Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2021 (September 17-19, Chicago IL) Tour • Page 62

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ALT/MSC/FAN, Sep 16, 2019.

1. KindaFatMike

Trusted

I did the pointless exercise of staging the current crop of bands and coheed is indeed who I have pre pumpkins with pixies headlining the stage next door. There’s plenty of others to load up the MCR stages

2. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

The Pumpkins are my TOP MUST SEE BAND. If anyone else I’d like to see is on the same time as them I’m gonna be all sorts of ANGRY

3. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

On Sunday after American Football was done I was just so over the whole thing and I went back to my Airbnb to just watch YouTube lmao. I didn't even watch The Starting Line and I don't regret it haha, though I really hope to see them somewhere down the road.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  4. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

Well, my airbnb host already canceled for it being booked so far out lol, so you might not be missing out.

blinxspot likes this.
  5. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Honestly since Pumpkins are the local heroes I can’t see RF putting them up against anybody remotely similar/stylistically related.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  6. sam_might_say

Not to mention all the bands they’ve influenced too

7. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I love doing that shit, hah. Who did you have earlier in the day with RTJ?

Coheed into the Pumpkins would actually make a mess of sense. Who did you load onto the MCR stage?

8. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Put them against Simple Plan for the ultimate SP vs SP matchup.

9. KindaFatMike

Trusted

I only did it with 3 stages with 5 each: main, next to main, and side (and side stage gets extra bands) Rtj’s stage is all the hip hop (lupe, Vic, freida, kennyhoopla), and the next door stage is all the reggae/ska (sublime, dirty heads, toots, hepcat, fishbone)

10. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I did the same exact thing with the reggae/ska acts. I'm really hoping that Catbite winds up on this thing and they open that stage if that's actually a thing. They would fit perfectly while being just slightly different stylistically.

I'm having a hard time figuring out who would get "side stage" versus opening a main from this list of acts. Meet Me & the Altar, for example, would be great opening up whatever stage NFG and Simple Plan are inevitably on but could also work great on the side stage a bit later in the afternoon.

11. KindaFatMike Jun 18, 2020
    (Last edited: Jun 18, 2020)
    KindaFatMike

Trusted

Here was my first pass. its not perfect and obviously theres more than 3 stages in the end. i could see a bunch of switching around between anyone on a side stage with anyone in the first 2 slots on main stages, but its a jumping off point, lol

alkalinexandy and dilleo like this.
  12. Pokinatcha Punk

Regular

So I haven’t done a whole wishlist yet but I figured that I would post some as they come to my mind since we need to keep this thread going to over a year!

I would love a Sugarcult reunion for the 20th anniversary of Start Static.

since Keith Morris is already going to be there, I would like for them to just have him play all three days by adding OFF! And Flag!

theasteriskera and alkalinexandy like this.
  13. Darth Annihilus

Regular

Your Saturday lineup would be my worst nightmare if that happened haha

14. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Oh man. Sugarcult! I always forget them as an option... And TBH, I'm not sure why they haven't done a reunion of any sort yet.

15. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

16. Pokinatcha Punk

Regular

Well I think the 20th anniversary of Start Static would be a great time for them to do it! I would think there will be some reunions in the next two waves since there aren’t really a ton in the first wave (or at least none that were that surprising since we already knew the bands were back together).

17. sam_might_say

Another long shot, but I want Mike Doughty to do a Soul Coughing- Irresistible Bliss full-album play

18. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I think their actual stage placement will depend a lot on what happens to them over the next year or so but I would put money on Meet Me @ The Altar opening whatever stage has New Found Glory and Simple Plan.

I didn't consider Circle Jerks, Pup, and Fucked Up as being on the same stage but that's honestly a fantastic call.

No way that Fever 333 plays after Thursday or Saves the Day. I actually think, this time around, they might wind up on the small stage playing a bit later in the day... But I'm also honestly not sure how popular they are at the moment so I might be off.

Either way, I think we're missing a whole bunch of pieces to make an accurate call as to where everything will go. But these are some strong guesses (and I'm convinced that Sunday Roots stage line-up is 100% going to happen, albeit with at least one band on before Fishbone).

KindaFatMike likes this.
  19. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

If Beach Bunny does not get a later in the day set I will be angry. They did sell out the Metro which is bigger than where a lot of bands on here play.

Tifoil likes this.
  20. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Against Me! playing would be cool. They played last year so probably wouldn't this year, but next year could be very possible.

21. KindaFatMike

Trusted

yea my reasoning for MM@TA was simply going off history of bands on the bottom line usually opening the small stage, but of course it not an exact science. Pop punk bands were tricky, i was debating dedicating a whole stage, but decided to spread them around instead.
    I agree that thursday and saves the day were both BY FAR the biggest "why the hell are they so low on this poster??" I only didnt put them on the MCR stages was because they'd have to be super early in the day and quite frankly thats a disservice to either of them, lol but still mostly went by poster order to determine stage order.
    I think Fever is having a moment, and the legend of their live shows is growing so i could easily see them mid-day on a bigger stage instead (also my bias as they are in my top 3 must see's with pumpkins and mcr!)

22. silentjay

I count 93 bands on the 2019 lineup, so we're just barely halfway there.

23. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I'm with you here! It's easier on years when it's very clearly a full/proper tour or when it's very specific (e.g., the one year where it was like ADTR, FYS, Neck Deep, State Champs). I'm also kind of assuming that MM@TA are going to blow-up a bit between here and there. They're definitely starting to get a bit of a buzz...

And I think the way they did the announcement skews things a bit too. Mostly because the announcement feels like, yeah, we got 2/3 key headliners, most of the subs, and the undercard but I think there's a few more subs, a bunch of middle cards, and smaller "baby bands" to get announced.

Yeah, I get the "science" (art?) here based on what we have haha. If Thursday is the opener on the MCR tour then I feel pretty confident they'd be on the exact same stage. I could see either band comfortably playing a slot on the main stage earlier in the day but there's no way they'd be the very first band on that stage.

For Fever, I honestly think it's super odd that they're billed as high as they are. I know the live show is legendary, but they kinda feel like they are exactly where they were like, two years ago in terms of hype/popularity (if not a little below that) in the grand scheme of things. But maybe I'm just too old. Hah.

Y'know what? You're right! I had screwed something up when I was trying to automate the counting in MS Word...

Yup! We have plenty more bands to come!

24. Tifoil

ñ

I'm pretty sure their crowd is going to be huge! I hope for a main stage like at 4pm or an evening set in the Rise or Radicals stages

25. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter