Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2021 (September 17-19, Chicago IL) Tour • Page 94

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ALT/MSC/FAN, Sep 16, 2019.

1. KindaFatMike

Trusted

thats maybe the one time in my years of living in St. Louis where we got an awesome show that bigger cities didnt get. i remember being extra excited for that tour when i actually predicted it after they were both announced at punk rock bowling. I posted the PBR poster on FB and said "its strange both those european bands would come over for just one show, they should do a trek together, hopefully coming here" and then they announced it like 5 days later. i felt so powerful, haha. if i remember correctly they started in vegas and ended at a more eastern fest and literally just stopping in the cities along highway 70 in between the 2

On another note - the Rage / RTJ tour has been officially pushed to spring 2022.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  2. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

That's awesome! I love when things like that line-up.

Saw the Rage/RTJ news too. Wild that hey pushed out again. Wonder if it had anything to do with all the regulations, etc. It'll be interesting to see what artists are willing to put up with it versus those that would rather delay.

3. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

What do we think the odds of Devo being added are? And if they get added... Would they be top 3?

4. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

I want Devo booked so bad. They’re a HUGE bucket list band for me

I say they’d be a sub-headliner. Maybe not the 3rd headliner slot on Sunday, but they’d for sure be on the second row, at least I think

They’ve been picking up quite a few festivals in the past few years, and seeing as they got booked for PBR, I’d say there’s a good chance they’d do Riot

Also, I’ve stated this a few times before, but they were originally booked for Denver in 2016, and were listed on a rough copy of the poster, but they were removed once the lineup was announced, so who knows what happened there

5. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Same! They're definitely a bucket list for me too. I was leaning toward saying they would definitely be above the Pixies, just because of how (relatively) rare live performances are these days. They are definitely more of a "get" in terms of a name. And you could make the same argument for them being billed over RTJ too, but given how popular RTJ is that argument becomes a little harder to make.

Either way, I think they'd close out a stage.

I agree with you too, that them being booked for PBR makes them feel more likely (and them being "almost" booked for Denver in 2016 bolsters that some too).

6. Tifoil

ñ

On the tour thread someone posted that the Bad Religion/Alkaline Trio tour is schedule for september/october, so maybe both bands are a possibility for Riot

7. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Hah! I posted something similar in that other thread. I think it's very much a possibility... Mostly because it would be easier for the bands. But who knows what'll wind up happening.

8. sam_might_say

I’m down. Maybe Riot could pay a lil extra and get ALK3 to play From Here To Infirmary, eh?

9. marissalg

Trusted

started looking for Airbnb’s that allow for free cancellation but everyone I’m going with will be fully vaccinated by may so I’m cautiously optimistic

Tifoil and alkalinexandy like this.
  10. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

if Alk3 is a potential for Riot Fest, I wonder if any of the other blink projects could show up. Box Car, AvA, or +44 would be a fun set.

theasteriskera and alkalinexandy like this.
  11. sam_might_say

AVA were due to play Lolla last year, but that obviously didn’t happen. I’d say AVA could be possible but we’ll have to see if Lolla snags them again

Tom has been teasing a BCR reunion for years now, lol. I think that might happen in the next few years

As for +44, I don’t see that happening. I think Mark has even said that a +44 a rather unlikely. And in my personal opinion, even though I do dig +44, I’m not sure there would be as big of hype for a +44 reunion, than other Blink-related stuff

12. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I feel like most festivals tried to keep the same line-up they had previously, but who knows how it'll all shake out... I could see them being at Riot just as much as Lolla.

The other thing about the Alk3 bit is that apparently Blink might be scheduling things around that same time which will take them out of the mix completely. So who knows what'll wind up happening.

13. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Wonder if this will be PIQNIQ

14. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

First round of nanobots complete!

15. MattNCheeze

Trusted

Southwest hitten them deals bb boiz and girls two nonstop flights Nashville and back $240 for two people.

16. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Booked a hotel last night. Figure if it's happening we might as well be prepared and if not, free cancellation. Here's to hoping!

alkalinexandy and Cgarnsay like this.
  17. Cgarnsay

Trusted

Booked a BNB about a quarter mile away

anotherpancake likes this.
  18. Mike Dust 81 Apr 12, 2021
    (Last edited: Apr 12, 2021)
    Mike Dust 81

Trusted

Alk3 is far from a potential for Riot Fest

Wasn't this a show scheduled for the new venue Radius in Chicago before the world tried to end

also, can someone tell these goofballs on reddit that think theres only a 5% chance of Riot actually happening.. that it's still over 5 months away, also it's outdoors and right now every adult in America is qualified for vaccines (which you can get from nurses, dentists, vets and firefighters among others)

Ratm's tour was supposed to start in like June, and no one is really touring until August or September at the earliest, which is why they pushed back to 2022.. plus it keeps the dates in line with Coachella

Cgarnsay likes this.
  19. Cgarnsay

Trusted

Some people can’t realize it’s going to really happen regardless. I don’t know if it’s the right move but I am vaccinated, and I feel like people are becoming more conscious.

20. Mike Dust 81 Apr 12, 2021
    Mike Dust 81

Trusted

Can't live in fear forever, with all the vaccines out and other therapeutics and treatments on the market or in development.. for most people now it's as dangerous as getting a bad case of the flu.. this wasn't the case 6 months ago, but you know.. science wins again

Cgarnsay likes this.
  21. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I beg to differ with this one. If that Bad Religion/Alkaline Trio winds up getting re-scheduled, they were targeting September/October. And I would imagine it would be easier for both bands to just turn it into a festival stop. They wouldn't have to deal with any of the regulations, promotions, etc.

If it were a regular tour in a regular year being re-scheduled, I wouldn't be making these assumptions. But all things considered... I'd say it's a possibility. A relatively low one (I'd put it at 25-30%). But still a possibility.

At this point, I think people saying that it's not going to happen (or that there's an incredibly low chance at it happening) are projecting their own feelings rather than looking at it objectively when posting on social media. Which is something that I fully understand and am sympathetic toward, but also don't fully agree with.

If your neck of the woods is having a hard time getting people vaccinated, if you're seeing government fuck-ups, etc. of course you're going to be more negative about things on the whole. I'm in Massachusetts where people are tripping over themselves to get vaccinated, and while our system is definitely flawed, people are communicating and finding out ways to make it work for themselves.

Anecdotally: One local site by me had ~500 doses that they needed to sign people up for the other day. The appointments were all gone within five minutes All through word of mouth. I'm going to be inherently more positive about the process when I'm hearing/seeing things like that than a person who is surrounded by anti-vaxxers.

That being said, I think you're right and things are going to be looking much better in terms of numbers very soon. It's just going to take a month or two for the younger folks to all start getting vaccinated. Here in MA, unfortunately, people 16+ won't be eligible without an underlying condition until the 19th of April. So very soon!

22. Mike Dust 81 Apr 12, 2021
    Mike Dust 81

Trusted

I guess it depends what kind of contractual obligations they had with the Radius.. I'm sure the venue still wants the rights to that show when things open up in late summer

also just read Electric Daisy moved their festival in Vegas from July UP TO May

23. Cgarnsay

Trusted

Sadly, I’m in Michigan. My work just got shut down and people are just living their lives as normal. It’s getting worse here sadly because of this way of thinking.

24. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

What way of thinking? Being anti-vax?

I was just saying that the way people are operating (even here, where people are generally open to getting vaccinated) the numbers are increasing because people are being more lax (which sucks)... But at a certain point in the vaccination process, we'll see the numbers drop significantly.

It's really a shame that people can't just sit tight until the numbers start dropping and the majority of people are vaccinated... Or, at the very least, spend time only with others who are also vaccinated. Good luck out there!

anotherpancake likes this.
  25. Cgarnsay

Trusted

I agree with you, it’s people becoming to lax. I got my vaccination one on Friday, today I am sick needing to get tested. My work sadly is a very lax place on the rules, and now we are paying the price.