Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2022 (September 16-18, Chicago IL) Festival • Page 5

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by troyplaysbass, Sep 28, 2021.

1. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I mean, at this point, I think the meme is becoming reality. Haha. But I don't think it has anything to do with an actual Operation Ivy reunion.

I've heard rumblings that LJG might be doing an OpIvy cover set at some point, but it's really all just hearsay with no evidence to back it up. That being said? I could totally see that happening.

Mike Dust 81 likes this.
  2. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

It would be pretty neat if there was a “Operative Ivy Tribute” set where various members of bands playing Riot joined in and did a set of OpIvy covers. It’d be a fun shindig, I think

alkalinexandy likes this.
  3. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

I'm convinced Op Ivy will never reunite, so I'd gladly take an all star type tribute set

4. sam_might_say

I think the closest we’ll ever get to an OpIvy reunion will be Jesse Michaels making surprise appearances at Rancid shows. And this has already been done before

5. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

This is probably not a Riot thing but can we get The Beach Boys with John Stamos? Or at least something with Stamos one of these years? It has to happen eventually haha.

6. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Riot Fest 20 will have Op Ivy, Jesse & The Rippers and Green Day

7. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

and all 3 will play Knowledge

8. sam_might_say

I’d much prefer a Brian Wilson set over The Beach Boys, tbh

ALT/MSC/FAN and Tifoil like this.
  9. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Yes, Brian Wilson would be match. Also more 90s jangle pop!

10. somethingwitty

Trusted

A late 90s/early 00s power-pop/rock stage would be fun for 2022…

American Hi Fi
    SR-71
    Eve 6
    Third Eye Blind
    The Donnas (reunion set)

SmashRipsaw and JaggySnake83 like this.
  11. sam_might_say

Holy shit yeah. I need to go HARD in the pit for Flavor Of The Weak

SmashRipsaw likes this.
  12. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Brian Wilson was so boring when I saw him at Pitchfork a few years ago. He just sounded so lifeless and out of it and just going through the motions, I was really disappointed. Maybe things are different now though…

13. Tifoil

ñ

Dont think this will ever happen, but Sufjan Stevens playing Illinoise in full at Riot would be dope, probs in the same slot as Beck or The Raconteurs

14. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

Modern English are out, playing Evanston in July.. booked entire weekend of Riot

15. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Sufjan Stevens would be amazing

Tifoil likes this.
  16. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

Aren't they a cover band? Or maybe I'm mistaken for a different band? My friend actually plays with them

17. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Modern English are definitely not a cover band haha

18. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

American English is a Beatles cover band from the Chicago area you’re probably thinking of

19. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

Modern English... early 80's new wave band who had a hit with "I Melt With You"

20. KindaFatMike

Trusted

only hiccup is that eve 6 guy is VERY vocal about his disdain for the 3EB guy, so maybe sub out 3EB for like a Lit, better than ezra, fuel, or my personal pick, seven mary three

21. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

Oh yeah, I was thinking about American English, a Beatles cover band. My bad. And yeah, Modern Eglish is the one my friend plays in.

22. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I want the Third Eye Blind guy and the Eve 6 guy to kiss on stage and end the beef

TheBucklessProphet and estacey99 like this.
  23. somethingwitty

Trusted

Set up a wrestling ring and let’s get this going. Riot Fest can be an Eve 6 affair!

Max in the dunk tank on Fri, Eve6 vs 3EB wrestling on Sat, Horrorscope set on Sun!

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  24. Mike Dust 81 Oct 12, 2021
    (Last edited: Oct 12, 2021)
    Mike Dust 81

Trusted

seven mary three broke up 9 years ago.. great band though, better than ezra is great live as well...

also I'm pretty sure we can rule Smash Mouth out after uhm whatever that performance was that's now circulating online (seriously GOOGLE IT, it's amazing in the worst way)

alkalinexandy likes this.
  25. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

A radio station I used to work for had Candlebox headline one the nights of the holiday show - Seven Mary Three and Sponge opened. It was a ~500 capacity venue. We were handed 75 tickets to give out to people on the street before the show to try and "pad the room."

We were able to give away roughly five pairs for free. I still have the rest somewhere in my house.

KindaFatMike likes this.