Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Rise Against - Nowhere Generation (June 4, 2021) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, Mar 18, 2021.

1. MrSark

On doit jouer à domicile comme à la maison.

beachdude likes this.
  2. Cmoney86

Trusted

Studio quality leak is out there now also

pbueddi likes this.
  3. Cmoney86

Trusted

After hearing studio quality this thing fucking rips. The 2nd half of monarch sounds like stuff from sirens or rpm with the Guitars. Nowhere generation doesn’t fit the rest of the album whatsoever imo. Full album 9/10

4. Kylee

Regular

Going to have to agree! That scream in Sooner or Later fuckin got me! Yeesh. Album seems to have a lot more personality than the past couple releases.

beachdude likes this.
  5. Rawrz

Regular

Glad to see people seem to be liking this and it's not just more of the same.

6. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

My pre-order showed up and I got to listen once. Sooner or Later was the track that stood out as my favorite of the non-singles. Nothing groundbreaking, just classic Rise Against.

beachdude likes this.
  7. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Eager to hear but my leak game hasn't been as good since KL shut its doors last year.

beachdude and pbueddi like this.
  8. tomtom94

Trusted

A high quality leak is floating around now

9. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I feel like no one is really inventing the wheel music-wise, but it’s so rad to hear bands like RA, Bad Religion, Anti-Flag, and Fat Wreck Chords bands still pump out solid albums years later. They still have so much to say. It’s like theres a never ending source of motivation for punk bands. It brings me so much joy haha.

mike1885 and beachdude like this.
  10. pbueddi

Trusted

Of course after i go to work! I looked early this morning and there was still nothing.

11. pbueddi

Trusted

found any good alternatives?

12. Rawrz

Regular

2 playthroughs and I like this a lot. I've enjoyed all their albums but haven't found much staying power for the last few.

Steeeve Perry likes this.
  13. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I’ve found a few that are dedicated to different genres but nothing as cohesive as KL or my old scene favourite It Leaked unfortunately! I didn’t find the RA leak on my lunch today so I guess I’ll just wait till tomorrow now haha.

pbueddi likes this.
  14. Cmoney86

Trusted

Alterportal works the best and has zippylinks. It’s where I got my copy from

beachdude, JamesMichael and pbueddi like this.
  15. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I'm pleasantly surprised with this album, solid stuff on first listen, definitely has the quality of Wolves which is all I can ask for at this point. Nothing groundbreaking, but alltogether very enjoyable

Steeeve Perry likes this.
  16. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Really encouraged by the positive leak talk. This feels like the hype I read before NINE.

17. soggytime

Trusted

So KL was actually resurrected as a discord server by the same team. The server has tools to help with leaks - but typically it relies on stuff that was dropped on streaming services in Australia time the day before

amorningofsleep and pbueddi like this.
  18. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Damn, after listening the past few days....the album just gets better. Monarch is THE SHIT. Straight up RPM era.

19. Cmoney86

Trusted

Early favorites talking to ourselves, monarch, and state of play. But the entire thing slaps front to back. Sudden urge is straight rock that could be a song for other bands. Forfeit is no words. It hits me on a personal level so…. The screams on sooner or later are solid as fuck and well placed. Monarch is straight fire and a throw back to rpm/sirens era. sounds like and middle of a dream are solid. Nowhere generation was a horrible choice for a lead single and is nothing what the rest of the album sounds like. I hope this is a return to form for them

20. Cmoney86

Trusted

Also a couple of tracks left me wanting more with how they just ended and could have picked back up and went on for another minute or so

21. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

Sudden Urge gives me Endgame-era vibes. Massive sounding song.

beachdude likes this.
  22. Cmoney86

Trusted

man that riff on monarch half way through just brings me back to the rpm/sirens era and i cant get over how much i miss that sound and how awesome its still amazing all theses years later hearing it on a new song

23. tomtom94

Trusted

On first listen, this is the album they have been trying to make ever since Appeal to Reason. Finally they have managed to mix their punk roots with a big sound that suits the arenas they have been playing in.

Bill has stepped up in a big way.

Gonna need a few listens to see how it fits in next to Wolves which I think had a bit more urgency, but I really like the direction they've taken here and respect how it's different without being alienating, and expands their sound.

Also, Tim did a track-by-track guide for Kerrang which is a really interesting read. "The Numbers" was one of the last songs written for the record, for instance.

beachdude, JBoch and pbueddi like this.
  24. Cmoney86

Trusted

Nowhere Generation was the first song they did for the album but also started during wolves and could have been on wolves if tim finished it back then

tomtom94 likes this.
  25. pbueddi

Trusted

I actually don't mind the title track honestly. But yeah, overall this album is great. Easily way better than the last 2. Glad to have an album like this to kick of summer!