Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Rise Against / AFI / Anti-Flag - Mourning In Amerika Tour Tour • Page 10

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by TMS2787, Mar 26, 2018.

1. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

went last night, and had a couple thoughts on RA: -the drummers mix was horrible, I honestly had no idea what he was even doing for more of the time, could really only hear his snare which sounded like ass. Also I think Tim's voice was blown out or he was sick or something because it seemed like he was really rushing all of his vocal work/ couldnt hit the normal highs and phrasing he sings with. Was a really weird set, that I'm partially attributing to the end of the long tour. Anyone else notice a lot of weird sound stuff during their sets?

2. atlas

Trusted

the Tim thing sounds consistent with basically every live show I’ve heard from them, recorded or in person

3. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

I was left really, really disappointed with Rise Against after the Santa Barbara show the night before. Anti-Flag and AFI sounded spot on, but Rise Against was all over the place. All of the songs had inconsistent tempos and were played way too quickly. I understand it being the end of the tour and Tim's voice is probably gone - I 100% understand. However, so many of the songs sounded off. Even when it was just Tim playing acoustic the timing still was poor.

I saw Rise Against tons of times around when Siren Song and Sufferer were released and they always sounded great to me. I have no idea what happened.

AWasteOfATime likes this.
  4. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

ok yeah my friend went to that one and last night and echoed this sentiment. AF anf AFI sounded and played perfect. Rise Against was just super super sloppy for some reason. The drummer was a disaster, mixed terrible, not in time at all, no idea what was happening with him.

5. Davjs

Trusted

Man that's a bummer they weren't sounding the best, because I looked up their set (wasn't coming anywhere near me) and they seem to be playing a good set. Songs from all 7 albums were played which a lot of bands don't seem to do.

6. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

yeah but I flat out dont need songs from the past three records lol

7. Davjs

Trusted

Endgame was the only album they have done where I won't go back to it, but that being said I love Satellite and glad they play it live. That should be the only Endgames song though lol.

8. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

yeah i back that

Davjs likes this.
  9. Cmoney86

Trusted

Awesome they are finally playing bullshit. I hope when they tour here next year and stop in Chicago it stays on the set list

Davjs likes this.
  10. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

I didn’t go to the Irvine show last night in favor of going to Disneyland with friends instead. Guess I made the right call...

DerekIsAGooner likes this.
  11. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

I mean, AFI and Anti Flag were perfect (if short) sets.

Musta been rough for RA to get outplayed by them nightly on this tour........

12. Xpertguy5

Trusted

From reading this I'm happy I decided to go to new japan pro wrestling in long beach instead of the RA show last night

13. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Rise Against sounded fine at the Seattle date. Of course both Anti Flag and AFI were better, but overall, it was still a nice way to spend my evening. The crowd at my show was also way into it all, so that did help.

Wish they had sung "Bullshit" at my date though :verysad: