Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2021 (September 17-19, Chicago IL) Tour • Page 48

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ALT/MSC/FAN, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Cmoney86

Trusted

Dropkick Murphys are out

2. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Yup. I wasn't really expecting them this year, anyway...

But now I'm curious as to how the rescheduled dates (including the rescheduled PRB that's now taking place in the fall) will influence the line-up. I'm sure some acts are having to drop out because of the current situation... And others might jump on who weren't necessarily planning on being active at that point in time.

Really curious to see how it all shakes out.

3. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Mayday Parade's rescheduled tour dates have 9/11 in Urbana and 9/13 in Cincinnati.

I have a feeling they're playing Saturday.

Tifoil likes this.
  4. Tifoil

ñ

The Strokes might be out. They were playing a festival in Monterrey, Mexico this weekend and they rescheduled it to Riot Fest weekend

5. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I think with a new album coming out The Strokes will do a proper solo headlining show here versus play Riot Fest.

6. Tifoil

ñ

Also Emery could be a possibility as they announced a 15 anniversary tour of The Question wthout a Chicago date

7. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Cruel World fest in LA that was supposed to happen May 12 is now Sept 12. So every band on that lineup is out

8. Pokinatcha Punk

Regular

There have been bands that have played other California festivals the same weekend as Riot before. So I would say it makes them a lot less likely but not 100% out. But I might just be trying to be positive because I would like Devo, English Beat, and PIL to all play.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  9. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Generally, I think if a band is of a certain size and they aren't touring regularly but are playing festivals? There's a chance they may also play.

But if a band is on a tour and playing a festival like that (i.e., they have a bus rented) they definitely aren't playing. I think acts like Devo and Public Image Ltd. might still be in play Depends on what the English Beat wind up doing in the fall...

10. sam_might_say

Good point. I actually recall a few bands playing Kaboo Del Mar and Riot the same weekend

11. Pokinatcha Punk

Regular

I had actually assumed PIL would be out because John Lydon is doing a Q&A tour in the UK in late September, so I just figured he wouldn’t want to bother being in the US a week or so before that. So they still probably aren’t playing, but at least in my head it seems likelier than before.

12. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I really hope I'm allowed in the country by then. Would be nice.

13. marissalg

Trusted

I know everything is crazy right now but I’m being optimistic and buying my flights because they are insanely cheap right now. Normally I pay over $200 round trip and they’re down to $97 round trip.

14. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I think everything will be "settled" (in that we'll be allowed out of our homes and events will be happening) by September.

Great deal on that flight!

weshankins34 and marissalg like this.
  15. Cmoney86

Trusted

this is the same weekend so maybe there will be some crossover 90433326_2850501311652008_5481987658366320640_n.jpg

weshankins34 likes this.
  16. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

No that's fine

17. sam_might_say

18. Cmoney86

Trusted

theres also bands that will be added so...

19. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Dinosaur Pile-Up's last album is honestly fantastic. Great live too.

20. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Cypress Hill is a definite "maybe." And Dinosaur Pile-Up would be a solid "first band on the main stage" for a more "straight-up rock" headliner or something but beyond that... Nah.

All the other acts are way too "butt-rock" for Riot.

21. Tifoil

ñ

The Wonder Years is playing Chicago in July for their rescheduled tour. Does this lower thei chances of them playing Riot?

I was hoping for them to play The Upsides in full for it's 10 year anniversary

22. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

I think the usual 'radius clause' rules might not even matter when we get through all this. People will be so happy to finally go back to shows that they won't give a damn if an artist was just in town a couple months prior.

23. Pokinatcha Punk

Regular

I don’t think it would matter in this case. It is a make up show put on by Riot Fest and would be different sets.

Tifoil and alkalinexandy like this.
  24. Cmoney86

Trusted

With everything going on and everything being rescheduled the original lineup of this will not be what we see whenever it is announced.

25. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Maybe