Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Rise Against / AFI / Anti-Flag - Mourning In Amerika Tour Tour • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by TMS2787, Mar 26, 2018.

1. musicfan10

Trusted

I thought at red rocks afi circa had good crowd?

2. bennjeff

Regular

How are AFI sets these days? I was really into them when Sing The Sorrow came out but haven't really kept up with anything after December Underground. Have wanted to see them live though. I like Rise Against just fine I suppose. Wonder what kind of numbers this will do in my market (Boise)

3. red8ge

Regular

fair, i think i just remember someone in Citizen making a snide tweet at one of the dates having Plenty of tickets left

4. musicfan10

Trusted

What did the guys from citizen tweet??

5. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Portland sold out already. I know its a smaller venue that the rest of the dates but I didn't expect it to sell out in a day. Guess I'm road tripping to Seattle if I want to go to this.

6. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

They play a lot of their Nitro material now. I remember them only playing stuff from Sing The Sorrow onward. I do recall them calling Sing The Sorrow their "first album" at one point.

7. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

probably

8. nakulisbrown

this starts soon, I'll be at Coney island. anyone else? I see rise against have been opening with violence, kind of a bummer song.

9. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

I’ll be at Coney Island, Uncasville, the one off Rise show with FOB in Chicago, and Nashville.

10. musicfan10

Trusted

Wondering how good AFI will be on this?

11. atlas

Trusted

If they’re as good as they were last year, they’ll be the best band on the bill

12. musicfan10

Trusted

I agree, they tend to always steal the show, just wish they would break their norm and play longer than an hour :(

13. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

i was really really strongly considering going to this but then i came up with this realization that...like... i've seen AFI twice and both times were amazing (06/12)..and there's no way they can top those shows. I saw them at their PEAK and then at riotfest in the mud with a GREAT setlist. Not sure if i feel like being disappointed

14. musicfan10

Trusted

Well they won’t disappoint you I can guarantee they

15. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Holy shit. What a tour.

16. nakulisbrown

that 4 song acoustic set killed me. Voices Off Camera to (I believe) tracked piano, so basically karaoke, and then all 3 other acoustics. usually it's Swing and either People Live Here or Hero of War, but all of the above??

17. musicfan10

Trusted

How was afi

18. monrovian

I was going to mention it was strange they were not playing the song the tour was named after but they seem to have snuck it into the last few shows.

19. nakulisbrown

they did, right before Prayer.

afi honestly blew me away though, sounded perfect and looked great doing it

20. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Yeah AFI and Anti-Flag both had great sets. Anyone hoping for a bit of a throwback AFI setlist will be happy.

21. musicfan10

Trusted

I just don’t know why they onlynplaying 11 songs, but man they bring it every time

22. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Simple: because they are not headlining the tour.

oldboot likes this.
  23. nakulisbrown

Here's a 4K video of the first three RA songs, if anyone's interested:

24. bennjeff

Regular

Glad to hear that AFI is killing it. I wonder why they seemingly keep doing tours as direct support or coheadliners lately. Maybe they've fallen off a bit? Seems like at this point in their careers they would want to be just headlining, excited to catch them this run though.

25. musicfan10

Trusted

They need to be headlining no doubt about it . The ppl that have been, how has the crowd been toward afi