I did.

16. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Apparently, this is a clip of Welcome to the Breakdown from the show. Taken from a snapchat post haha. Bad quality, but sounds like another fast/aggressive song and me like. Tim sounds pissed off.

electro haikus likes this.
  17. Shrek

Into it.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  18. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy.

IMG_7900.PNG

Contender likes this.
  19. tomtom94

Trusted

That is not what secret means but okay

EDIT: That's the same day as their Brooklyn show so I wonder if they're going to be premiering one song per show and we'll get another one on the 26th?

20. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

lead single sounds like the band on autopilot, definitely hope the album has a few more heavy hitters

21. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

If you go on their Facebook and watch their live performance from tonight's show...They play "Wolves" and "Welcome To The Breakdown" back to back starting at the 26:00 mark. Both songs are heavier, faster, and more in your face than Violence.

irthesteve likes this.
  22. Cmoney86

Trusted

the released wolves. its actually a lot better then the violence

23. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

Is it only available with a pre-order?

24. Cmoney86

Trusted

It's on a leak site

25. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

New song is much better than Violence. It's about 1 minute too long though. They love they those damn long, slow bridges.