Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2021 (September 17-19, Chicago IL) Tour • Page 67

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ALT/MSC/FAN, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Mike Dust 81 Jul 12, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 12, 2020)
    Mike Dust 81

Trusted

saw them mentioned a few times, but Goo Goo Dolls are out.. August 6 at Tinley

also, Jerry Lee Lewis married his 13 yr old cousin, he accidentally shot his bass player

2. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Oh THAT was it. All I could remember was something involving his wife and shooting someone

3. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Riot adjacent. There’s a march in Douglas Park to have the park renamed this coming Saturday, if anyone is interested.

https://facebook.com/events/s/douglas-park-change-the-name-r/566008994279544/?ti=icl

theasteriskera and alkalinexandy like this.
  4. simonthebutler

Regular

Tickets purchased, most hotels aren't onsale yet and flights aren't onsale but hopefully if the world doesn't end we are off to Riot Fest next September

5. sh0ez

Regular

Also interested in this! Tempted to do VIP.

6. Cmoney86

Trusted

I did normal vip for tixs. Mainly did it for the locker and re entry. Those days become long as fuck and it would be nice to leave and come back whenever I want

7. DoctorM

Regular Supporter

Riot Fest just sent an email where they casually stated there are 182 days until Christmas. Is this a not so subtle hint the Blink 182 may be playing?

rbarlyo likes this.
  8. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

It's possible, but blink-182 just played in 2019.

Bert from The Used mentioned that the blink-182 / The Used tour planned for 2020 was hitting smaller venues, and he named the Aragon Ballroom specifically.

So far, blink-182 has been moving their 2020 dates to roughly the same timeframe in 2021. They might already be playing the Aragon next year.

9. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

They won't repeat a headliner that close together

weshankins34 likes this.
  10. Cmoney86

Trusted

I wonder who the 3rd headliner will be

11. sam_might_say

That’s the weird thing this year... It could literally be ANYONE! We know nothing!

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  12. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

I want the cure again. Don’t know if next year will be feasible tho

13. sam_might_say

I want The Cure or The Strokes

weshankins34 likes this.
  14. Cmoney86

Trusted

I wonder with touring being thrown into chaos next year the pull someone no one would expect. I’d love to see something like slipknot or Pearl Jam or foo fighters but I feel like they are too big or too expensive and prolly playing lolla or their own Chicago show. I think slipknot had a 2nd us tour planned for the fall and why they skipped Chicago on the original list of dates for may and June or whenever they where playing. I don’t think them plaything here last year had anything to do with not being in the tour with adtr and underoath

15. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Foo Fighters or Pearl Jam would be cool but I honestly think they are too big. They can get more money at Wrigley or Lollapalooza.

16. Cmoney86

Trusted

Yeah plus they both have ties to lolla and Pearl Jam has ties with the Cubs

17. DoctorM

Regular Supporter

Also strange thing about the email that says "182 shopping days" until Christmas is that Christmas is only 163 days away...

18. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Has Riot Fest ever dropped hints like that in their e-mails? Usually the only hints that we get are like, the day or two before the announcement in a teaser video.

(Which in hindsight, would have been a very cool way to reveal the 2021 line-up this year.)

19. Cmoney86

Trusted

I don’t remember them doing it in emails but videos before hand yes

20. Tifoil

ñ

Where did you saw that? Blink at the Aragon will sell out in minutes and now I want to be in that show really bad

21. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Bert said it on the Lead Singer Syndrome podcast.

Tifoil likes this.
  22. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Highly doubt Blink will be back next year. Super rare for a festival to rebook the same headliner two years in a row.

23. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I thought the three headliners were Smashing Pumpkins, Run the Jewels, and My Chemical Romance?

Tifoil likes this.
  24. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Those are the headliners thus far. And I would imagine that both My Chem and the Pumpkins are closing out the entire day. But they've said a few times that they have "more headliners" to announce, which makes me think that there might be a third "end of day" headliner TBA that would bump RTJ down a slot.

weshankins34 and ALT/MSC/FAN like this.
  25. sam_might_say

I have a feeling that whatever headliner gets announced yet will play Friday, MCR plays Saturday, and SP plays Sunday. I have no explanation other than MCR is before SP on the poster haha