Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2021 (September 17-19, Chicago IL) Tour • Page 44

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ALT/MSC/FAN, Sep 16, 2019.

1. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

The Suicide Machines look a little less likely. In a recent interview, Jay discussed their touring plans for the year and brought up doing an east coast run this summer along with the European festival dates, then hitting up the West coast in August/September...

Does't mean Riot Fest won't be a part of it (especially with their "homebase" being in Detroit). But the fact that they didn't mention anything midwest just makes me think it's less likely than I would have otherwise assumed.

weshankins34 likes this.
  2. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yep looks like it!

He mentioned the midwest!

"For the Midwest and East coast, we'll probably just do weekends because we can do that while living in Detroit."

alkalinexandy likes this.
  3. emojedi

Trusted

MUGI!!

mugi stan likes this.
  4. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I was so focused on the negative there... My hope has risen again!

5. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

If one of those blacked out dates is Chicago, does that rule them out for Riot?

6. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Riot probably won't announce until May and I'm assuming Chicago based on the routing is in April so I think they'd still be in

theasteriskera likes this.
  7. I also think there's a good chance the potential Chicago show would be a "Riot Fest Presents" show, so they could waive a radius clause if they wanted to.

alkalinexandy and theasteriskera like this.
  8. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I don't think a May show would be enough to rule a band like SLS out. They're a small enough band still (with enough demand, frankly) that having them play the festival and the show earlier in the year would make a lot of sense for both the band and the festival.

And another band is out: Built to Spill at Thalia Hall in August.

9. Chickenmcbringinits

i like food

SLS is on tour with The Wonder Years (hits Chicago in mid-March) so those dates should be released once that tour is done

alkalinexandy likes this.
  10. campeondeluniverso

nah.

what about Body Count at Warped? they just announced a show in NYC.

11. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

And my hearing will never recover

JaytotheGee likes this.
  12. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Also that Flats + Pkewx3 show was def 2017, and then Pkews played the actual festival last year.

Idk if SLS would get ruled out with a headliner, but would they come back to Chicago a third time in 2020 in September?

13. mugi stan

emojedi likes this.
  14. emojedi

Trusted

mugi stan likes this.
  15. mugi stan

that’s right!

16. Tyler Williams

Lunch_Tray625

Tigers Jaw announced a tour with no Chicago date. I know it's not a full US tour but I am hopefully thinking it it at least puts them in the realm of possibilities.

weshankins34 and theasteriskera like this.
  17. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Has tigers jaw ever played riot? Does anyone know?

18. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

I could see a Tigers Jaw set being extremely well attended at Riot, that would be dope

19. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Yup! They played in 2016!

weshankins34 and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  20. I saw them at Riot in 2016, not sure if they’ve played other years.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  21. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Yeah 2016 was the last time they played for sure. They were also the first band I ever saw at Riot so that set holds a pretty special place in my heart now that me and the fiance make this a yearly trip from PA!
    Could definitely see them on again this year.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  22. Cmoney86

Trusted

Not that it has any major impact on riot fest but picniq lineup is coming tomorrow at 8am

23. KindaFatMike

Trusted

and there it is, No obvious riot misses, but a few fun acts none the less. i feel like Ive been seeing that band The Blue Stones be promoted everywhere recently, saw them open for meg myers a little over a year ago and it was nothing special.
    [​IMG]

weshankins34 likes this.
  24. Tifoil Mar 2, 2020
    (Last edited: Mar 2, 2020)
    Tifoil

ñ

Tenacious D has a tour in september without a Chicago date

weshankins34 likes this.
  25. KindaFatMike

Trusted

Smashing Pumpkin headlining 04/29 – East Moline, IL @ The Rust Belt. doesn't rule them out, but probably lowers their chances of headlining riot a bit.

edit - though after google mapping it, its about 160 miles from Chicago. STILL IN PLAY!

weshankins34 likes this.