Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2021 (September 17-19, Chicago IL) Tour • Page 49

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ALT/MSC/FAN, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Cmoney86

Trusted

Slam dunk is now the weekend before so all the bands that where scheduled to play that and have tours built around that now will prolly move everything to September and I’m sure that will take bands out of riot fest that where or are currently booked

2. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I'm honestly not sure how that works, or how those decisions would be made. It probably depends on the band, their slot on the line-up, how much money they're making for a given festival... And for the US-based bands, what their fall touring plans were for the US, how many of their rescheduled tour dates they would be able to re-book, etc.

It would be a little weird to say "Sorry, we're lined up to play your festival - we're going to cancel it and do something in the UK instead. Sorrrrry!" But these are also very abnormal times and frankly, there's enough bands not on the Slam Dunk line-up who will be looking to get out that maybe weren't planning to be active in the fall... That it'll net out.

And maybe I'm being too optimistic but part of me feels like the positioning of some of these re-scheduled dates has been done around Riot Fest with PRB being in October and Slam Dunk being the weekend before it.

3. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

All bands playing Swanfest are now out.

4. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

That's good news, IMHO.

5. Tifoil

ñ

Wonderstruck festival in Cleveland now takes place same weekend as Riot. Although I think there is no much crossover

6. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Among all those, the only one that really pops out to me is the Regrettes, Third Eye Blind and maybe Portugal. The Man... But those last two feel like a pretty big stretch.

Jon likes this.
  7. Pokinatcha Punk

Regular

Third Eye Blind seems kind of likely to me now. They didn’t announce a make up date for Chicago like they did for other cities they had to cancel and now this.

weshankins34 likes this.
  8. Tifoil

ñ

They could also be likely for Lollapalooza, as they are playing Osheaga and they tend to share bands

alkalinexandy likes this.
  9. Pokinatcha Punk

Regular

ah. I didn’t realize they were playing Osheaga. I hadn’t looked at their lineup at all.

10. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I mean, schedule-wise it would make sense for them to play Riot. But from a "fit" perspective, at this point they are far more Lollapalooza...

Pokinatcha Punk likes this.
  11. Pokinatcha Punk

Regular

Now that I know they are playing Osheaga, I’m sure that they are playing Lolla since the Ohio date was a make up date that they wouldn’t have had planned to work alongside playing Riot Fest unlike Osheaga and Lolla. I had just missed that they were playing Osheaga.

12. KindaFatMike

Trusted

JaytotheGee and Daniel182 like this.
  13. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

14. KindaFatMike

Trusted

as a follow up to that link above about Fake names, another article came out actually mentioning Riotfest as a piece of the band forming!

"Friends since first grade, the two guitarists ended up writing a handful of songs that day, and then closed out the session with a spontaneous decision to start a band. When it came to finding a bassist, Baker and Hampton looked to Johnny Temple, a fellow classmate from their elementary school.

Later that year at Chicago’s Riot Fest, both Baker and Temple were struck with the sudden inspiration to recruit Refused frontman Dennis Lyxzén as their singer."

15. Cmoney86

Trusted

Not that any of theses bands would play but they are all out
    2783C22A-79B5-4997-88F7-ED6FB4E553F6.jpeg

weshankins34 likes this.
  16. Tifoil

ñ

17. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Your Demise pulled out of Slam Dunk and it wasn’t even for Riot... god sake.

18. Tifoil

ñ

The Fest announced their line-up and as always is pretty good! I hope Riot gets Sparta and Frank Turner

The FEST 19

weshankins34 and JaytotheGee like this.
  19. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Among the larger/headlining acts, I think Riot Fest will probably get Frank Turner, Sparta, the Flatliners, Red City Radio, and Strike Anywhere. Maybe Good Riddance, Samiam, and/or A Wilhelm Scream if they're doing some fall touring. And I wouldn't necessarily rule any of the others out... They just seem far less likely to me (or they played last year like HWM).

On a smaller scale, I'd love to see Prince Daddy & The Hyena, Dollar Signs, Telethon, Rational Anthem, and/or Billy Liar at Riot.

20. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

These bands are all now definitely out, although they were all probably unlikely beforehand since this was originally in June.

weshankins34 likes this.
  21. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

I REALLY hope Mock Orange playing The Record Play in full will happen at Riot too

22. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

The Mountain Goats are out

weshankins34 likes this.
  23. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

I mean... they’re playing Milwaukee the 14th... And no date on the 13th... I’d say they’re likely now, if anything

theasteriskera likes this.
  24. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Evanston is right next to Chicago, and those two dates are less than a week after Riot, so they are out.

weshankins34 likes this.
  25. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Oh oops. I didn’t catch those