Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Rise Against / AFI / Anti-Flag - Mourning In Amerika Tour Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by TMS2787, Mar 26, 2018.

1. musicfan10

Trusted

Afi headlines red rocks with circa survive

2. TMS2787

Trusted

I saw AFI with Circa Survive and Citizen last summer. There where 500 people there and they gave away a ton of tickets.

3. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

So this is playing at huge venues some places? Ours is like...1300? Max?

4. chris_williams67

Regular

Palladium is 2100

5. Emokid79

Regular

so did I. I guess i'm going to Nashville.

6. Taco-King

Taco Enthusiast

Philly is about 6,500 but they always oversell

7. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Rise against is sneaky huge.

I'm totally into this and will be at stone pony or philly

alkalinexandy likes this.
  8. musicfan10

Trusted

Where was that at?

9. TMS2787

Trusted

10. musicfan10

Trusted

So how did AFI lose their popularity? Weren’t they big on mtv a while back, does that just fade and make it hard to fill venues???

11. Cmoney86

Trusted

i hope afi and antiflag some how end up playing Friday of riot fest

Emokid79 likes this.
  12. TMS2787

Trusted

Yeah. I like you folks and all but I’d never take that much time on directly linking the venues. Lol.

13. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

I can’t believe they’re gonna be at the Santa Barbara Bowl. I always crossed my fingers that they’d play there since that’s a great venue for them. Too I bad I don’t live in the area anymore... Guess I’ll have to try and hit up the Irvine date

14. riseagainst4L

Regular

There is overselling and then there’s festival pier. Most places oversell from 6500 to like 6700. Festival pier oversells from 6500 to 9000. It’s ridiculous.

15. nakulisbrown

I am happy to avoid seeing Rise Against at Festival Pier for the 3rd time in 10 years. Gonna splurge for pit tickets for NYC.

josh- likes this.
  16. musicfan10

Trusted

Is afi just not very popular anymore???

17. monrovian

"Every pair of online tickets comes with one (1) digital album of Rise Against's The Ghost Note Symphonies, Vol 1."

Anyone have any details on what this is exactly?

18. musicfan10

Trusted

is afi not popular anymore?

19. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Why are you so obsessed with this question that you've asked it four times in this thread?

bachna84 and domotime2 like this.
  20. musicfan10

Trusted

i just don't get how they are opening for rise against? maybe i'm underestimating rise against popularity

21. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

If you compare their social media follower count, it’s very clear who is more popular and why they are opening:

Facebook:

RA - 4.2 million
    AFI - 1.3 million

Twitter:

RA - 371K
    AFI - 113K

Insta:

RA - 288K
    AFI - 87K

bachna84 likes this.
  22. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Yeah Rise Against has been far more popular than AFI for a long time. People forget how huge Rise Against really is. The band has been way more relevant on a mainstream level for the past 10 years than AFI has ever been. Rise Against is easily the biggest band to come out of the punk scene within the last 15 years.

23. musicfan10

Trusted

ok give me some songs to check out for rise against

24. Cgarnsay

Trusted

The Sufferer and the Witness album. Album is perfection.

ramomcferno and PeacefulOrca like this.
  25. oldboot

Regular

Yeah, I don't know why it was a debate about who was bigger. I love AFI, but you hear Rise Against on the radio wayyyy more frequently, as well as at sporting events, on TV, etc. Rise Against is on a different level than AFI at this point in my opinion.

That said, can't wait for this tour. I can't fucking believe I'm seeing these guys in Maine. I've never seen Rise Against before, can't believe my first time will be in my home state.