Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Rise Against - Nowhere Generation (June 4, 2021) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, Mar 18, 2021.

1. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Incredibly fucking true.

JamesMichael likes this.
  2. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Tim is da man. Incredible lyricist for me. So many songs from him have hit home with me which is partly what always keeps me coming back to RA.

dotKev likes this.
  3. tomtom94

Trusted

JamesMichael likes this.
  4. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Dude who produced that album was a professor of mine. Rad dude and tons of stories!

Unraveling absolutely rips. I would love to hear RA pump out an EP in the same vein as Unraveling. Very strong debut album.

irthesteve likes this.
  5. Cmoney86

Trusted

Tomorrow another new song

sonder, .K., pbueddi and 1 other person like this.
  6. Cmoney86

Trusted

Midnight est tonight

7. Cmoney86

Trusted

Song is on Apple Music and Spotify

8. Cmoney86

Trusted

This is so much better then nowhere generation imo. Best single of the 3

AlwaysEvolving21 and danielm123 like this.
  9. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

This new song is the shit. That outro!

danielm123 and Cmoney86 like this.
  10. Cmoney86

Trusted

im way more hype for the album now after this song!

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  11. tomtom94

Trusted

And it was glorious.

12. Cmoney86

Trusted

Every song on the album is at least 3 min 25 seconds.

13. tomtom94

Trusted

My only issue on a first listen is maybe the first pre-chorus bridge is a bit long. But honestly it's just a great song and it's great to hear unashamedly political Rise Against again.

14. MrSark

On doit jouer à domicile comme à la maison.

I really liked Broken Dreams Inc., but Nowhere Generation and The Numbers are really dissapointing. Think I might end up regretting this pre-order.
    Both lacking any sort of urgency and the lyrics just seem like vague strings of political buzzwords with no real message.

And kinda ironic of them to be singing about us worshiping "at altars so empty, consumption of something we don’t need at all" while having over 50 different T-Shirt designs available on the EU-Shop alone, not even starting with that other merch...

15. Cmoney86

Trusted

Lol are you serious???? No real message????? There’s messages behind both songs.

JamesMichael and JBoch like this.
  16. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

This song is solid. I haven’t been blown away by Rise Against in a long time, and imo it feels like they don’t really have any new tricks up their sleeve, but I respect their consistency.

17. choke

Skatecat

First verse got me hyped. Was saying to myself: "Don't slow down for the chorus, keep this up! Don't slow down!"

...then they slowed it down.

Crisp X likes this.
  18. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Definitely their most interesting (and different) song structurally. There’s definitely urgency in this song and the last 45 seconds when they switch to that punk 3/4 time beat is my favorite thing this band has done in a long time.

19. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Dope song!

20. danielm123

Trusted

Been a while since I've had a RA song on repeat immediately after release. And I have enjoyed all of their recent albums. Song is really cool and, for a 5 minute song, it honestly feels shorter than several of their 3 and a half minute tracks. Has me much more excited for the album than I was before!

beachdude likes this.
  21. pbueddi

Trusted

I definitely liked it.

22. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

The numbers is great.

23. They've experimented with song structures and time signatures over the years but honestly they haven't always nailed them. "Entertainment" is the best example of them doing it and this single is on the same level. Tim also sounds the best he ever had in a long time imo.

beachdude and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  24. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

The main thing I love about Sufferer are those jarring transitions in songs like Good Left Undone and Prayer. Stuff like that is them at their most creative, IMO. Entertainment is also such an underrated song.

and yeah, Tim’s vocals on all three new songs sound fantastic. Hopefully the time off he had helped the case. He sounds rejuvenated.

25. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Listening to the three new tracks back to back makes me appreciate Nowhere Generation even more and I liked it since day one.

But holy hell. The Numbers gets me HYPED

beachdude and pbueddi like this.