Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Rise Against Teasing This Thursday

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

[​IMG]

I'm so pumped for new Rise Against been spinning them a lot recently. The Black Market was a solid album I thought but with all the issues going on in the world at the moment I'm hoping for a politically charged album.

CMilliken and therookielot like this.
  3. tomtom94

Trusted

I THOUGHT they'd been quiet.

4. Sean Kilkenny

Stoked on this! The picture reminds me of this though hahaha

[​IMG]

5. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Loved The Sufferer and The Witness back in the day but that's pretty much it..

6. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

They've always been pretty consistent after Sufferer, but not a whole lot has changed. Which is underwhelming to a degree. I'm not really a big fan of the guitarist tho, after he joined I feel like they got associated with a lot of buttrock bands if that makes sense haha

7. better be a return to form because they've been pretty boring for the last 9 years. strangely the bsides from the last three albums always end up being what I expect from them instead of the main albums

rxbandit89 and Gnarly Charlie like this.
  8. the old guitarist was such a beast, they regressed so much once he left

9. HueyLewis

Regular

I really hope this rips Trump and the Alt-Right. I need some current, angry political music in my life right now.

10. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Rise against is so fucking tame nowadays. I'll hope for some authentic politically charged punk but I don't see it happening

11. HueyLewis

Regular

I know they could still have it in them. I'd be fine if they had 2-3 Radio friendly songs for KROQ to over-play. I just want the deep cuts to be aggressive and more political.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  12. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

I feel like they called out Against ME! ("Architects" as a response to AM!'s "I was a Teenage Anarchist")and then kinda stayed on the sidelines while Against ME! harnessed their punk sound again.

13. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

Yessssssssss another album to pluck the only three good songs from to add to my Rise Against playlist.

14. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Maybe Obama is why they were tame? Haha. Trump coincides with a return to form for Rise Against? That'd be a very small silver lining haha

15. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Can't unsee

16. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Yeah. Would be awesome if Chris Chasse was back in the band. He's currently with Great Collapse if you want to hear him again. It's a supergroup. Him, lead singer of Strike Anywhere, Bassist of Set Your Goals, and I can't remember who the drummer is. Their album is pretty good.

17. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

Always keen for new rise against even though I seem to like every album less. Rule of diminishing returns I suppose, every album since Sufferer has felt uneven, overly polished and lacking in aggression. Always a couple of great songs though.
    Hoping Trump can bring the rage out in them.

18. tomtom94

Trusted

The album art (or what appears to be the album art at least) just has the four of them (Chris/Zach/Joe/Brandon) so unlikely.

I'm pretty sure I remember reading that one of the reasons Chris left is he wasn't comfortable with the level of fame (and associated lifestyle, touring, etc) Rise was reaching at the time, so I don't see him coming back any time soon unfortunately.

19. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

It's so weird, I was thinking this same thing the other day. I hope we get some from Rise Against.

20. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Last three have really done nothing for me. Would love to love a Rise Against album again, but low expectations

21. DannyZach

Trusted

Man that sounds really good,thanks for the tip

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  22. Schooner

Trusted

I really enjoyed the last album

I'm guessing this will just be the lead single and it'll be called Wolves. Rather than a whole album like other sites have been predicting. I hope the latter though

23. Schooner

Trusted

Cheers mate. I had no idea. Gave it a few samples plays on iTunes and like them

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  24. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

Haven't we all been waiting for new music from Rise Against since about 2006?

mmhmm and therookielot like this.
  25. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

New song snippet sounds expectedly disappointing. Sigh