Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2021 (September 17-19, Chicago IL) Tour • Page 64

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ALT/MSC/FAN, Sep 16, 2019.

1. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

hahaha good to know! They even parodied basket case for a music video last year!

theasteriskera likes this.
  2. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

"Dumb" is the best way to put it. Haha. I bought:

"Set Your Grohls." It's the Nirvana baby with Dave Grohl's face.

NFG's Green Day shirt was the "Kerplunk!" cover but it said New Found Glory in that same font instead of "Green Day." And "Bamboozle" instead of "Kerplunk."

Bayside's was the cover of "So Long And Thanks For All The Shoes" but instead of that album title it said "It's my job to keep punk rock elite." Fuck, I wish there was video of that whole set on YouTube.

I would be so into that! Only without Marky.

That'd be rad! But honestly, New Found Glory doing a Lifetime set would be acceptable as well.

theasteriskera likes this.
  3. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I feel for it too. And I'm glad I did. This shit is fucking really good! Thanks for the passive suggestion, haha.

theasteriskera and SamLevi11 like this.
  4. Cmoney86

Trusted

Lineup is stacked. I can’t fucking wait. Glad I got tickets months ago. The pre party Thursday show should be fun.

also the admit should be updated with the new poster

alkalinexandy likes this.
  5. simonthebutler

Regular

Super tempted to make a trip for this, flights are a nightmare at the minute though and not willing to risk losing the ticket price of we can't make it work

6. Cgarnsay

Trusted

They best part is, you can resell the ticket. This year will sell out.

7. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Cover sets day was easily a top 10 concert experience for me. Because it wasnt just like small low tiered bands you never heard of doing covers.... it was real bands doing something unique. That's why it was great...its something you could only see once and unique to the festival

An entire set of nfg doing green day. I mean. God damn

8. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Really bummed you only have until July 16 to buy a ticket that gets you into Thursday. I want to buy tickets, but don’t feel comfortable doing so yet.

9. domotime2

Can you? I thought I read they're not transferable

10. domotime2

Also btw I saw riotfest tweeted there are still headliners to be announced. God damn that means theres still top tiered acts to be announced? Exciting

weshankins34 and alkalinexandy like this.
  11. Cgarnsay

Trusted

They must have changed from years prior then

12. KindaFatMike

Trusted

i think GA and maybe even regular VIP are transferable, its when you get to Deluxe or platinum i thought it was not transferable.. could be mistaken.

13. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I'm thinking we have one last big/end of day main stage headliner and 1-2 "second stage" headliners. Plus some subs.

That is, I can see My Chemical Romance and Smashing Pumpkins closing the main stage. With one more TBA for another day.

I'm assuming RTJ will close out their set of stages. But I could see the Pixies being a sub under a main headliner or closing out their set of stages for the day. Same with Coheed or TBS this year, but having MCR on the bill makes at least one of them look a bit more likely to be a sub.

Sublime with Rome will definitely close out their stage -- but probably won't be last of the day on their set of stages.

Excited to see what we wind up with in the next wave!

Michael Schmidt and domotime2 like this.
  14. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

I'm guessing a few Fat Wreck bands get added in the next wave or two

alkalinexandy and domotime2 like this.
  15. KindaFatMike

Trusted

there are 12 bands that get to headline the big stages, and i definitely agree its safe to assume MCR, pumpkins, RTJ, pixies, sublime are all in that 12. TBS and coheed could be as well, unless they are tapped to sub for MCR/pumpkins. there are a few others that maybe could (AAR, circle jerks, thrice), but its awesome to think there could be 5-7 stage headliners still to go!

16. domotime2

A friend thought maybe Rage since he said they were supposed to tour with run the jewels or something

rbarlyo likes this.
  17. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Rage is playing two nights at the United Center two months earlier.

weshankins34 likes this.
  18. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I'm assuming Rage is going to get re-booked for the festivals they were meant to play this year.

19. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

OP updated.

Cmoney86 likes this.
  20. Cmoney86

Trusted

DEDBF97A-F231-4FA7-8FE6-FF37E8E6E922.jpeg

weshankins34 and Cgarnsay like this.
  21. Cgarnsay

Trusted

I have a good friend who has told me a lot of tours in Europe and most have been factual...

So he told me this.

Mid-Spring 2021- HIM, Asking Alexandria and Being As An Ocean European Tour
    Arena/ Large Theatres

Late Summer 2021- HIM, Black Veil Brides, and Bad Omens US Tour
    Large Theatres/Festivals

I would much prefer the European lineup, but regardless, HIM coming back already feels right...
    I am thinking they may be wave two or three...

22. Tifoil

ñ

I saw HIM twice, at Knotfest Mexico and in their farewell show in Mexico and they have been some of the most boring show I've seen. I know they have a big and passionate following and it's nothing against the band, they are just not for me.

23. Cmoney86

Trusted

Dose him even fit the aesthetic for riot

24. Cgarnsay

Trusted

A lot of crossover I think.

25. Pokinatcha Punk

Regular

And not even just HIM. If they had to book that tour package I think it would stick out like a sore thumb.