Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Rise Against / AFI / Anti-Flag - Mourning In Amerika Tour Tour • Page 9

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by TMS2787, Mar 26, 2018.

1. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Eventually, even a dog realizes it’s chasing its own tail....

TMS2787 likes this.
  2. flask

Trusted Supporter

You’re out of your mind if you think I wanna see any band other than Rush play over an hour.

estacey99 likes this.
  3. musicfan10

Trusted

I’ve seen afi 19 times. Saw them 6 times on the blood tour

4. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Last week it was 13, which is impressive that you’ve seen them 6 times since then!

TMS2787, alkalinexandy and Mtlman1331 like this.
  5. Mtlman1331

Trusted

Love it! I too noticed that but I wasn’t gonna say anything. Dude is ridiculous or 12 years old either one.

TMS2787 likes this.
  6. musicfan10

Trusted

Or it might be a typo. Give me a break. Do you want me to post the 19 ticket stubs?

7. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

yes

Knifeparty, TMS2787, Skoke and 3 others like this.
  8. Cgarnsay

Trusted

Yup.

TMS2787 likes this.
  9. Xpertguy5

Trusted

This thread never fails to entertain me

10. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Now how does one go about accidentally typing 13 instead of 19?
    45B6D0BD-E650-4EB5-B005-BABAD41A860D.jpeg

TMS2787 likes this.
  11. heymattrick

Sending my love

I’ve seen AFI four times. One headlining (2009), two amphitheater opening slots (Green Day 2010, Linkin Park/30STM 2014), and one festival (KROQ Xmas 2016). Thanks Concert Archives!

12. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

My only AFI show was at Riot Fest 2013, but I was blown away. Really need to see them again.

domotime2 likes this.
  13. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Listen, AFI are my favorite band of all time. I have two tattoos dedicated to them, but I’d never have the audacity to repeatedly post how they’re the best live band of all time because they simply are not. Let people like what they like and leave it at that. Stop trying to pick fights with people on an online forum for your own entertainment.

14. musicfan10

Trusted

not picking any fight. you are right. i like their music . lets leave it at that and move on.

15. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

What I find most interesting is you...seem....young so I'm assuming you saw them for the first time on the Burials leg (maybe Crash Love). I love AFI but they've definitely calmed down a bit live. I first got into them in 2003 with Sing The Sorrow though I did have friends who were into them in 2001 with Art Of Drowning. I thought I was late to the party then though had on idea they'd be around 15 years later. Nonetheless, if AFI is your absolute favorite, glad you are getting to see them so many times.

16. TMS2787

Trusted

The fact that Saves The Day played 5 hours and only got through 50 songs kind of blows my mind.

Jonny Sniper and bachna84 like this.
  17. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

I guess they did extended jams pretty much between every song haha

18. Skoke

Regular

Just now read through the entire thread. Man, have I been missing out.

19. TMS2787

Trusted

I was out of town for four days, didn’t really get on the forum and I noticed I missed a lot of gold. Oh well, back on my bullshit.

Cgarnsay likes this.
  20. Davjs

Trusted

I'm so glad that I caught AFI touring Crash Love since that was the last time Davey could really scream.

They still have the energy, but him not being able to really scream leaves great songs like Death of Seasons and Dancing Through Sunday out of the set and song's like Miss Murder sound terrible in the screaming parts.

21. musicfan10

Trusted

I thought he still sounded good on the burials tour, I just wish they would
    add some different songs to their sets.

22. Davjs

Trusted

Davey still sounds good while singing, but his scream is going bye bye. During Burials tour they opened with Leaving Song pt 2 but had the crowd sing a lot of the screaming parts, where if you look up that song live during the Crash Love tours, he belted out some brutal screams.

23. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

To anyone who actually attended this tour and isn't just arguing about a favorite band:

In a last minute turn of events I have tickets to go to tonight's tour. Can someone give me an idea of how long the show is? Tonight's stop at the Santa Barbara Bowl begins at 6:00, so I'm trying to figure out what time Rise Against will finish and if it would be smart to still plan on doing something early tomorrow morning. Thanks in advance.

24. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

I’m 100% certain the show will be over before or at 10:00. Santa Barbara has a strict curfew, especially since the bowl is in a residential area. Every show I’ve been to there has ended around that time

25. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

[​IMG]
    Thank you. This helps a ton.