Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2021 (September 17-19, Chicago IL) Tour • Page 9

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ALT/MSC/FAN, Sep 16, 2019.

1. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

All of that would be great

alkalinexandy likes this.
  2. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Flats already announcing Cavalcade 10-year shows next year, so wonder if that could get a play at Riot. To me knowledge, their War on Xmas show in Chicago next month is just a regular one.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  3. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Seems pretty likely

4. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I'm fully expecting a Cavalcade US tour next year (probably in three separate runs including festival appearances). I'd imagine they'd play it at Riot Fest... But not sure whether or not it would be big enough to be a properly promoted album play (my gut tells me it probably isn't).

5. MexicanGuitars

I could see them again in the late afternoon side stage slot, but yeah likely not on the mid stages unless they had the Pkewx3 11:55 opening

6. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Even though I can't make it this year, I want Ratboys to play. They could take the Beach Bunny/Sincere Engineer spot.

7. Tifoil

ñ

On MCR subreddit they say the band will play at Lollapalooza

8. steven2480

What a bummer

9. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Actually, what great news! I live closer to Grant Park and am able to go to Lolla this year (unlike Riot). So I am stoked about this.

Also good news for @mattfreaksmeout since he said he can’t go to Riot next year either.

10. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

MCR would probably not headline Lollapalooza, so imagine if they do one of the Metro after shows.

11. Cmoney86

Trusted

Lolla has their headliners for next year booked a full year in advance so when 2019 was happening they already had the 2020 headliners booked so I’m not sure they even knew mcr was getting back together so they will prolly be a sub for someone

12. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

My thoughts were more about a potential Metro show haha.

13. Cmoney86

Trusted

If that’s the case I have a feeling it will be even more of a shit show then 2 years ago when blink and foo fighters played there

14. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I will be very gutted if MCR subheadline Lolla rather than headline Riot. I feel that would be a bad move for them honestly.

weshankins34 and theasteriskera like this.
  15. Rusty_Shackleford

Regular

MCR will headline Lollapalooza. C'mon ya'll. And I'm pretty sure this reunion has been in the works for quite awhile, long before it was announced.

ABRfan3295 and theasteriskera like this.
  16. Tifoil

ñ

For sure Lolla already had their 2020 headliners, almost every festival do. So if Download Festival in Japan and Australia who takes place in March, and Coachella in April managed to got them was because they know, and Lolla also knew for sure

17. Tifoil

ñ

I was thinking the same. Hope they got an aftershow at Metro. But for sure it will sell out in a few minutes

Daniel182 likes this.
  18. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Im ok with it being Lolla. The main stages at Riot always has shitty sound and visibility I feel like.

19. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I still think it'll be Riot, but I'd love to be wrong.

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  20. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I could see them pull a Blink and do Lolla next year and Riot the year after.

21. MexicanGuitars

Folks you’re all wrong, now that the plovers have flown the coup it’s MCR at MAMBY

Tifoil, ItsAndrew and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  22. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Ozzy Osbourne/Marilyn Manson tour skips Chicago next summer. Chance either of them headline Riot?

weshankins34 likes this.
  23. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I would love Marilyn Manson but he's so hit and miss these days

24. Cmoney86

Trusted

The July 1st date is summer fest maybe that’s why they skip Chicago but idk if summerfest has a radius clause or not

ItsAndrew likes this.
  25. Cmoney86

Trusted

they are the reschedule dates from this year that where canceled. Chicago didn’t have a show this year originally

ItsAndrew likes this.