Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2021 (September 17-19, Chicago IL) Tour • Page 313

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ALT/MSC/FAN, Sep 16, 2019.

1. TylerR

Regular

I think the general consensus is getting some form of virus at a festival is almost inevitable. Some are worse than others and some may not go away depending on who you spent time with. So, hope everyone is healthy and had a blast like I did! This was great to have back!

alkalinexandy and anotherpancake like this.
  2. manoverboard365

Trusted

Happy to wake up 7 days after my first night of Riot Fest and still feel great.
    I wonder if we'll ever get stats on the amount of attendees who provided vax status as opposed to just a negative test, like Lolla did.

3. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Been exhausted and also starting a new job so just getting to my riot fest post, but man what a weekend. Felt so damn good to be back. The lineup was killer this year, I didn’t even fully realize until I was there how much I liked it.

Friday was especially sick. Circa Survive, Kississippi, Motion City, and Beach Bunny all crushed it and ending with Pumpkins was a good time. Motion City’s crowd was one of the best I’ve ever been in for them. Might’ve been my favorite set of theirs besides the first time I saw them and their “final” show.

Saturday highlights were Citizen, Rancid, and Run the Jewels. Sunday was not as strong overall, but Slipknot was so awesome. I was pretty excited already but they exceeded my expectations. And ending the weekend with TBS at the Metro just felt right.

Idk I just love this festival so much and I already can’t wait until next year

4. KindaFatMike

Trusted

First covid test was negative, taking another one tomorrow to be sure. only times i wore a mask was when i was in dense crowds, ordering from a vendor, and at the the aftershow i went to. feels good, already miss it and already formulating my wishlist for 22, haha

5. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

2021's line-up was great in that even if the bands they had were repeats? They are consistently great live acts who know how to bring it in a festival setting. Genre-wise, it was also pretty diverse so it felt like I was seeing stuff I might not normally go out of my way to on the daily.

I'm hoping that 2022 has a few more deep cuts, surprises, smaller-scale reunions, or whatever but Riot Fest pulled off a very impressive feat in 2021 and I can't wait to see what they do next year!

6. KindaFatMike

Trusted

and at least from what ive seen, it feels like the refund rage in the last few weeks leading up to the fest died almost the second the fest started, but the new conversation is has riot out grown douglas park/the anti-riot locals seem to be a bit louder this year (or im just reading about it more). i like it in Douglass but would be open to them trying out a new, bigger space, if thats possible, because i get the frustration as just recently i was stopped from walking my dog on our daily route because the park was being set up for an Irish festival and it pissed me off and as i was walking away though 'oooh i do get how some of the neighborhood residents feel now'

7. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

TBH, nothing about this year gave me the vibe that the festival has "outgrown" the park. If anything, it felt a bit less congested than usual inside the festival.

As far as the anti-Riot Fest locals go, I can't even pretend to understand that situation. I'm not a local and every time it comes up in an article it seems to be a very vocal minority. Similarly, whenever it comes up in any FB groups or whatever for every person saying "OMG it's the worst!" there's at least one more saying "Nah, the locals are cool with it."

Which is kinda the same way it's always been as I recall. Even back when it was in Humboldt.

It all feels kinda like just another year to me, as far as that stuff goes.

KindaFatMike likes this.
  8. kelseyleigh

Trusted Supporter

Every year I feel bad for those who need to take the pink line for their normal lives and get stuck in the chaos that is people getting to/from the park.

KindaFatMike likes this.
  9. dubey

Regular

You would think someone would acknowledge that a festival was going in the area and respond with better train service

10. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Move Riot Fest to Montrose beach because the endangered plovers will have headed south by then.

11. Tifoil

ñ

Chicago date added

12. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Move the festival to Grant Park

jk

13. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

14. kelseyleigh

Trusted Supporter

Since CM Punk was there this year, is this the announcement that Eve 6 will be there next year?

alkalinexandy likes this.
  15. Tifoil Sep 27, 2021
    (Last edited: Sep 27, 2021)
    Tifoil

ñ

It seems Architects pushed their US tour to September 2022, maybe they will play Riot?

16. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Would make sense in that TGI slot

17. Cmoney86

Trusted

they have Chicago date for that tour currently before it gets rescheduled its December 1st

18. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Damn, was really hoping they’d get Eve 6 next year (not joking)

kelseyleigh likes this.
  19. Tifoil

ñ

Yeah, but hopefully they can play the festival and maybe an aftershow like what happened with the Bayside and the New Found Glory tours.

20. KindaFatMike

Trusted

This one made me laugh

upload_2021-9-27_17-9-32.png

21. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Honestly, the vitriol for the Twitter person seemed real at first.

Imagine if they get booked for 2022. But not at the festival. At a Not-Riot Fest Late Night Show. Or at a Rival Fest Late Night Show. That is promoted by Riot Fest.

kelseyleigh and anotherpancake like this.
  22. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Not sure if this means anything to anybody else on this thread but me... But 155-Pod just realized a crossover episode with the P.O.D.Kast where they break down the Slipknot/MGK feud and this is going to be m favorite podcast of 2021 I can tell already.

23. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Emailed Riot to see if they had any more pictures from our wedding ceremony and they emailed like 15 more pictures over :')

Again, I love this festival so damn much

24. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

That’s so cool!

I actually just got married this past Friday too. Feels great. :)

25. KindaFatMike

Trusted

nice! im taking the plunge this friday!