Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Rise Against - Nowhere Generation (June 4, 2021) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, Mar 18, 2021.

1. tomtom94

Trusted

Been listening to The Numbers pretty much on repeat. It is the biggest song the band have ever released. Not only in length, but in sound as well. Big drums, big guitar hook, anthemic chorus.

It reminds me of Eternity, In Your Arms era Creeper, or possibly 21st Century Breakdown Green Day. It is punk rock but it is punk rock that is designed to play out in an arena in front of thousands rather than in a local club.

I think this song finally hits what they've been trying to capture ever since they released Savior better than their other attempts to recreate that song's magic.

Crisp X and danielm123 like this.
  2. Cmoney86

Trusted

Vinyls are shipping so this could leak in the next couple of days if people know how to rip from vinyls

3. Cmoney86

Trusted

Drippy drip! Quality is shit and from a vinyl that was recorded using a mic

4. pbueddi

Trusted

early impressions?

5. Cmoney86

Trusted

Typical modern rise record. I need better quality tho. It’s got some catchy songs. Forfeit is their typical acoustic song. Sooner or later has the only real screams on it. A couple songs give sirens/early rise vibes with guitar tones and style

beachdude and pbueddi like this.
  6. pbueddi

Trusted

im excited to hear it!

Cmoney86 likes this.
  7. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

That's strange given they only brought them back last album in a big way again. I still wish Wolves had better production as It had some real gems on there.

Can't wait to give the new album a spin.

Cmoney86 likes this.
  8. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Looking forward to this one.

9. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

I thought this didn’t come out until July. That explains the shipping notification I got from somewhere in LA yesterday haha.

10. Cmoney86

Trusted

June 4th dude

11. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Got my vinyl. Unfortunately I can't rip anything but here's a quicky.

First time listening to a vinyl with my headphones. Solid first listen though and I can see myself returning to it. Its definitely another arena hard rock influenced Rise Against album (which is not a bad thing) with some hardcore punk elements shining through. It does include an acoustic track, which I didn't mind because it's different, and their more pop punk type song they usually do, which is one of my favorites. The overall production is fucking amazing on this thing too, so I really can't wait to hear a digital version.

There's definitely a little of everything from their catalog sprinkled throughout. Each member is on their A game, which rules.

Brandon: Solid drummer and he switches things up a bit compared previous releases. Numbers RULES. He's the glue of this band is very under-appreciated. I bet him and Bill hit it off.

Tim: Yeah, theres only one scream, but it doesn't matter because Tim sounds so fresh and rejuvenated. I don't want to say he "sounds like his old self" because he doesn't, but his vocal delivery and tonal qualities are in your face the entire time on this album. As a listener and a fan of Tim, his vocals really help push the songs forward. Quality lyrics as always. His vocals on this album really make me excited for future material because I think he can actually maintain this quality of performance.

Zach: The dude got weird with lead parts and it stands out compared to previous material. I love Wolves, but it was missing some standout lead riffs. There are a couple pretty heavy riffs/breakdowns on this album too. That HAS to be his influence.

Joe: To be completely honest, I think this might be his best overall performance playing bass in this band. Don't get me wrong. He's a FANTASTIC bass player with memorable parts, but very rarely do I get pulled in by bass lines the way I did listening to this album. I think his performance on this album is what gives the old school Rise Against vibes people are talking about. His attack, the tones, his bass lines, and how much the bass actually sticks out in the production is so nice to hear. I need a bass now.

Top 3 songs after first listen:

1.) The Numbers
    2.) Talking To Ourselves
    3.) Monarchs
    *Broken Dreams still rules too.

Like Jason has said, almost every song on this album is better than the lead single. Aside from the acoustic track, NG sticks out like a sore thumb.

beachdude, pbueddi and danielm123 like this.
  12. pbueddi

Trusted

from what ive heard so far, im actually really digging this album. But i need a full, high quality listen through to make a definitive judgment. Definitely better than wolves though (but politics of love is one of my favorites). Thanks for your insight!

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  13. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

pbueddi and beachdude like this.
  14. tomtom94

Trusted

I've seen a few people cite this as a standout from the record, excited

(am going to wait for a slightly better quality leak, if one were to come out)

AlwaysEvolving21 and beachdude like this.
  15. Cmoney86

Trusted

Talking to ourselves is amazing. Def one of the songs I keep going back to already. I seriously hope they play that and the numbers when they go back on tour.

I was playing nhl 21 yesterday and had this on and listened to it on repeat for like 2 hours straight with all the games I played. Def got better the more I listened but I still need a higher quality to get a full feel for the album

16. JamesMichael

Patiently waiting for that high quality release right now. Overall sounds very positive.

beachdude and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  17. Cmoney86

Trusted

Studio version of talking to ourselves…. Holy fucking shit!! So good

18. Cmoney86

Trusted

19. Cmoney86 May 31, 2021
    (Last edited: May 31, 2021)
    Cmoney86

Trusted

Official video! I think it’s live audio and they are actually playing

Facebook version of them playing live. The YouTube link is just for the song

https://fb.watch/5RsW5Do1KC/

20. pbueddi

Trusted

This is really shaping up to be my kind of Rise Against album. Loving it!

JBoch, beachdude and JamesMichael like this.
  21. JamesMichael

Talking To Ourselves rips! Best Tim has sounded in quite some time.

beachdude and pbueddi like this.
  22. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Solid performance and mix. This is going to an awesome summer album like Sufferer was/still is for me.

JBoch, beachdude and pbueddi like this.
  23. tomtom94

Trusted

This, like The Numbers and Nowhere Generation before it, manages to hit those familiar "Rise Against" beats whilst also clearly being distinct from what has come before. Which I really dig. I loved Wolves but it didn't reinvent the wheel. This feels like they've pushed themselves out of their comfort zones.

beachdude likes this.
  24. Cmoney86

Trusted

AlwaysEvolving21 and beachdude like this.
  25. Cmoney86

Trusted

My vinyl is coming tomorrow! Love getting stuff a day early or more