Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2021 (September 17-19, Chicago IL) Tour • Page 50

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ALT/MSC/FAN, Sep 16, 2019.

1. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Definitely down to catch that Mountain Goats tour in Detroit after Riot, if Riot still happens.

2. Emokid79

Regular

To see Billy Liar at Riot Fest would be awesome, especially after seeing him back in November play to a crowd of maybe 15. Dude is fantastic.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  3. Tifoil

ñ

The Regrettes are out, their rescheduled European tour clashes with Riot

4. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

MexicanGuitars likes this.
  5. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I would say anyone coming from out of state should look into travel and lodging refunds now, just to be prepared if there is a cancellation.

6. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

I’d be shocked if this happens

7. ALT/MSC/FAN

Yeah, just assume that it isn't happening. MCR will undoubtedly play next year, so that's a plus at least.

8. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Works for me because I can actually attend next year

9. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I'm holding out hope that it's going to happen, but I also won't be shocked if it gets canned for the year...

But I plan on waiting on refunds for my lodging and travel until it actually gets cancelled. No reason to rush that, IMHO.

10. KindaFatMike

Trusted

yea, it feel like riot has a chance to be one of the first big events allowed (without really knowing what else is out there in early sept.) fingers crossed.

weshankins34 likes this.
  11. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

So many festivals are crammed into the first three weekends of September as of now and may be clamoring for acts. It's going to be a nightmare for planners.

12. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Just assuming at this point Riot Fest isn't happening. Super bummed if it doesn't, but it's better for everyone to be safe.
    Me and my now fiancé got engaged in Chicago during Riot Fest weekend last year and have traveled from PA every year since 2016. We're getting married at the start of October next year and we're 100% still making the trip two weeks before the wedding.
    Hoping it still happens though. It would be one of the first events to take place that I'd be going to if it does which would make it super special.

13. Pokinatcha Punk

Regular

I’m still crossing my fingers that it will happen.

pauljgreco likes this.
  14. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

If it doesn’t happen, I’d at least like to see what the lineup would’ve been

Tifoil, alkalinexandy and pauljgreco like this.
  15. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

This is so bad ass, you all rule!!

pauljgreco likes this.
  16. KindaFatMike

Trusted

im still optimistic, alot of places are in the midst of the high point of their spikes so hopefully 5 months is plently long to cool off. If everyone can buckle down for another month or 2 we can start to see life resume.

17. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Haha thanks! We went on a whim in 2016 and fell in love with the city, so we go every year now!

18. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I'm feeling optimistic too. The concern is that there will be a "second spike." And I think that's a very real concern. But it all kinda depends on what we can do to better understand this thing, potentially find a treatment of some sort or whatever between now and then. A lot can change (and a lot can stay the same).

The way I'm looking at it, though, if it gets cancelled? Fine. I get my money back and get to watch my credit card debt decrease. If it happens? Even better. Party time!

I'm doing my best to ignore all of the speculation about what people are saying the summer and fall might look like, etc. because it's so far out.

19. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

No treatment will be available until next year. Second spike seems likely. I would definitely anticipate it getting canceled, though I do hope things get better somehow and it happens

20. MexicanGuitars

Chi Mayor said today it's too early to cancel summer festivals at this stage. Wonder if there might be some conflict there between her and Pritzker as this goes on.

weshankins34 likes this.
  21. Pokinatcha Punk

Regular

Pritzker clarified that he only means that they should prepare for the possibility of needing to be cancelled. He said that it is too early to say that they will definitely need to be cancelled and we will need to see what happens with the curve first.

22. MexicanGuitars

Yeah for sure, was just going off past responses to the crisis from both of them. E.g., Lightfoot saying CPS would stay open and then Pritzker ordering all IL schools closed.

23. ALT/MSC/FAN

Wouldn't be surprised if we get a lineup in May as normal, and then if it does get cancelled, they'll announce in July, so regardless, we'll probably see what it looks like at least.

24. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I hope it is cancelled so I can see MCR next year

25. Tifoil

ñ