Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2021 (September 17-19, Chicago IL) Tour • Page 41

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ALT/MSC/FAN, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Pokinatcha Punk

Regular

I’ve never seen Bright Eyes so I would love for them to play. I had just assumed they would play pitchfork, so now my hopes are up that they will play at Riot Fest. Which means they will probably play Lolla.

2. emojedi

Trusted

My god I want TBC at riot

3. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I forgot about Circle Jerks and the high likelihood of ETID... Those are both solid adds, though nothing I would be too excited about.

If Riot Fest is able to get My Chemical Romance and relatively rare performances from a reunited Bright Eyes and Circle Jerks... Those would definitely be headline-getters.

Yup, that's Saves the Day. Thanks! Consider myself hyped for their performance.

4. Pokinatcha Punk Feb 20, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 20, 2020)
    Pokinatcha Punk

Regular

If they were to play an album I would assume that it would be I’m Wide Awake since it is celebrating an anniversary this year and Lifted isn’t. But I also just assume that if they are playing it won’t be an album.

weshankins34 and alkalinexandy like this.
  5. Rusty_Shackleford

Regular

Also, just because Faith No More is doing a show in September with Korn doesn't rule out Mr. Bungle doing a reunion set at Riot, right?

6. Tifoil

ñ

Faith No More is playing shows the 10 in Michigan, 12 in Indiana and 13 in Ohio.

He could play the 11 with Mr. Bungle at Riot but I dont know if its completly possible with that schedule

weshankins34 likes this.
  7. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I mean, it's technically possible but given the touring schedule and the fact that Mr. Bungle has played two shows this year... I would call it incredibly unlikely. You'd have to assume there would be rehearsal time needed, etc. required to do it all effectively.

8. KindaFatMike

Trusted

Tossing this out, more in hopes of willing it into existence. What about Muse? They have been in the "too big/too expensive" category for years, but I considered that their last 2 albums (drones & thought contagion) have been far less successful than their previous 4 albums, which all had pretty huge mainstream hits. im wondering if the diminished response towards those 2 recent albums could shave off just enough of either their US festival demand in the last 2-3 years, or overall price to be able to fit at Riot. I know they are a massive band, especially in europe, but for the US, i dont see how they could be that much further up than NIN, Blink, or The Cure, all who have headlined. again, just a thought disguised as hope. have a good weekend, gang.

chewbacca110 and pauljgreco like this.
  9. I'd be stoked for Muse.

10. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Muse still have to make up for being rained out at Lolla in 2017.

11. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

That last Muse album was bonkers, but actually pretty cool.

12. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

My friend went barricade for Muse from 12pm that day and was LIVID when it got cancelled lol.

ItsAndrew likes this.
  13. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I think the biggest difference between Muse and all of the bands you referenced is their credibility/reputation. Each of the bands you listed is a big influence on the indie/punk/metal/alternative rock world in a pretty significant way. Muse has not. It's not about popularity so much as aesthetic. And I think people downplay the role that plays in who does or doesn't headline Riot Fest way too much...

That being said? I don't think it's that far off (particularly if they have a new album on the way that could be viewed as a "return to form" or whatever). And I'd be into it if they were to be booked!

weshankins34 and KindaFatMike like this.
  14. KindaFatMike

Trusted

Oh totally, I mentioned those other bands because I see them all as “bigger” than muse which to me negates the “”they are too big” reason for why muse could or couldn’t be booked

alkalinexandy likes this.
  15. Tifoil

ñ

Muse would be cool. I remember when they headlined Download Festival in the UK they played a set with some of their heavy tracks as it was a Metal festival, it would be cool to see they do it again but at Riot

16. Tifoil

ñ

It seems Armor For Sleep is announcing a reunion

17. Cgarnsay

Trusted

I am looking to get an AirBnB anyone know about them? I have three people, but need 2 rooms.

18. I’ve gotten an Airbnb the last four years. I usually go with 5-6 people and it ends up being about $25-50 per night per person. We stay north of the fest in the wicker park/Ukrainian village area. It’s easy to get to the fest and there’s always good food/bars around. As an out of towner I’ve always felt safe.

chewbacca110 and Cgarnsay like this.
  19. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

At their last show in Boston, Ben was very adamant that it would be the last time they ever played together, but I REALLY hope that teasing is for a reunion :heart:

20. Rusty_Shackleford

Regular

With the Pitchfork lineup official, I'm pretty sold on the top three being My Chemical Romance / The Strokes / Smashing Pumpkins.

21. campeondeluniverso

nah.

New Order/Pet Shop Boys tour announced. in Chicago September 18.

weshankins34 likes this.
  22. KindaFatMike

Trusted

Kraftwerk 50th anniversary announced in Chicago for 7/21

weshankins34 likes this.
  23. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

This would be too good.

24. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

WELP armor for sleep is out

weshankins34 and theasteriskera like this.
  25. Armor For Sleep would have been perfect, especially with an anniversary album play.