Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2023 Tour • Page 8

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Sep 18, 2022.

1. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

And SuicideBoys bringing out Trash Talk and Code Orange on tour too

alkalinexandy and ItsAndrew like this.
  2. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

This is the layout they've used most years at Douglass Park. I hate it.

The misogyny around this has been absolutely disgusting.

Sure but everyone is treating it as if it's the only thing. It isn't. People of all types camp out for bands. And I guarantee that it was not the MCR fans who were booing the band for asking people to step back. It was a bad mix of dickhead old punks and younger people excited for MCR. That's always a bad mix no matter what.

3. FloatUpstream

Regular

Annnnnd my dad tested positive after going for all three days. Get tested friends.

bradpetrik and anotherpancake like this.
  4. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Hope he's doing well. It's obvious that RF was a superspreader event with the latest variants. My symptoms started Monday night, incubation is around 3 days with omicron so that makes Friday the day I likely caught it.

5. Tifoil

ñ

Suicideboys also had Knocked Loose on tour. Post Malone festival had Turnstile and Gatecreeper.
    Turnstile having Jpegmafia as support act on their next tour. Lots of examples of this and Im down for it!

6. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Death Cab apparently teased the possibility of a Transatanticism 20-year tour happening next year in a Reddit AMA. That would be a fun album play for Riot, I think

theasteriskera likes this.
  7. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

If that happened they'd be a headliner, right? Or would that be a spot like Yellowcard playing opposite Misfits?

alkalinexandy likes this.
  8. Either the spot they were last time - last on Roots before the headliner - or in the Yellowcard slot on Rise.

alkalinexandy and theasteriskera like this.
  9. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

That'd be fun. Won't top the surprise show on the 15th anniversary for me but I know they got a lot of shit from fans for not doing it in order cities when they stated it was a one-off because it was that specific day.

And yes, they'd get Yellowcard slot on Rise.

10. I cannot for the life of me remember why I didn't go to that show. I'm looking at the setlist now and holy shit.

11. TheBucklessProphet

Regular

My gut says Yellowcard slot.

12. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

It was one of the best shows I’ve been to. I’m lucky to have that AND the JEW Bleed American show at the Metro last year on my list.

troyplaysbass likes this.
  13. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Are Paramore headline status now? I said they would be and someone on Reddit responded with this:

upload_2022-9-24_23-20-20.jpeg

Thoughts?

earthlight likes this.
  14. Tifoil

ñ

Im surprised there is a big and growing interest in them as they didnt go on hiatus/break up, and I know a lot of fans didnt like After Laughter that much.

But maybe! They are subheadliners in ACL and Corona Capital in Mexico, so probs it will depend on their new album roll out.

15. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

You could most definitely bill Paramore as a headliner, but subheadliner is probably the better call. They'd be a great band to go on before someone even bigger, like Blink or Green Day.

16. troyplaysbass Sep 25, 2022
    (Last edited: Sep 25, 2022)
    I could see Paramore as a headliner. They played Northerly Island on the After Laughter tour, which I think is about the typical size for a RF headliner. Once they have new music out it’ll be more clear, especially if they have another hit like “Ain’t It Fun” or “Hard Times.”

Also, if the fest moves to a new location next year and has to downsize a bit, that would put them even more squarely in the headliner category.

17. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

I think they’re still on “close a side stage” level but that depends on how this album is received, of course.

18. TheBucklessProphet

Regular

Just saw TSOL at Punk in Drublic last night and they were a lot of fun. They'd be a good mid-afternoon set for 2023 (think the FEAR timeslot, though not necessarily on a main stage). Show was opened by No Trigger who I'd never heard of, but they were great and would also be a solid add to Riot Fest. Maybe slot them in on Rebel in the early afternoon.

alkalinexandy and anotherpancake like this.
  19. Cmoney86

Trusted

No trigger played this year lol

they played rebel on Saturday 1-1:30

20. TheBucklessProphet

Regular

Oops lol Wish I’d heard of them before the fest, I didn’t even have a conflict that early on Saturday. well, at least I nailed the stage/time slot.

21. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

FWIW, I spoke with a few people this weekend who work with No Trigger and they said it was straight-up the most fun they've had at a festival in their entire career. They mentioned it during their set... But hearing it from folks who weren't at the festival but had recently talked to the band about it was interesting.

Based on that, I'm sure if Riot wants them back? They'd definitely do it.

22. I mentioned this in the album thread as well, but despite my feelings on the record I loved that set. They're clearly having a ton of fun and I don't begrudge them that at all - I just really want to hear a song or two from Tycoon.

23. Pokinatcha Punk

Regular

I don’t know why people on Reddit seem convinced that Lolla is going to go after any Blink with Tom reunion. From what I can tell, the last rock reunion headliner was a decade ago at this point. And they didn’t book the first Blink reunion back when Lolla was still more rock focused.

24. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I think the new tracks work better live. And seeing them with the attitude/energy the band brings on-stage kinda shades the new stuff in a different context too.

To be honest, what I find even stranger is that they opted to play a 7" b-side instead ("Tooth") haha. FWIW, they played a track from Tycoon at PiD along with "Owner/Operator" so... They'll be switching it up.

Hoping they come back for a headlining set or something real soon for you!

I mean, Blink played Lolla in 2017 so it wouldn't be unheard of. But they were also at the tail-end of the list of headliners when they played... And I think that might still be the situation, even with the "Tom reunion" angle.

Whereas doing Riot Fest would guarantee them top three, if not the #1 slot. Probably all comes down to money, TBH.

25. buttsfamtbh

Trusted

i'm having a panic attack just picturing trying to get out of the park if blink plays

FloatUpstream and anotherpancake like this.