Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2021 (September 17-19, Chicago IL) Tour • Page 6

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ALT/MSC/FAN, Sep 16, 2019.

1. you vandal

Regular

Haha, yeah. Those are definitely exceptions.

2. Tifoil

ñ

The first time I went to Riot was in 2017 and I stayed at Lincoln Park, I really liked that part of the city and it's like a 45 minutes ride on train to the festival

3. Darth Annihilus

Regular

Both years I've gone I stayed by the airport and ubered everywhere, cost me about $200 between the fest, aftershows, and getting around the city on Thursday and Monday.

pauljgreco likes this.
  4. Chickenmcbringinits

i like food

I just moved to Oak Park like 2 weeks before Riot this year. My sister crashed on my couch for the weekend and we just split an uber/lyft there everyday. Our rides there weren't ever more than like $17, and as long as we wandered far enough away from the park afterwards it was pretty much the same at the end of the night too.

5. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

I wish someone would open a venue in our area... The only thing in that area i gobto is The Wire whixh brings in great bands but the sound is not really good there.

Chickenmcbringinits likes this.
  6. Chickenmcbringinits

i like food

I feel that. I love Wire, I actually work there every now and then when they need an extra hand. Great venue, great staff, it's just such a big room so the acoustics are pretty wild sometimes.

7. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

Honestly i felt real bad saying that about them because i adore Chris and i always see the sound guy (the one that broke his hand a few months ago) working real hard.

8. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Ben Buchnat and theasteriskera like this.
  9. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Holy shit that would be great

10. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Not happening. They don't tick any of the curveball "boxes" that usually come into play:

- No roots or influence in the punk/hardcore/indie/rock/metal community
    - Very few people would be excited enough by that name to watch them ironically or care about seeing them just to "tick a box"
    - They weren't culturally relevant enough to continue being referenced in pop-culture to this day (the window of people who are aware of that band is very small compared to somebody like Jerry Lee Lewis or the Village People)

Are there any acts that people would consider "curveballs" in the higher tiers of the line-ups over the years that don't tick at least 2/3 of those boxes?

11. atlas

Trusted

Chris from When We Was Kids? One of the sickest "local" bands I've ever seen anywhere in my life?

12. Chickenmcbringinits

i like food

We played with them in July and I was so happy they went after us because following that insanity with our skatepunk songs would have been awful hahaha they're the best.

13. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

I was at the show

14. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

my last post was Sept 9 so

just posting in case anyone thought I didn't survive Riot Fest

15. mikeb1124

Regular

Very early but do we finally get Bizkit at Riot?

Attached Files:

16. weshankins34

My Chemical Romance for Riot Fest?

17. Jim

Trusted Supporter

probably a safe bet. didnt the main riot guy say he was a bucket list band for them or did I make this up?

18. Cmoney86

Trusted

no he said hes been trying to get them to play for years

i think they will play but also do a headline stop at the uc or allstate

19. Cmoney86

Trusted

someone on the riot fest fan page on facebook is saying they arent riot fest headliner worthy

"LMAO headline what . . .
    They are nowhere near headline material .
    Seen them twice = blah blah blah . thier cool dudes tho for sure . but not headline material bro"

alkalinexandy and weshankins34 like this.
  20. weshankins34

Yea, that's insane. They are arguably too big to play at all. If Jawbreaker and Bikini Kill headlined their reunions there's no way they won't. I mean 1 3-day pass to riot fest last year was $150, which is the cost to see mcr alone at this upcoming show.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  21. Cmoney86

Trusted

i could see them either playing riot or lolla espcially if them playing coachella comes out to be true. or they do a summer tour and play tinley park or a early tour and play the united center or allstate. also they have the money to pay them. i mean if they can get misfits system fob blink they can get mcr. id say system was too big to play as well and yet they still got them

KindaFatMike and weshankins34 like this.
  22. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Welp...

(I'm very very happy the reunion performance isn't at Riot because it'll make it easier to swallow if they do end up playing but I've already had a chance to see them somewhere else.)

alkalinexandy likes this.
  23. CuttingMyFingersOff

Trusted

Definitely NOT saying they're not a headliner - they very much are - but maybe by the time September rolls around their draw will be slightly diminished if they hit Chicago and the midwest in the spring. Going from "Holy shit I would give up my first born to see them" to something a bit less intense. I just hope RF gets them. Lolla would suck.

theasteriskera likes this.
  24. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I'm just happy this all happened on the same day people started that ridiculous/silly Limp Bizkit speculation again...

I'm going 50-50 on them being on Riot Fest next year. They are definitely more of a "Riot Fest" band in pretty much every way, rather than a Lolla act but there's more money there and I think they would really be pushing to get them.

That being said: Riot Fest has said they've been trying for a few years now, there's a history there with some of the side-projects those guys have had... And I would imagine there's at least a few bands on the bill the people in that band would be excited about playing alongside compared to Lolla.

So it could go either way. And this is assuming they are doing festivals. I could see them doing a headline run without any festivals at all too. Excited to see how all of this plays out!

Ben Buchnat and weshankins34 like this.
  25. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I could also see them just doing a solo show here, and if that happens, I hope to god it is not at the Tinley amphitheater, but I have a feeling it will be.

weshankins34 likes this.