Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2021 (September 17-19, Chicago IL) Tour • Page 63

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ALT/MSC/FAN, Sep 16, 2019.

1. campeondeluniverso

nah.

Hum released a new album today. hopefully they get added in second or third wave.

flask likes this.
  2. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Fingers crossed

3. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Am I the only one who saw Hum last time and was bored out of my skull?

Great band on record, but hot damn were they boring live at like, 2 in the afternoon in the sweltering heat.

4. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

I enjoyed it, but it would’ve been better in a hazy club.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  5. atlas

Trusted

would die to see Hum live and at this point i don't care where

6. I thought they were good, and my friend (who had never heard them before) said it was the worst set he saw that year.

Did Lifetime play right before or after them? Because that's who I remember being really, really bad (pretty sure it was the same year).

7. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

same

Also, the new album fucks so hard, so I’m REALLY hoping we get them

8. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I don't think either band were bad. They were just... Boring. Zero energy or enthusiasm. It was fun hearing Hum play the songs I loved but something just felt off.

Lifetime's set was just before theirs, I think. And it was fucking really, really boring. Especially compared to their usual performances. Dan Yemin mentioned on a podcast recently that they hated playing those kinds of shows because the energy wasn't there, the vibe was off, etc. and that they would basically just be playing headlining gigs.

9. domotime2 Jun 25, 2020
    (Last edited: Jun 25, 2020)
    domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

I'm nervous about the size of my chem crowd lol. I heard system of a down crowd was insane so I'm expecting something similar.

I also have nightmares about My Chemical Romance because when I saw them at BAMBOOZLE a guy body slammed (legit bodyslam) to the concrete and my head smacked right on it. Got a concussion. By the time I got wind the coward ran off. This is obviously my most painful crowd moment of my life lol

10. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

I remember Chon shouting out the people camping for SOAD during their 11:30AM set lmao.

weshankins34 and pauljgreco like this.
  11. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

When did MCR ever play Riot Fest?

12. KindaFatMike

Trusted

hahaha, which was completely pointless of those campers because i walked up 5 mins before Merle started @ 7PM and was 5th row. But to Domotime's point, the hour between merle and SOAD (while billy idol was on the neighbor stage) was one of the roughest, angriest crowds id ever been in... mud, bullrushes, shitheads, that years railing layout which pinned the people in the front in on 3 sides.... and it only got worse once they actually started (which is a bummer cuz the performance was incredible).

I think the current layout would make that crowd so much more manageable, i think MCR may get the most overwhelming crowd since that, but hopefully not as vicious

13. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Ah sorry I meant bamboozle*

weshankins34 and ALT/MSC/FAN like this.
  14. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Gotcha! All good, just had to do a double take, haha.

weshankins34 likes this.
  15. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

We got Fever333 on AND it's the 10 year anniversary of Fake History next year? Let's make some magic happen, Riot.

16. Cgarnsay

Trusted

Dude... I had to check myself lol

natefoundglory likes this.
  17. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

Has anyone ever done cover sets at Riot Fest? I know Bamboozle did them a few times, I'm not sure how well it would go over but it could be kind of cool to see a cover set or 2 on Thursday from someone who's playing another night

domotime2 likes this.
  18. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Not since it's moved outside (and I'm not sure about the first indoor festivals), but that would be a super fun addition this year for Thursday!

The one year that Bamboozle had New Found Glory (Green Day), Set Your Goals (Foo Fighters/Nirvana), Bayside (NOFX), the Ataris (Misfits), and Anti-Flag (the Clash) was one of the most fun times I've had at any festival ever!

And the t-shirts that some of the bands made just for that night were ridiculously silly.

Fest does that too, and I have a super fond memory of the Flatliners doing a Rocket from the Crypt cover set at like, 1am.

19. Beach Slang doing a Replacements set would be very on brand for Riot Fest (and most of the Beach Slang shows I've been to became Replacements cover sets by the end of the night anyway).

20. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

I was a little too young & lived nowhere close, but I remember seeing all those Bamboozle cover sets being announced... I'd still do anything to see The Maine do an Everclear cover set.
    I bet those shirts are probably so dumb & so good!!
    The one year I went to Fest I went to as many of the cover sets as I could, Modern Baseball doing The Killers was wild

That literally sounds perfect

21. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Get Weatherstate to cover Green Day's Dookie in full. They would pull it off and it would be amazing.

theasteriskera likes this.
  22. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

Never heard of them but this was a very good way to get me to check out a new band lol

23. Pokinatcha Punk

Regular

I would love to see The Bouncing Souls do a Ramone’s set like they were supposed to do at Riot Fest years ago with Marky Ramone.

alkalinexandy and theasteriskera like this.
  24. Pokinatcha Punk

Regular

Also, I want an International Superheroes of Hardcore set on Thursday.

kman22, pauljgreco and theasteriskera like this.
  25. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yes to both please

Michael Schmidt likes this.