Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2022 (September 16-18, Chicago IL) Festival • Page 7

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by troyplaysbass, Sep 28, 2021.

1. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Possible Riot Fest get?

alkalinexandy likes this.
  2. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

3. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Possibly. I remember buying Stop when I was in college and thinking it sounded like a poppier Jimmy Eat World. And then I really disliked the next album when that first came out in 2005...

I see your point about the Simple Plan comparison but I think Simple Plan made some decisions that kinda just set the two acts apart. Continuing to do Warped Tours, the bands they toured with, etc It was always one foot in that "pop-punk" world with a super heavy emphasis on the "pop" aspect. Whereas Plain White T's kinda just went full-on with the "let's really swing for Top 40" vibes and never really pulled out of that.

This is based on nothing more than the way the band "feels" to me, though, so I could be way off (and to your point--age may have everything to do with it).

Maybe! I saw that Gang of Four were teasing something too. I think these are both pretty strong potential reunion acts for 2022.

troyplaysbass likes this.
  4. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Scratch what I said about Gang of Four. Looks like they're doing Chicago on March 2nd. Given how inactive the band currently is... I feel like it'll be a single leg and done rather than some bigger reunion thing.

5. TheBucklessProphet

Regular

Everclear would likely fit in well.

6. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I don't know if All Time Low was in play at all for 2022 but I presume we can confirm them to be out with everything going on

7. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

I can't process the fact that Riot Fest was just a bit over a month ago... Is it just me? Feels like it was months ago

8. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

Yes this was actual eons ago to me.

9. KindaFatMike

Trusted

im going to disney world in 2 weeks and im not nearly as hyped as i was 2 weeks out from riot. shockingly similar itineraries: come in for a partial day, then 3 straight days of morning to night activity, each day with its own vibe to it, and then home. hotel used only for sleeping and showering. haha

alkalinexandy likes this.
  10. sam_might_say

Have a great time! I’m dying to get back to Disney World sometime soon

KindaFatMike likes this.
  11. sam_might_say

Kind of a stretch, but Mike Ness said on his Instagram yesterday that Social D is gonna start working on/real ease a new album next year. When was the last time they played Riot? Seems like they’re overdue for another set there

12. Tifoil

ñ

Alexisonfire is playing Lollapalooza Brasil, adding to their show at Slam Dunk 2022. I really hope they play Riot next year!

TylerR likes this.
  13. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

I hope Idles plays next year.

14. Tifoil

ñ

In 2018 they played a Chicago show the same weekend as Riot, still bummed they were not on the bill :(

15. sam_might_say

They’d be a solid add to whatever day MCR is playing!

TylerR, Cgarnsay and Tifoil like this.
  16. Tifoil

ñ

I had this though: Depeche Mode as headliners.

Maybe not for 2022, but I can see them headlining at some point.

17. sam_might_say

NEW BIZKIT ALBUM DROPPING SUNDAY. LB AT RIOT 2022 LETSGETIT

anotherpancake and chewbacca110 like this.
  18. TylerR

Regular

Alexisonfire playing RF would be a dream. Crisis is my favorite album of all time and they’re my favorite band!

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  19. Cmoney86

Trusted

They played a while back but it’s been a minute 2015

20. KindaFatMike

Trusted

Feel bad for the guitarist and the fans excited to see them, But not gonna lie, i love the karmic justice/ crow eating for Max after mercilessly ragging on Riot non stop for bands cancelling. i guess the lesson is dont mock people for the the things they cant control..

upload_2021-10-29_8-47-28.png

21. TylerR

Regular

yeah, it was 2015. It was sort of a reunion for them that year. I just never got the chance to see them since I didn’t go that year.

22. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

I mean the Eve 6/Riot thing was all in good fun, don't think there's any malice involved.

23. KindaFatMike

Trusted

yea i know, but sometimes seems like their fans didnt, and i just appreciate a little earned comeuppance, that's all

24. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

That's fair!

25. sam_might_say

I still hope Eve 6 is on the lineup. I don’t see how this “beef” can go this deep and them NOT getting on Riot 2022 lol

alkalinexandy and KindaFatMike like this.