Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Rise Against - Nowhere Generation (June 4, 2021) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, Mar 18, 2021.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

same.

333 GANG likes this.
  2. tomtom94

Trusted

The song lengths are up on Apple Music. Interestingly, The Numbers, which is the opener, is set to be the longest song in their catalogue (4:59), not counting covers.

3. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Could have an intro of some kind (like quote or spoken word or be that long).

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I was actually just about to post the same thing, some sort of intro before the song kicks in is very possible

5. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I gotta say that going back and listening to a few of their older songs this band deserves a little more credit from me. I guess it’s just more of their recent stuff that I didn’t find as memorable.

I will probably give this album a stream when it comes out and see if anything clicks.

JBoch likes this.
  6. These guys have become so damn boring.

amorningofsleep likes this.
  7. Cmoney86

Trusted

8. Cmoney86

Trusted

“Musically, Nowhere Generation introduces more aggressive punk rock to Rise Against fans. For this album, Rise Against merge together their distinct guitar-heavy sounds with lyrics that reflect modern-day American life, creating a fusion of influences that can be greatly heard on songs such as “Nowhere Generation.””

JBoch likes this.
  9. pbueddi

Trusted

New song is slowly growing on me a bit more.

JamesMichael likes this.
  10. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

It’s so weird to think (for me at least) that they released Generation Lost almost 20 years ago. Which’s definitely an under appreciate single from their discography.

And now we have Nowhere Generation which again tackles the subject and is very much still a real problem today even after two decades.

beachdude, koryoreo and JBoch like this.
  11. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

It’s official. New song is good. I can run to it.

the verses still remind me of Against Me!

beachdude likes this.
  12. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Got my 7" in the mail today. Cool.

beachdude and JamesMichael like this.
  13. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I think the lyrics to Nowhere Generation are throwing me off a bit. Listened to the song a few times and that’s the one thing I’m stuck on. Who is the Nowhere Generation? People trying to rise up against oppression, the kids...who? Because they use ‘we’, so it’d include Tim and maybe the band. So people against the establishment?

14. Cmoney86

Trusted

It’s about gen z. Watch the video that was streaming before the song was released and watch the interview he did with 101 wkqx in Chicago. He talks about it in both videos

beachdude, .K., JBoch and 1 other person like this.
  15. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

It's about the middle class, and how the things society used to believe about it aren't necessarily true. Oppression of the working class by the 1%, and so on.

16. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Damn, put the production from these two new songs on their album Wolves and you've got an even more rad album. The production on Wolves really holds it back.

JamesMichael likes this.
  17. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

The four songs released since Wolves (Broadcast Signal Frequency, Megaphone, Broken Dreams Inc, Nowhere Generation) have me hyped to hear what this record will sound like. There are only maybe 4-5 songs total from their last two albums that are as good as those four are.

18. JamesMichael

Not sure if you know but Broadcast Signal Frequency and Megaphone are from the Wolves sessions. Apparently Tim didn't finish the lyrics in time so they didn't make the album which's criminal as they both are awesome.

19. Cmoney86

Trusted

Broadcast Signal Frequency and Megaphone where on the best buy physical copies of wolves

20. JamesMichael

Yep, I do wish they had been part of the actual album though.

21. tomtom94

Trusted

Once they got released on Spotify I put together a playlist putting them back in. Megaphone track 3 (after House on Fire), Broadcast track 8 (after Bullshit). Maybe we get a "deluxe edition" like Black Market one day.

JamesMichael likes this.
  22. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

For some reason I remembered those as being a separate EP. Especially because the production is a step up from Wolves. Regardless, both still rip and so does Broken Dreams, so that has me excited for what's to come.

beachdude and JamesMichael like this.
  23. Cmoney86

Trusted

Nope on the Best Buy physical copies on release day. I’ve had them forever. then they put them on streaming services like a year later

mmhmm likes this.
  24. Cmoney86

Trusted

25. pbueddi

Trusted

I said it before, but I continue to really enjoy the song. I would love to hear one of the other new songs to get another taste of the album.