Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2021 (September 17-19, Chicago IL) Tour • Page 72

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ALT/MSC/FAN, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Darth Annihilus

Regular

Just bought a ticket haha

Cmoney86 likes this.
  2. Cmoney86

Trusted

Idk but trivium when they did theirs they had like 10k people during the actual stream so depending on how many tixs they sold at $9 they made like 100k which I’m sure they split up between the other bands playing and the venue

3. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

It's so weird to me that anybody would complain about paying for a livestream...I've been pretty selective about it. And it's not quite like the real thing but given that it's the best we got? I'll take it.

ItsAndrew and pauljgreco like this.
  4. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Live-streams will be a thing of the future even when touring resumes. Underoath proved how lucrative they can be if done right. Bands deserve and need additional revenue streams.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  5. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Hard agree here! Especially if it's a relatively unique experience. I'm kinda over the whole StageIt thing, just because that service has proven to be pretty shitty in terms of quality but...

If it's a band I haven't seen in a few years, or they're doing a creative/interesting/different set list? I'm all-in. And the Thursday thing is a super cool idea (that sets it up almost as if it were an actual show).

Between this and some of the interactions/exclusives I've gotten via Patreon subscriptions? I'm super stoked on what some bands are doing. Spanish Love Songs, in particular, I think are really crushing it in that department.

6. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I've been thinking about doing Spanish and Souls patreons but haven't bitten the bullet yet

But yeah the more well done streams (those I have paid for) have been worth it for sure. I'm getting kind of sick of the instagram live acoustic guitar thing but am all for the full band in the studio or at a venue stream

7. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

TBH, the $5 tier of the Spanish Love Songs Patreon is the best money I've spent all of quarantine. They are pretty consistent with the content and they do much more than I ever would have anticipated with the "re-imagined" versions of songs and covers. Most of them are full band, some of them have been super interesting. My one gripe is that the monthly polls for covers haven't gone my way... But that's whatever. I'll take an ironic Nickelback cover, Jimmy Eat World, and the Killers just fine.

The Souls one is great just for the podcast at this point. Lots of old school talk, etc. The play-throughs are kinda whatever. I hope they add a musical element at some point (whether it's live streams, or even just Greg on ukulele; I'd like some new music from them in some form). But it's still fun.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  8. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

i dont see why not when it comes to continuing to do some sort of streaming thing going forward...other than possibly cost? like im sure you'd have to rig stuff up to make it sound good if its a legit live show? That might not be true, just speculating, but yeah i see it like sports. Live is ALWAYS better but its a nice alternative if you cant make it AND the band can make more money

9. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

100%! And I know people are saying they got burnt out on the whole "acoustic person with a guitar in their bedroom" vibe, but there's still ways to keep it interesting. I watched Matt Pryor, Chris Conley, and Anthony Raneri do a bunch of songs last night. It was $10 and about 60 minutes. The set lists didn't feel like a copy/paste of their usual sets, the banter between the artists was fun, etc. It was a pleasant break from the monotony... And it felt good seeing those familiar faces and hearing their voices.

If things keep going the way they're going, I would suspect sooner rather than later that we'll see more bands doing this. And a few other mediums for delivery to pop-up as well with different options. Imagine one that automatically delivered a video and audio recording of the set after you viewed it? Or the ability to vote on the next song in-app by the viewers?

10. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

God damn it I got real stoked for a sec

weshankins34 likes this.
  11. Cgarnsay

Trusted

12. Tifoil

ñ

Just saw this Every Time I Die poster whith the tour that they were suppouse to play in 2020. It has 2 dates for Chicago in September 11 and 12, so I guess they were going to play Riot and an aftershow.

Hopefully they play in 2021

weshankins34 and JaytotheGee like this.
  13. sam_might_say

Oh man, good catch!

weshankins34 likes this.
  14. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

If there's one silver lining, it makes me feel a little better knowing I wouldn't have had to skip Every Time I Die in Grand Rapids for My Chemical Romance in Detroit.

theasteriskera and Cgarnsay like this.
  15. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Great catch! Looks like we have our first "strong possibility for Wave 2" artist! Gonna start keeping tabs on some of those "cancelled tour posters" as we move forward...

I'm gonna throw the Lawrence Arms on that too. Mostly because they're overdue for an appearance and I find it hard to believe they wouldn't be on the bill the same year they dropped an album.

weshankins34 and JaytotheGee like this.
  16. KindaFatMike

Trusted

if there is good in the world, ETID will be on the 2021 bill. Also that artwork is amazing but i have zero interest in hanging a corona virus poster on my wall, lol

17. Tifoil

ñ

Parkway Drive tour with Knocked Loose, Hatebreed and Fit For a King will make their Chicago stop one day before Riot. I don't know how I will survive 5 days in a row of live music

weshankins34 likes this.
  18. Cmoney86

Trusted

Same i just had to look to make sure it wasn’t during riot since I have tickets to both and all 4 days of riot fest

Tifoil likes this.
  19. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Yeaaaaah that's super fucking tempting to get into town a day early.

20. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

I’m down if you are

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  21. sam_might_say

NFG announced today that a 20 year anniversary tour for their Self-Titled album was supposed to happen this year but didn’t. What are the odds that maybe they’ll play it at Riot?

22. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Happy riot fest weekend

23. Would be cool if they announce another band or two (or more!!) this weekend

24. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I bet they were going to play it at Riot Fest, but I doubt they'll be touring on it in 2021. They've already done a tour where they've played this album exclusively (and another where they played it as part of a few dates in each city).

It makes sense to do it in 2020, but I don't see them trotting it out the year after. That said, if it was part of the Riot Fest contract for 2020... That might still carry over. But it probably all depends on how Riot Fest wants to work it.

I just don't see NFG doing a whole bunch of shows for it next year.

I can see bands doing this for anniversary or album tours for records that haven't gotten that treatment in the past but... I dunno. It would feel weird for New Found Glory or a band like, say, Less Than Jake (to pick the only band I can think of ATM with a comparable situation) to do it when they've already done it so much in the past.

25. sam_might_say

All good points

Also I totally forgot about that 20th Anniversary tour with multi-night/multi-album shows, and I WENT to one of those shows lol

theasteriskera and alkalinexandy like this.