Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2021 (September 17-19, Chicago IL) Tour • Page 71

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ALT/MSC/FAN, Sep 16, 2019.

1. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

As someone outside the US, I'm concerned your country still won't be safe to travel to in a years time.

Y'all are a mess.

2. simonthebutler

Regular

Same here

3. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

We really are the worst.

4. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

It all hinges on the development and implementation of a vaccine. If we can get that? We'll be good for shows of all sorts.

There's quite a few possible vaccines in development at the moment, a few of which look pretty promising. And while people have said we might be good at end of year... That really all depends on how the large scale trials that are starting up now play out. Could be fine and we'll have an approved vaccine by end of year. Or we could be well into 2021 before we have anything if these trials tank (and they might; though most of the signs right now are positive).

And then there's the implementation of the thing... Which I think is where all the hiccups will be. I'm cautiously optimistic that within 12+ months we'll have it all sorted, but who the hell knows how it's all going to play out.

weshankins34 likes this.
  5. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah it's hard to be pessimistic about something that is 14 months away but who knows

If things aren't sorted by then we have much bigger issues to worry about haha

weshankins34 and alkalinexandy like this.
  6. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

We certainly are!

7. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I find it hard to be pessimistic for something that far out because that's just how I'm wired (and how negative things have been otherwise because of this thing). I've also been reading quite a bit about the vaccines, the likelihood of them working or not, where each is in the clinical trial process, etc. If one of those drugs tanks, you'll see a sharp decline in my positivity as far as it all goes. But the timeline for a vaccine that people have been talking about for a while (end of year) still seems to be the thought as far as having something that we know works. So I'm letting the positivity stick around until that changes.

On the flipside, I totally get people who are more pessimistic about it all, though. Especially considering some of the think pieces floating around and how truly uncertain everything feels right now. It makes perfect sense to me.

8. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

fixed :P

9. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

no one thought it would last until now so anythings possible but i gottttttttttttta say that if we're not doing concerts next summer...yes...there are a lot of bigger issues at play

10. I agree, LJG

11. sam_might_say

We’ve been begging for years

12. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I was going to say maybe at the 20th anniversary but that's so far and I don't want to wait that long

13. sam_might_say

Maybe we’ll finally get that John Stamos appearance

14. KindaFatMike

Trusted

so hows everyone doin?
    Whats your favorite discovery from the line up so far and/or since the line up release has your love for a band been re-ignited?
    Ive been into Radkey a lot lately, totally new to me. The sounds are pretty great to, and this is really the first time ive given Circa Survive a chance, and im into it!
    I had forgotten how much i loved saves the day & smashing pumpkins

15. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

weshankins34 likes this.
  16. sam_might_say

Thursday posted this tour they were supposed to go on this year but got cancelled (because of you know what...)

Any chance of Cursive being added? Maybe for a Domestica album play?

chewbacca110 and weshankins34 like this.
  17. campeondeluniverso

nah.

they played last year, but anything can happen. i'm with it! love Domestica.

weshankins34 likes this.
  18. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I'd be all for Cursive being added, but as somebody said they played last year...

And FWIW, they were meant to play a Domestica set at Fest in 2020. They've been re-added for 2021 but as of now it's not currently an album play.

It's interesting to me that some of these bands are dropping the whole "anniversary album play" bit just because it's all being pushed out a year. I would think there's value in pushing it all out.

weshankins34 likes this.
  19. sam_might_say

Didn’t realize they were on the lineup last year! Oops!

And yeah, Saves The Day were supposed to do a TBC full album play at ChainFest this year, but they dropped it when it got pushed to next May, which is a bummer, because I never got a chance to see that album played live

alkalinexandy likes this.
  20. Darth Annihilus

Regular

I would have travelled for this tour just to see And So I Watch You From Afar, they were incredible the one time I saw them open The Fall of Troy's Doppleganger tour.

21. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

They're live streaming it now. So there's that.

22. Cmoney86

Trusted

You have to pay for it tho. $10 they gave away free tix for unemployed people and those sold out

23. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

This dude literally said he'd travel just to see it. I think he'll be okay with $10.

24. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Plus it's not like paying livestreams are uncommon now. More and more bands are doing them because touring is done for 2020.

25. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I wonder how the money works out. I feel like it'd be in favor of the band to do live streams. Underoath charged $15. World wide. Not sure how much was split with venue.