Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2021 (September 17-19, Chicago IL) Tour • Page 92

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ALT/MSC/FAN, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

no, Reel Big Fish

alkalinexandy likes this.
  2. MattNCheeze

Trusted

I just want RTJ to open with Yankee and the Brave

chewbacca110 likes this.
  3. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

They haven't even played Riot Fest yet...

I mean, that's what they opened with on that Adult Swim livestream back in October so... I'd say there's a decent shot at that happening!

MattNCheeze likes this.
  4. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Apparently we don't have enough supply or something as well, pretty annoying

Cgarnsay likes this.
  5. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

BACK AT IT

MattNCheeze likes this.
  6. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

Anyone over 16 who wants the vaccine is eligible in NY starting tomorrow, Apr 19 for NJ. We're all getting closer :thumbup::thumbup:

7. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Same date here in Massachusetts!

That was an interesting part of that article that felt kinda buried, where the mayor says that they would re-consider if more vaccines became available (which makes it sound like it's all just politicians playing games).

FWIW, Massachusetts had similar situations back in February and it was sorted. Took a bit, but they got there...

8. Tifoil

ñ

On the tour thread someone posted a Julien Baker tour and she is playing the Metro on September 22. I'm still hoping she plays Riot one day

9. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

Honestly just glad to see tours in September slowly starting to trickle out

10. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

alkalinexandy and troyplaysbass like this.
  11. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

My guess is she will play in 2022 after doing a headliner for the new album.

12. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

ItsAndrew likes this.
  13. Danny Apr 6, 2021
    (Last edited: Apr 6, 2021)
    Julien Baker is incredible, and great live, but idk how much interest I'd have seeing her at RF. I treat the weekend as a big party with my friends so it'd be tough to be 6 beers in and watching her play her sad (and amazing!) songs after seeing someone like Fucked Up haha. I'll never miss seeing her when she comes to Minneapolis, but I don't think that's the vibe I'd seek out at RF. That said, lineup diversity is always cool and I'd be happy to see her get a spot!

theasteriskera and alkalinexandy like this.
  14. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

This is exactly my take. She's an incredible songwriter, and while I've never seen her live, every performance I've seen on YouTube has been fantastic.

I'm just not big on seeing sad, slow music in the middle of a giant field with the sun beating down on me. Maybe if she were able to have a slot at like, 5 or 6 on a bigger stage as the sun was setting? I could see that being cool.

But other than that, I'd probably skip out in favor of something else. I'd be down to see her on the line-up, but I'd also be a little bummed that it could have gone to some loud artist with guitars.

(Probably an unpopular opinion, but Riot Fest is basically the only "larger" festival that books acts that do play loud guitar that don't cater primarily to dudes who wear aviators and think the Punisher is pro-cop.)

swboyd, Jim and Pokinatcha Punk like this.
  15. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

She would fit just based on the fact that she is very much into the music Riot books and has that crossover appeal, and her new album is more full band "rock" sound.

On another note, I've been hearing rumors that the Lolla lineup is dropping soon so that will help us cancel out some potential acts.

16. True, a full band Riot Fest tuned Julien Baker set would have the potential to be v sick - happy to eat my words there haha

17. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I feel like everyone would also talk loudly over her set it’s just not really the vibe tbh although I haven’t seen her and would love to

18. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

I love Turnover (and Julien Baker), but for the same exact reasons, I very purposefully avoided a 4:45 pm Saturday Turnover set in 2019.

19. Mike Dust 81 Apr 7, 2021
    (Last edited: Apr 7, 2021)
    Mike Dust 81

Trusted

Based on the lineups for Bonnaroo, Outsidelands and Life Is Beautiful that have been announced.. I don't expect much crossover

I still think there's one or two more big female acts to be added to Riot, but I think one of them is going to be the Go-Go's

20. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I'm not expecting a ton of crossover. But I think we'll be able to tick a few potential hip-hop acts off the list, a legacy act or two, and whatever 2-3 buzzy "punk"/"emo" acts Lolla throws on the bill.

I would love for the Go-Go's to be added! They were looking pretty likely in 2020, and the rescheduled tour dates line up just as well this year (in that there's no conflicts or midwest dates yet and they seem to be playing larger dates in targeted areas of a region).

21. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

the Go-Go's actually put out a new song for their documentary, and it's pretty good... they will also get a gigantic crowd

22. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Yeah! I watched that documentary a few months back and loved it. New song is great too.

They would definitely be a pretty major draw. I would assume they'd close out Rise or play directly before whoever last is on the main stage.

23. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

I'd think they would get the same spot as a Blondie or B-52s

chewbacca110 and alkalinexandy like this.
  24. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Which begs the question: Who would headline that stage? The Pixies, maybe?

Y'know. That would make a ton of sense looking at the current line-up. Could also see K.Flay, Jawbox, Les Savy Fav, Best Coast, Beach Bunny, and/or the Sounds on that stage as well. Adds up to me.

25. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Think it's a reliable source on this? I have been really curious to see what happens with Lolla.