Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2021 (September 17-19, Chicago IL) Tour • Page 73

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ALT/MSC/FAN, Sep 16, 2019.

1. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Would be cool if the entire second wave is announced this weekend

2. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Unfortunately, I think we have a ways to go before a second announcement. I could see them maybe announcing another headliner before the fall?

But more realistically, I think we're going to get a handful of bands announced in December when they usually do a push for next year's pre-sales followed by a final, bigger announcement in May when we get a better sense as to whether or not this thing is actually going to be able to happen or not.

Riot Fest is really in a unique position with this whole thing. It's so far out in the season that it actually feels like we have a shot at having things cleared up before next year, versus say, Coachella that's happening in April.

weshankins34 likes this.
  3. Cmoney86

Trusted

Coachella is being more then likely moved to October 2021 apparently they where telling booking agents to book tours around a October Coachella

alkalinexandy likes this.
  4. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Just listened to Jay Navarro from the Suicide Machines on a podcast. If the Suicide Machines were scheduled to play Riot Fest in 2020 it's "out the window" along with their other tour US tour dates. But their European festival run that was slated for late summer this year is going to be happening in October/November of next year so... Who knows.

5. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

The more I hear about bucket list bands I absolutely love were going to have played Riot Fest, the sadder I get.

6. sam_might_say

Damn. I’ve still never seen them. REALLY hope I get to at some point

alkalinexandy likes this.
  7. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I've seen them a few times over the years from 2000 through last year. A show in 2003 where they headlined over Avenged Sevenfold and the Unseen is one of my favorites ever because by the time they went on there was maybe 50 people in a theater that had been previously packed. After the first song, Jay shrugged and jumped into the audience. He spent the rest of the set in the crowd and basically treated it like a VFW/Hall show. It felt like a unique, "special" night.

It's a different line-up now (I think everyone but Jay is new) but the band crushes live, and Jay is just as passionate and energetic as ever (and, FWIW, walks the walk in terms of activism in his community). This is all to say that I hope you get to see them someday too! :-)

I'm sure they'll do a tour or three when it's safe to do so.

8. KindaFatMike

Trusted

well the time has come, and it feels bad. Poor one out for Riot2020. cheers.

9. With all the rain we’ve had this week, it would have been a very muddy fest this year.

MexicanGuitars likes this.
  10. Tifoil

ñ

I will be blasting MCR the whole weekend, while drinking the pain away.

heymattrick likes this.
  11. marissalg

Trusted

damn it hurt getting the notification that my flight was about to depart this morning.

KindaFatMike likes this.
  12. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

At least I'll be able to attend next year vs this year where I wouldn't have been able to so that's a blessing in disguise for me.

troyplaysbass and pauljgreco like this.
  13. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

2014 all over again. Was actually in Humboldt Park on Labor Day.

Jim and troyplaysbass like this.
  14. Jim

Trusted Supporter

2014 was so cold that rainy Friday

15. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

I think I've subconsciously channeled it because i have been bogged down with absolutely miserable allergies all week.

Jim likes this.
  16. Tifoil

ñ

Sad news today

weshankins34 likes this.
  17. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Oh wow that's very sad

18. sam_might_say

Aw man, how sad :( R.I.P.

19. Cmoney86

Trusted

This year would have been a mud fest and would have sucked with all the rain we’ve had and how cool it’s been. Also it’s sad looking at Facebook memories with posts from past riot fests and the fact if it wasn’t for a pandemic we’d all be there this weekend.

20. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

We’d be making fun of all the My Chem campers

joe.boy.fresh. and flask like this.
  21. Tifoil

ñ

I feel personally attacked

22. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Somewhere in an alternate timeline, My Chem is playing right now.

Also, tbh, I'd rather wait a year (hopefully) and maybe have a dry fest than to go this year and force it with muddy grounds.

Cgarnsay and Cmoney86 like this.
  23. sam_might_say

In another timeline, they never got back together :(

24. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

He didn't say it definitively, but listening to the latest Road to the Skeleton Coast Patreon podcast, Brendan made it sound like the Lawrence Arms were meant to play this year. Not surprising given that it's been a couple years and they had a new album out, but yeah...

Here's hoping they wind up getting announced for 2021!

JaytotheGee likes this.
  25. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

New album + them not playing last year I think solidifies them