Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2021 (September 17-19, Chicago IL) Tour • Page 7

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ALT/MSC/FAN, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Cmoney86

Trusted

it will be. i think charter one or whatever it is called now is too small even with the lawn section they have

2. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I mean if it follows FOB's trajectory, it's not crazy for a spring run and then also to headline Riot.

3. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I could see them headlining Riot Fest after the buzz of the reunion's died down a little. Like, a 2021 headliner.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  4. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Honestly, while them headlining Riot would be cool, it wouldn’t be the same if they already played a (reunited) show in Chicago, nor would it be the same as if the Riot show was their first show back as a band. I would still likely go (in 2021 since I can’t go next year), and I would enjoy them playing, but it won’t be as special.

5. Rusty_Shackleford

Regular

If they do shows (and they will, especially Coachella), they'll do Riot Fest. I thought they were in for 2018 but I'll stick with a top 2 of MCR and The Strokes until proven otherwise. For the third headliner, give me something similar to Flaming Lips in 2016 after big headliners Misfits (reunion) and Morrissey.

6. Cmoney86

Trusted

Ratm is back also so they could end up playin this or Lolla. Riot has a out of left field Reunion set for next year so it could be ratm but I think they end up on Lolla instead

weshankins34 likes this.
  7. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

What's the "out of left field" reunion? Was that in that one interview with Mike from like, a month ago? Or somewhere else?

Do we know how "exclusive" does Coachella try and get their festival appearances to be? I know it's not unheard of for bands to tour following Coachella appearances. But I feel like those "reunion" gets that they have... Usually that's the only festival appearance for that band on that year if memory serves (I'm thinking specifically about Refused and ATDI here--and Rage is a much bigger deal).

Unfortunately, I think RATM is more likely at Lolla but some of that depends on what the band wants to accomplish with this reunion. There's a history with Lolla and Rage. But Lolla also didn't put Prophets of Rage on when Riot Fest did (and Tom seemed stoked on the line-up when they played, which wouldn't happen at Lolla). Arguably, with Lollapalooza they would be reaching people they wouldn't normally reach (musically and politically) compared to Riot Fest which they would basically be playing to their own audience. Hopefully that makes sense, hah.

I could see this going either way. I'm saying with Rage? It's 2020 or bust for Riot Fest. But we have a shot at MCR in 2020 or 2021.

weshankins34 likes this.
  8. Cmoney86

Trusted

The out of left field thing is from the interview he did a month ago or so riot around the fest

9. T_D_A_G_A_R_I_M

Regular

RATM is too big for Riot Fest though right? They wouldn’t fit with the current stage config.

10. Mike Dust 81 Nov 1, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 1, 2019)
    Mike Dust 81

Trusted

I can see MCR playing Riot, RATM i am not sure.. Coachella probably dropped a shitload of money to get them to play...

also, def not ironic bands are reuniting the day I return from my 2 month hiatus

also I can see Riot booking this rumored Pantera tribute with Phil & Rex playing with Zakk

11. Cmoney86

Trusted

more dates are being added to the ratm reunion and will lead into the election so i could see them playing chicago in august or September for riot or lolla

alkalinexandy and weshankins34 like this.
  12. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

There's a thing going round on facebook about MCR playing a UK tour in early to mid September, including Riot weekend.

I don't know how true it is but the rumoured dates are sometime between the 5th and 18th of September.

13. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

KISS announced 75 more dates, one of which is 9/13/20 at Tinley Park. Im not from Chicago & last year was my first Riot Fest... does this put them in or out next year?

14. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

weshankins34 and theasteriskera like this.
  15. Tifoil

ñ

On Reddit they say MCR will tour the US in September 2020, making them really possible for Riot Fest

weshankins34 and pauljgreco like this.
  16. Rusty_Shackleford

Regular

Rage is WAAAAAY too big for Riot Fest. I was at their 2008 Lolla set and that was damn near a legit riot. I couldn't imagine what the crowd would do in a setting like Douglas Park. That could seriously get ugly.

17. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Yeah, Rage at Lolla and MCR at Riot makes a lot of sense.

weshankins34 likes this.
  18. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I live 40 mins from MK here in the UK so I would take this for sure.

19. weshankins34

This confirms the LA date isn't a one-off.

20. Cmoney86

Trusted

They are over seas in March from everything they are posting on Twitter and they are playing download fest in Australia

weshankins34 likes this.
  21. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

I mean ... they're not coming back to play one show. That should have been obvious. This will be a full year of touring, if not longer.

22. weshankins34

I thought so too, but some people on reddit and Facebook seemed to think otherwise.

23. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

MCR just added Australia dates in March, so I wouldn't be surprised if they are booked for Riot... I could see them and Bauhaus closing the Sunday night

24. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

They aren’t booking Bauhaus after what happened last year and MCR is likely going to be Friday or Saturday so the most amount of people can see them.

25. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

If MCR tour the UK in June, and play Reading in August, then Riot in September I'll see them three times in as four months... Holy shit.

weshankins34 likes this.